Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The South Campos Parade of Lights
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 05:40 AM
The South Campos Parade of Lights

will be presented by the South Campos Educational Group on Friday, December 29th. The participants will gather at our Community Center at 5:00 PM and the parade will start about 5:30. Randy Jr is the chairman and fellow Nomad, BajaWarrior ( Chuck ) is the co-chairman. The entries include various modes of transportation lit up with hundreds of lights. Candy is thrown to the children who line the streets of the Poblado. Our Community Center is located at KM35 on the Puertecitos Freeway south of San Felipe. All are welcome to demonstrate their creativity and join the fun. George? Melanie?
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 07:31 AM

In addition, the Parade will then leave the Poblado and drive south on the Highway to Campo Cadena where we enter the beach and travel North at Parade speed showing off our lights to the many parties along the bluffs at the various campo's. We will travel for approximatly 6 miles where we will end at Campo Santa Maria.

So, dig out those extra Christmas lights and decorations, fire up that small generator or invertor and join the fun!

Rob, it was great to see you this past weekend, I will be back down on Friday the 15th. Also, I communicated with Kathy Hewitt regarding the announcements which she said she would handle with regular Community business.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 08:45 AM
BW

Thanks for your help in organizing the event. Kathy is including it with her daily announcements and we will be talking it up with the people in the hood.
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 06:23 PM

That sounds great, I hope we have a good turnout again this year!

ArvadaGeorge
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 06:51 AM

We will be there—my group has hope of being in Campo Nuevo Mazatlan on the evening of 12-26-06 or the Morning of 12-27-06

Bring Individually Wrapped Hard Candy to throw to the children along our route.
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2006 at 03:15 PM

We look forward to seeing you and Louise. Please stop by once you are settled in @ NM.
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2006 at 09:37 PM

ArvadaGeorge,

I will be coming back down on the 27th myself, look me up, 4th house north of the little campground/beach access at Playa Hermosa, just south of BajaRob.

Casa #24 House and big garage. White Ford crew cab with Black lumber rack.

See ya then!

baja829
Nomad

Mood: BAJA HAPPY

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 01:58 AM

Rob, we're still in the States. What's the latest on the Posada for the kids in the Poblado? Date, time, help needed, etc. We have good used and new toys and about 200 new kids tee shirts -- should be back Mon. or Tues. Let me know if we can help. Maureen
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 05:54 AM
Los Ninos Fiesta de Navidad

will be held on December 16th at the Community Center between 5-7PM. The children of the Poblado can use whatever you can provide. Please contact me on channel 69 or at 111-0424 when you arrive. We can always use help to set up for the kids. thanks
baja829
Nomad

Mood: BAJA HAPPY

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 01:59 PM

Thanks Rob. Please let Andy and his wife know we'll be back next week. M
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 06:15 AM
Santa

has not arrived as yet but should be here next week. I have posted flyers all around the Poblado.
dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 03:54 PM

BajaRob,

FYI;

Alta Santa Maria, California is having its anual Parade of lights this evening. As in all previous years it is presented by the local Rotary Clubs.

I will not attend the local parade, but certainly would like to attend the one you are presenting in Baja.

Maybe next year?

SDM
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 04:10 PM
thanks

for your interest Dean. Hope to see you at next years parade.
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2006 at 07:51 AM

I've been participating in the Parade of Lights for which will be my 8th year in a row. Amazingly, each year's weather has been perfect. Clear but cold, and never windy. There is always a good turnout, both participants and spectators. It gives me a great sense of community when everyone gets together for this occasion.

Join the fun!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.