Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Amazing!
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 04:53 PM
Amazing!

Guess I catch it again!

Two dead, murdered, Mexican members of a Nomad Family and just look at the junk that some think is more important--those posts in front of Doug's announcement.

Look into your hearts and think back to the last Nomand member lost.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 05:07 PM
Life and the Living.

One can appreciate and regret the passing of a relative, colleague, friend or acquaintance and Still live their own lives and pursue their interests without being maudlin.

I've been to enough funerals and wakes in my lifetime to know how many of those sincerely affected discussed (for whatever reason) Many subjects Other than the deceased. It is not necessary or reasonable to expect Everyone, even those who knew [them] well, to confine ALL of their thoughts to their passing. It is unreasonable to judge others by the length of their "sorrow" display.

[Edited on 11-13-2006 by MrBillM]
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 05:26 PM

i said nothing about it because after reading the artical i didnt know who or how anyone was related to anyone
now that i think i know ill say a prayer to antonio and his family

jerry and judi
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 05:28 PM

I agree with MrBillM wholeheartedly.

Bernie, you are "amazing" again yourself !
I realize that like many of us, you are probably just angry and frustrated at the recent losses but thats no reason to start a post just to say others are "amazing".... Nomads are not the ones to be mad at !!

And weren't we asked not to comment ?? Maybe some aren't sure what to say.

[Edited on 11-13-2006 by Diver]
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 05:31 PM

Thank you, Diver.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Karyn Ivie
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 05:48 PM

The state of affairs being what they are in parts of Mexico, I think that it is prudent (as Doug Suggested) to be extremely careful so as not to put anyone's safety at risk. There is a time for public outpouring of feelings, and there is a time to keep them private. My prayers go to the family.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 05:57 PM
Diver

This in reply to your very un-nice U-2U

Stick it where the sun don't shine. I have no use for the likes of you! You lay in the weeds until I post and then you pounce. So, again, I say--- stick it!

To the rest of you I might be sorry, but I doubt it because I keep thinking of the post you all admired about the Mexicans being happy and smiling folks--BS they hurt and deeply when they lose a friend or a family member and they do not smile!

Antonio is a friend of mine and I knew Hector and I hurt for them and their families!

Live as you will --but remember how upset you all got and how long you chose to be 'offended' when that nice lady from Baja Sur was killed. AND how long you forgot about living your normal lives.

I really would like to ask you how you spell hypocrite!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 06:03 PM

Thank you Bernie,
My u2 just stated my opinion as you have, but in private, and without the nasty name-calling.
Amazing that you totally miss the point, again.
Sorry for you.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 06:11 PM

Bernie, I really thought we should wait for Antonio to post something before anything else was done.

Doug posted as little as possible because there was the SD Union story which is public, waiting for BajaCactus himself to make a statement with details...

I received the email saying who was killed as did you and Doug... It was a terrible and disgusting thing, but the rest of the Baja Nomads do not know who was killed or how they relate to Antonio (BajaCactus).

Perhaps posting too little was more harmful than posting too much... You are upset as am I since we both met Hector and know he was one of the 'good' ones... as was his brother Gerardo.

So the other Nomads may know why you are so upset or why they should be too, Gerardo and Hector are Lorenia's brothers... Lorenia is Antonio's wife, Sra. BajaCactus. Bernie wrote about Hector in his newest book and it even features a cartoon showing Hector bar-b-quing for us at JR's when we met that wonderful Muñoz/Gaxiola family.

Please let's not get upset with each other over this tragidy... Let everyone respond or not, as they wish... Hector wouldn't want what happened to him to be a reaon for friends to get mad at each other... would he?

Vaya Con Dios Hermanos!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

marv sherrill
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 06:20 PM

David - thanks for clearing up a few details - I also did not realize the relationship to Antonio and his wife - I will be seeing them at the end of this week, and will relay our condolences. They are wonderful people and deserve our support.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by marv sherrill
David - thanks for clearing up a few details - I also did not realize the relationship to Antonio and his wife - I will be seeing them at the end of this week, and will relay our condolences. They are wonderful people and deserve our support.

You are welcome Marv... Antonio was going to be in Rosario next week, but the murders may very well change things... They live in Tijuana primarily. Check your u2u...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 06:30 PM

One thing I find surprising is the depth of feeling that I and others have felt over the passing of JR, Tucker, Mike, and now this. Even for others less known such as the plane that was recently lost from Mulege' and for Raquel and Larry, and for the recent hurricane victims, we have had deep feelings. Nomads are an amazing group of compassionate individuals and I am proud to be among you.

Thank you for your post David.
Bernie, I hope we meet in better times for both of us and are able to shake hands.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 06:36 PM
David K

Thanks for your thoughts

Here is my answer to Dougs question to me about posting what he did [here on his board]

Hi Doug,

I don't believe that it will matter. They already know who their friends and family are and where they can find them if they chose. Like the story says all of the law enforcement agencies in Baja have cartel folks on their payroll and there is absolutely no security. You guys probably met a couple
of the cartel guys as you toured the ECC ( emergency control center).
Antonio wrote me earlier and it is so sad----

David, Yes, as a good Mexian Hector would have been hurt and offended at the cavalier attitude of a few on this board. He certainly would have not been smiling as he read their comments. But, unlike me, he would never had said what he thought!

Sorry, but I offer no excuses to my comments about whoever Diver might prove to be.

Should my honest and straightforward thoughts be too much for the members of this board to accept then I will just leave quietly as so many of the other senior guys and gals have chosen to do, You make the call!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 06:57 PM

Bernie---
You seem to have a talent for creating threads which go on forever. As much as I respect you, I hope this isn't one of them.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 07:03 PM
Dennis

Check your u2u
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 07:32 PM

everyone check your u2u:yes:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 08:09 PM
My Sincerest Condolences

To Sra. Lorenia and Sr. Antonio

It is a terrible, awful event when righteous people are lost to violent actions by others.

I weep for the family.

To Bernie, your grief and outrage is completely understandable.

Lo siento a todos.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 08:55 PM

Ditto.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

puzzled.gif posted on 11-12-2006 at 09:04 PM
everyone ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
everyone check your u2u:yes:

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 09:30 PM

Its not that we dont care Bernie, its just that out of respect for Bajacactus, many of us have prefered to say as little as possible.

My condolences to cactus and his family.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.