BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto for New Years :-)
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 05:13 PM
Loreto for New Years :-)

Another circumstance to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving...

I checked on Craigslist (locally) and found a gent selling a RT ticket anywhere Alaska flies for $475 ! Met him at the airport this morning before the family festivities, transferred the tix, and booked for Loreto 12/28 to 1/2.

How lucky, especially since holiday tix were nearly unobtainium.... (that rare and expensive element) for me.

I imagine Loreto is booked up for the time I'm there... I'll poke around and see... Might just end up camping out on my little lot....!? Whatever it takes for a little warmth and sweet salt air.

If you know of space availible in town, please let me know.

I'll do a few emails and skype calls tommorrow.... (Inn keepers need a little time off too ! ! )

Again.... I'm both - thankful AND happy !
djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 03:53 PM

is it standby?? did you have to pay for the taxes seperatly??
i know that each employ gets a number of standby rp tickets i was gifted 2 2 yrs ago and it did save me money but had to pay the taxes and permits seperatly about $110 and it was only flying into cabos at that time

ps if they get cought selling the tickets or even bartering they get fired at least it was printed right on the rules of the tickets i got but heck if it works for you go for it no one gona fire you lol:light::light::light:

jerry and judi
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 03:58 PM

djh
have you been in loreto on new years eve ??
theres partys in the autorum with the loudest band i ever heard then they go to partys all over town hugh partys that last a day or 2 some have to go home rest and come back injoy

jerry and judi
djh
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 03:59 PM
different...

Hi Jerry,

This was a ticket awarded to a Gold MVP for his taking a "bump" (he volunteered for a later flight due to overbooking ).

Met him at the airport, paid him the $475, he paid $50 to transfer it to me, and I then used it to book... Reserved seat, etc. (not standby).

Right place at the right time, I guess! Now to be so lucky to find a place to stay in Loreto during a very busy season...

Best,
djh

Peace, Love, and Music
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 09:01 PM

djh great for you on the tickets i understand now did the bump thing myself just allway used the tickets didnt even think of selling them ??
might not be too big of a problem to get a room most touristos arnt there for newyears or at least havent been in the past?? thinks change??
good luck

jerry and judi
djh
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 08:11 AM

Thanks Jerry,
I am looking forward to New Years in Loreto!
We'll get our project started on our lot one day soon, and be spending a whole lot more time there in the years ahead.
Let me know if you need me to bring you a cooler full of snow from Idaho!! ;)

Peace, Love, and Music
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 08:18 AM

I looks like I'm going to miss you on this trip djh I will be in Ensenada at that time. but hopefully on your next trip we can get together.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

djh
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 08:41 AM

Thanks, Bruce,
I will be down again in late March / early April. Might drive a very nice fellow Nomad's car down for them...
Safe travels, my friend.
David.

Peace, Love, and Music
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 11:41 AM

dang david all you had to do is mention snow and this morning theres about 2 inches on my patio not comon in eugene or
looks like ill miss you this winter ill be getting to loreto on jan 9th and leave late feb but my wife can retire august 1st so after that we can do as we please cant wait

jerry and judi
djh
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 08:27 AM

Sorry... about the snow... (I won't mention how COLD it is gettint just now as I don't want to Jinx you again...)

We will meet up next time...

PS... I have many good memories of Eugene - friends there, the many E-Law conferences I attended (I am NOT an atty...) the High Street Pub... :)

We are lucky to live in the beautiful Northwest, AND to have a little holdout in Baja, eh?

An early congrats to Judy on her approaching retirement!! That should help with finding a better balance between time in OR., and time in Baja !

djh

Peace, Love, and Music

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.