BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Kind of a weird question about the border.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 09:56 AM

Farasha, How about a bedpan? I'll bet them make them out of plastic and one could be carried for "emergencies".
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 10:19 AM
4 Females

Sporty's Pilot Shop. www.sportys.com

LilJohn.jpg - 11kB
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 10:38 AM

alright - BNF will appreciate this tools as much :biggrin:

I'm stilllauging my socks off.
AND the Bedpan is still a cheap option for ME - can bring it home from WORK :lol: and return it after the trip.
kellychapman
Nomad

Mood: heavenly

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 05:51 PM

hold it............:no:..but I love the bedpan idea as a perfect idea.......once when my mom and I got stuck in a line heading toward Vegas and mom used the flour pot we were happen to have in the car.....I guess anything big enough to put you butt on.....so make sure all your weight limits will hold up for you should you need it....LMAO :bounce: as you can see the bouncing is not a good idea in this situation...
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 06:27 PM
Hope the "flour" was not later used for baking

Quote:
Originally posted by kellychapman
hold it............:no:..but I love the bedpan idea as a perfect idea.......once when my mom and I got stuck in a line heading toward Vegas and mom used the flour pot we were happen to have in the car.....I guess anything big enough to put you butt on.....so make sure all your weight limits will hold up for you should you need it....LMAO :bounce: as you can see the bouncing is not a good idea in this situation...
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 08:25 PM

Make friends with a motorhome owner (me) and cross with them:rolleyes:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Summanus
...or with a 5th Wheeler, like us. I even have magazines....

hang a sign on the door next time.

pee for a dollar:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2006 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Make friends with a motorhome owner (me) and cross with them:rolleyes:

Two years ago we pulled over off the side of the road with our camp trailer about 1/2 hour south of Catavinia so our then 3 year old could go in the back to do his stuff. As my wife dissapeared into the trailer with the little man, a car drove up and a man got in a hurry and asked "do you have a bathroom my wife can use ? I'll pay."
Apparently his wife was a bit shy and in real need of relief;
she could barely walk !
We obliged for no fee.

M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

lol.gif posted on 11-19-2006 at 06:04 AM
Good memory Camote

I had a great Grunt Chevy van and my solution was to drill a hole in the floor near the drivers seat. I then put a transmission funnel in it when needed. It was about the same hight as my seat, so, when needed, I would just slide my butt off to the right and take care of business. I'm a woman by the way. It was so easy and un-obvious that I could still yak at the venders with them being non the wiser (unless the ground tilted their way, LOL). Be sure to wear a skirt or sarong on border days. I also have a small rectangle trash can bungied next to the drivers seat, in an emergency, you could just as easily slide over onto that. Now, as far as a #2 problem, the trash can would work, but it would REALLY have to be an emergency.
Not a very delicate subject matter, but, it's a fact of life and I was glad on a few occasions that I figured that problem out before it became a real problem. Good luck,
M
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 07:48 AM

i'm NEVER getting ot of my car at the border NOW!!!

YUK!!!

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by M
I had a great Grunt Chevy van and my solution was to drill a hole in the floor near the drivers seat. I then put a transmission funnel in it when needed. It was about the same hight as my seat, so, when needed, I would just slide my butt off to the right and take care of business. I'm a woman by the way. It was so easy and un-obvious that I could still yak at the venders with them being non the wiser (unless the ground tilted their way, LOL). Be sure to wear a skirt or sarong on border days. I also have a small rectangle trash can bungied next to the drivers seat, in an emergency, you could just as easily slide over onto that. Now, as far as a #2 problem, the trash can would work, but it would REALLY have to be an emergency.
Not a very delicate subject matter, but, it's a fact of life and I was glad on a few occasions that I figured that problem out before it became a real problem. Good luck,
M

And I thought it was a radiator leaking antifreeze.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 11:51 AM

Summanus,

ref: When in Rome

At least he got his shoes out of the way. Wish I were that agile.

Oh oh....looks like trouble coming in from the left of the photo.:O
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
Quote:
Originally posted by M
M

And I thought it was a radiator leaking antifreeze.

I always thought it's from the Aircon- Hm, tells me how easily one can be wrong!!:lol:

Now I wonder how that guy on the bench manages NOT to stain his clothes once the pressure gets less ??:?::light::bounce:
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 12:06 PM

Something tells me he doesn't worry about that too much Farasha!:lol:

Edit: This was an insensitive post on my part, and I am sorry. There really is nothing funny about this person's circumstances.

[Edited on 11-19-2006 by Paula]

M
Nomad

sad.gif posted on 11-19-2006 at 12:07 PM
From the looks of it Farasha,

I don't think that poor ba**ard is worried about ANYTHING let alone staining his clothes. From the other puddle behind him, I'm guessing he was there for a while, eventually not even able to stand.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 12:19 PM

Since M posted HER solution, I have been tossing this problem - could I or NOT. Coming to the end - I simply COULD NOT - I envy M that she can. I rather would have my bladder burst I guess.
Traveling a lot, I did have this problem couple times - and it gave me really some pain occasionally, BUT I just can't in public.:cool::coolup::no:
Lets see if BNF will be able to convince his wife to give it a try.:biggrin:
M
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 01:51 PM
I understand Farasha...

When I started dating my first husband, we used to fly every weekend in his Mooney airplane. That was a lot of fun, HOWEVER, the transit was a bit taxing at times. Imagine being closed up in an old VW beetle, windows up, with narrower seats. Now, imagine you have to pee REAL BAD.
Being a new relationship, I was nowhere near ready to perform the required contortions to drop drawers, let alone PEE in front of him yet....So, like you Farasha, I suffered...deeply.
Well, one weekend, on our way to Mammoth for ourfirstover-nighter together, I was faced with this exact problem. DAMN! I had drunk NOTHING, not even my morning coffee, had gone before we took off, took every precaution. Well, I had no choice but to get over it. Luckily, Doug kept a coffee can in the plane for just such emergencies. Works great if your a man, not so much if your a woman. Those are some pretty sharp edges around that can, and I won't explain the visions running in my head regarding the outcome of a little turbulance. Anyway, while doing the deed, I could see Doug in my peripheral vision trying to control himself. He was smart enough to figure out that if he laughed out loud, chances are good he wasn't going to get real lucky that weekend, but then, if he didn't bust loose with some guffaws, he was probably going to rupture something important anyway, so you can see his problem.
He wisely turned his head all the way to the left so I couldn't see his face and vice versa, but I saw his body shaking....
It's funny now, but believe it or not, I was still somewhat shy when I was 22.
M
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Well Farasha, I guess you could replace the drivers seat with a toilet, water-saver type, of course. Get the padded seat for long distance comfort.

Well, this might have been the perfect border crossing car, the famous Louis Mattar's Touring Car. They drove non-stop from Alaska to Mexico city in 1954---could even change a tire while moving, and yes it had a toliet.

The chemical toliet went in where the washing machine sits. Heck, while one waits, they could do the laundry and ironing instead of waiting until getting home.

Happy border wait
Diane

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 02:22 PM

Now see? That guy up there has been through the border before. He knows what to do.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2006 at 02:31 PM

DIANE - cozy little potty :lol: I just imagine now a bumpy road - Yuk:P
But like the idea of getting the ironing done while doing business :tumble:

M:- well I have been there too - will tell you one day MY stories of embarrassments - but not here - am still shy in that respect. :yes::rolleyes:
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.