BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11
Author: Subject: Duane Curtis; Playa Armenta killing - WAS: Crime in Mulege...
gtx510
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 03:42 PM
Details of Murder near Mulege

Quote:
Originally posted by CasaManzana
Bruce- I have tried today in Mulege to find someone who can provide any details on these two incidents. Why has none of the locals or gringos in town heard of any of this? Please provide dates and locations so I can seek details and substantiate this story. (email me directly if you wish to not expose the information here)

[Edited on 11-14-2006 by CasaManzana]
I am Duane Curtis' son-in-law, Rick, and have been to Mulege and Playa Armenta with Duane, who camped there often. He was murdered in his trailer on Playa Armenta "officially" the 11th, and his 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee stolen. There were signs of struggle. It is white with gold trim, license 5NRK826. Due to advanced decay, he may have been killed as early as 11-7 or 8. We are looking for anyone who has seen his Jeep recently, or around or at the campsite during this time period, which was easily visible from the highway. Please share this info with other locals in Mulege. Officer Sergio Villareal at 52-615-153-0804 is the lead investigator handling the case. If you have any information, please contact him. rminerd@san.rr.com

Help us find my father\'s killer(s?)!!!

Description of Jeep

He was murdered on Playa Armenta, south of Mulege B.C.S. The local police say it was on the 11th, but it was probably Tuesday the 7th.

PLEASE help us to find his killers.
They stole his ALL WHITE 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

It has a large dent on the rear liftgate to the left of the license plate.
There\'s a large black roof rack, about 4\'x4\'x1/2\', made from thin, round steel tubes and rods.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 10:59 PM
A possible new lead

Would it be possible to find out who has been released from the prison south of Santa Rosalia prior to this? Driving back and forth from Mulege to Sta. R. I've noticed young men hitchhiking and/or walking. I've wondered if they are just-released convicts who have completed their sentence and been set free to make their way who knows where. Surely there would be statistics available which might possibly provide a valuable lead.
gtx510
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2006 at 09:13 PM

Daniel again...
I doubt they'd give out that sort of info but it might be worth asking?

I'd hope the military would detain people they suspected of driving stolen cars, but who knows?

Help us find my father\'s killer(s?)!!!

Description of Jeep

He was murdered on Playa Armenta, south of Mulege B.C.S. The local police say it was on the 11th, but it was probably Tuesday the 7th.

PLEASE help us to find his killers.
They stole his ALL WHITE 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

It has a large dent on the rear liftgate to the left of the license plate.
There\'s a large black roof rack, about 4\'x4\'x1/2\', made from thin, round steel tubes and rods.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-25-2006 at 09:17 PM
Daniel

Did you get the u2u's that I sent??
Lauri

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 03:06 PM

Dear Curtis Family,
My name is Lauri Taylor and I would like to send you my sincere condolences. I was so saddened to hear of the murder of your beloved father. I am writing to you because we share a terribly unfortunate bond as my mother, Jane A. Kling, was also murdered in Baja this year. If I can be of any help or support to your family in any way, I would like to offer it, but would not like to intrude. Please feel free to e-mail me and I will forward my phone number so that we can talk privately. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 01:50 AM

I don't mean to step on any toes here BUT I have read all the post an have hear no mention of a REWARD! It's been my experience that MONEY opens mouths and eye expecally if in US dollars. I personally would put up $100 US to anyone that can help resolve this unspeakable crime. I vow I will send it to Doug or a chosen represenative if someone can. Doug or David K has my E address and can notify me of results.

Even the police interest perks up with money!!!!:!:
ursidae69
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Really........REALLY........PATHETIC.

I agree, the authorities aught to be ashamed. I hope they find this killer and string him up.

If this story fades away without any resolution, I will be re-thinking my plans for March 07. I've already removed Conception Bay from my itinerary. Sad that the locals have to pay for this with reduced tourism dollars.

My prayers are with the family.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by reefrocket
I don't mean to step on any toes here BUT I have read all the post an have hear no mention of a REWARD! It's been my experience that MONEY opens mouths and eye expecally if in US dollars. I personally would put up $100 US to anyone that can help resolve this unspeakable crime. I vow I will send it to Doug or a chosen represenative if someone can. Doug or David K has my E address and can notify me of results.

Even the police interest perks up with money!!!!:!:

You make a good point, reefrocket. Money can work wonders.

Money offered..............AND money withheld.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 02:34 PM

Recently in El Cajon, CA arrests have been made for the killing of 2 liquor store employees by 2 assailants. The reason given by the police for the arrest?.....a tip generated from a $100,000 reward put up by the owners and the community.

It does work!
psyflyjohn

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 10:42 AM

This is very interesting. I arrived in Burro Beach yesterday. Was having dinner with some folks who spend all winter down here, and have been here since October. I mentioned the recent homicide at Playa Armenta -and they hadn't heard about it ! I'm amazed at the lack of communication down here. They knew the gentleman, and were very shocked about his demise.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 11:22 AM

If you aren't wired into the internet etc. or have little dialogue with people in the community, how would you know what's going on beyond your range of vision?:no:
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 04:51 PM
Duane Curtis Jeep found

The Jeep of a San Diego man killed while on vacation in Baja has been found, 10News reported.

Earlier this month, Duane Curtis, 73, was found stabbed to death on a beach in Baja where he was vacationing.

Curtis?s Jeep was missing and his dog was found wandering along the beach.

According to his family, police recovered the Jeep near Ciudad Constitution in Mulege.

Mexican authorities have told the family that they have some leads, but so far no arrests have been made.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stickers
The Jeep of a San Diego man killed while on vacation in Baja has been found, 10News reported.

Earlier this month, Duane Curtis, 73, was found stabbed to death on a beach in Baja where he was vacationing.

Curtis?s Jeep was missing and his dog was found wandering along the beach.

According to his family, police recovered the Jeep near Ciudad Constitution in Mulege.

Mexican authorities have told the family that they have some leads, but so far no arrests have been made.

Huh???Ciudad Constitution is not near Mulege.
Anyway, good that the jeep was found. Hope the leads lead to the murder(s).
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 06:23 PM

I don't trust the press . I hope that gtx510 will post something here about the jeep.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 06:26 PM

I just checked kgtv.com, the story is there, apparently it is his vehicle.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 07:33 PM

the police here in Mulege know nothing about the jeep being found. but that doesn't mean anything, they rarely know anything about anything

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 07:11 AM

It is pretty common knowledge that a lot of the crime that happens in Loreto, Ligui, and south of Mulege comes from people in Constitucion. The same thing happened to a guy who used to camp at the beach at Ligui, but when the bad guys left with his truck, he had called the friends of his in Ligui who proceded to block the road and this outlaw was stopped before he could get on the road at Ligui. We were told by the port Captain in Lopez Mateos that they were able to trace most of their crime to people in Constitucion.
southerner

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 07:46 AM

That's not good news for San Juanico when (if) the road finally gets paved. A whole new market for the Constitucion thugs
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2006 at 02:42 PM

Why is there so much crime around Constitution? It's mostly a farming, fishing community isn't it? Is there a bad drug problem? I've met several people from there who are really nice. What's up?
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-3-2006 at 03:40 PM

Crystal meth is a HUGE problem all over baja. It's not just the states. Imagine a thief that can work for days on end. Not to mention the Tenayan.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.