BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11
Author: Subject: Duane Curtis; Playa Armenta killing - WAS: Crime in Mulege...
Karyn Ivie
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 01:13 PM

Hi,
I am Bruce's Sister, and I just talked to Bruce. He wants to let everyone know that he is fine, and he will not be posting on this thread any more. He will be back elsewhere on the forum tomorrow.
jones

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 02:51 PM

Having read some of the original posters past posts, I would suggest caution. Most of his posts are half truths and exaggerations, or stupid, i.e. "Bring it on!" referring to hurricane John's approach to Baja Sur. I believe something did happen in Mulege, but we need a more reliable source to know the truth!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 03:05 PM

OUCH -- Maybe a bad time for personal criticism, at least until we know what's going on. We all deserve clarification since the topic is safety, ours as well.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 03:21 PM

Toneart ---
You sure have a good attitude for someone who just had a giant load of crap dropped on his head. I know we live and learn but that was a tough one.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jones
Having read some of the original posters past posts, I would suggest caution. Most of his posts are half truths and exaggerations, or stupid, i.e. "Bring it on!" referring to hurricane John's approach to Baja Sur. I believe something did happen in Mulege, but we need a more reliable source to know the truth!

I would challenge you to prove any of your slander against Bruce. What you could possibly hope to achieve is beyond me??

I also, have gotten confirmation from 2 local sources that the murder did occur. I can understand Bruce's desire to warn us and his subsequent decision to remove his posts.
Actually sounds like maybe his family (sister etc) pressured him to protect himself. That wopuld seem like a very reasonable scenario to me.
His only potential error is that it may have been safer to forward the information to someone else to post.

QuePasaBaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Why have everyone igonred this statement by Bruce????"this post has been edited by Bruce R Leech under duress." Repeated several times!!!!

Does that not tell even the....oh crap.....of you that, perhaps he can not post as freely as he wishes.

I have to say that I almost laughed when I saw that. He gave me H E L L about a link on my site, that I REFUSED to remove. I said that it is censoring to do so. Now look what has happend here.

Sorry that this happened Bruce. I really am.

Have a Baja Day

QuePasaBaja
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 03:41 PM
I would suggest

that this thread die now. Trust me again.

Of course you won't because you can't.:no::(:no::(:no:

[Edited on 11-15-2006 by Sharksbaja]
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 03:45 PM

Regarding robberies at Mulege, it's also happening in the Loreto Area. In fact, today I returned from Nomad 'jerry's property where I inspected his motorhome that had been entered, and absolutely trashed. Back in my insurance days, I had seen nothing this bad. Sorry Jerry for your unfortunate 'happening'. Your friend Don's motorhome also had been entered & noticed the overhead t.v. missing, and they removed the radio from the dash. It too was trashed, but had been cleaned up. Anything I can do to help Jerry, let me know. Loreto is growing up along with the other cities in Baja. Along comes the negative side of growth. Was at Rattlesnake Beach south of Puerto Escondido couple days ago. Campers informed me that recently, one of the campers was awakened, to a shotgun holder. Robbered of their money. Some time in the same week, a pickup was stolen from the same beach, and was loaded with the owners cash for the 'vacation', computers, etc. Not a nice thing to know is going on right now. But Baja Nomads will keep you informed.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 03:48 PM

Well, you cant just pull the plug on it. Threads die when they die, all in their own time, probably when everybody gets tired of talking to themselves. Besides, nobody around follows suggestions anyway, unless they ask for them.
Where is Dr. Kevorkian when you need him?
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 03:54 PM

Bruce has forwarded that he is no longer posting on this thread, so why kick a dead horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drop it..

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 04:01 PM

I know that getting information from people that you do not know (for example, my posts on this topic) or getting part of the story can be frustrating and it can make people naturally question the accuracy or truth of that information.

All I can say is that amid the various speculation about the recent crimes, I have posted to inform others about what I know...at this point, I don't have the "whole story" about the murder/robbery that took place. The victim's grandson and his family are dealing with this tragedy and I do not feel it is my place to inquire at this time about all the details. I also do not feel it is my place to post this man's name out of respect for his family but most likely, at some point his story/obituary will be published in the SD newspaper.

So, amid all the information that we do not know at this point...let's also take a moment and remember the victim and his grieving family. Thanks...

Cuidate mucho to all who visit this board...
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 04:10 PM

Why should those of us that want to understand Mulege drop it? I have actively researched investing in the Mulege area for a few years. I'd like to know what's going on down there.

Just because Bruce started the thread and has chosen to bow out doesnt mean the subject is taboo. Others may have info. Bruce made a personal choice that I respect. But the story needs to be heard.

Boy, Toneart's experience at the police station is a classic case of trying to wait him out so long that he would just leave and not file a report.

Guess we know where NOT to go in Mulege in the event of a crime. Of course, that's JUST what they want..........

[Edited on 11-15-2006 by Hook]
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 04:19 PM

If you still want to enquire more start your own thread.

Just a suggestion.!

[Edited on 11-15-2006 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
If you still want to enquire more start your own thread.

Just a suggestion.!

[Edited on 11-15-2006 by comitan]

That's the other option I considered but it would seem that Lindsay might be the person to do this if he gets the details.
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 08:12 PM

At this time, as I posted earlier, I don't have all the details from the family but if at some point, they want to share that information, I will try to do so in a way that respects their wishes.
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 08:37 PM
very quite...

Just a foot note on this topic..
I have been back in the states from Tripui for three weeks..
did not hear of any of this in that time frame. I am not trying to challange it in any way.. Just nothing heard..
My next door neighbor [baja] got back last night and had not heard of the Mulge problems....

He did not hear of the problems at Rattlesnake [400 yards away] either.....

What to do?

martin-o
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 10:41 PM

i dont have the details either but a lot of reports from non nomads non from nomads except my long time friend phil s

jerry and judi
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2006 at 10:46 PM

looks like small potatoes

jerry and judi
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2006 at 03:59 PM

Is the something different? http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23477
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-16-2006 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Is the something different? http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23477
I'm certain that is the same... and per the person's request in that thread I am posting it here as well:

-------------

I was informed by the US consulate in Tijuana Sunday night that my 73 year old father, Lloyd Duane Curtis, had been murdered. He was stabbed three times, his lung punctured, he drowned in his own blood, the fatal blow was so forceful that it also broke his ribs. All this to steal his Jeep, a crappy portable DVD/TV, and a portable battery charger/jumper box. This probably(?) happened sometime between Thursday and Saturday (9th-11th) of last week at Playa Armenta, south of Mulege. An American couple(?) discovered his body on Sunday and then the police remembered seeing the Jeep on Friday(?) in Custiad Constitution. The police have no suspects and the detective's investigation seems motivated by a desire to buy the Jeep from us. Naturally I am horrified by all this and their incompetence in general. They told me that an American citizen, Jim (or John?) Perry left a message on the US consulate hotline on Thursday or Friday reporting a lone trailer sitting on the beach and asked if the local police would investigate it. The police didn't so until Sunday after another American couple reported the death. My family and I are of the opinion that the police are lying about the time of death to hide their incompetence. The medical examiner told us "off the record" that the police were not telling the truth about this and that it most likely occurred 24hrs before the police were saying. When we arrived to claim the body and fill out paperwork the Santa Rosalia DA was "fishing" so we waited a few hours for him. And then he was most concerned about showing us that he was the bigshot in town and nothing happened without his ok. He even started talking back to me in Spanish after I questioned why it took them so long to find my father and that it appeared he had been dead for longer than they were saying. Their "investigation" consists of about 10 pictures and a coroner's report. And it seems like they feel that they won't find the killer so why even bother.

SO...

PLEASE look for this Jeep!!!

It is a WHITE 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 4.7L V8, with tan leather and a sunroof.
The windows are slighty tinted (from the factory). It may be the Laredo model?
California License Plate # 5NRK826

It has a black roof rack that is easily visible and a large dent on the rear liftgate.
The radiator core support is also bent and you can see where it was cut off and welded back on.
It has also Bilstein shocks and a Rancho Steering Stabilizer.

If you see this Jeep please contact the local authorities.
Or call the Santa Rosalia DA Sergio Villareal (011 - 52) 615 - 153 - 0804
Or the U.S. Consulate's office in Tijuana (011 - 52) 664 - 622 - 7439

If you have other information and would like to contact me I can be reached at
951 - 587 - 3842
619 - 933 - 1396 cellphone
gtx510@gmail.com gtx510 @ gmail.com

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.