Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: My Friend
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 07:36 PM
My Friend

I must tell each of you that I consider this place to be one where friends may express their feelings and their thoughts on the reality of life......................................and that is the reason I post this..........................My Baja Lady

She was my friend
My best friend one could say

A girl who cared
One who caressed and soothed me

Yea, one who cared
When I hurt she was there

To care for me

She would come to me
Quietly in the night

To seek my warmth and
Cuddle upon my knee

Smile and sooth me
Yes, she made sure

That everything was alright
My little girl

My Monkey Butt
My Sabrina, my lady

Who nursed me back to health
and made me whole

A lady who made me smile
Who cared about my life

Who touched me ever so gently
And made me so happy

To face each new day
My little lady

My cat

The Lady who died today

[Edited on 11-28-2006 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 07:45 PM

so sorry for your loss; cats can be great friends and do wonders to keep you warm at night. may she rest in peace.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 07:49 PM

Oh Bernie! Lo siento! She was surely a good companion to you and gave you comfort. My heart goes out to you...rest in peace Lady...:(

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 07:50 PM
Bernie------

----beautifully written, and I know exactly how you feel. My sincere condolances go out to you.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 07:52 PM

I'm truely sorry for your loss, Bernie. I look at my dog, LuLu, and wonder how I would handel her demise and know it would be difficult. Our animals, our pets, are so much more than we can explain......they become a part of us. Our best friends.
I guess it's better that you bury your pal than your pal bury you.
Im sorry, Bernie
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 07:58 PM

Oh Bernie ... our thoughts are with you ... your "Lady Sabrina" is now with some of our 'babies' that have gone on to heaven to wait for us .. may you and LuAnn find comfort in the love of those around you .. Tommy & Lori
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 08:03 PM

So sorry you lost your friend, Bernie. She is waiting for you on the other side.

I lost my best little friend "Smokey" in September... and I think of him every day.... as I do "Kitty-Bear-the-best-kitty-in-the-world", who died at 20 years - and Motor, who was my partner for 16 years. We have 5 kittys now... all between 8 and 17 years old.

I'm sure KittyBear, Motor, and Smokey will welcome Sabrina.

I understand how you feel, amigo.
djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 08:28 PM

Que lastima, Bernie. I am so sorry. I wrote this when my beloved little bulldog Rosie died years ago, it applies, I think, equally to Lady:

"Sleep well and breathe easy for once, my beautiful little bulldog. Maybe we will be together again sometime. If that’s not the way it works, please know that I loved you dearly and I always will, and I am honored that you loved me too."

++Ken++
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 08:35 PM

Ken .... What a good, tender thought. Bernies sentiments as well as yours show how our animal pals can bring out the best of us just as they gave as well.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 09:26 PM

"another little piece of my heart", Janis Joplin

Iflyfish
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-27-2006 at 11:41 PM

lo siento, hermano!

when I saw the caption I was going to make a smart remark (per usual) but losing a little pal is not a time for smart remarks.

I had to put Sally to sleep last year, and I still miss that little warm spot on the side of the bed....

RIP, gatita
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 12:23 AM

I feel with you Bernie - YES, I know how it is like, when I lost my little sister, my cat of 18years,many years ago.
I mourned her like any other member of my family.
Still waking up sometimes, in the middle of the night - because I FEEL her next to me, where she used to sleep!
Missing that PURRR and nose rubbing, her paws threading my left shoulder ( she used to do that WITH her claws), leaving tiny scars - which I could see for years, after she was gone!
Her VOICE, when she was welcoming me at home, after a day at work.
Or her complaints when I was late, or when she wanted to go to sleep ( she wouldn't go without me, when I was at home).
And still, when I find some of her white/black/red hairs, especially in my old pullovers, you know how they get into the material - like woven in, I get tears in my eyes.

I put some photos up at home - she is still with me!!
She had a great personality.

I know how you feel Bernie - and I'm sorry for your loss!!

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 06:54 AM

Awwwwwwww Bernie! <sniff> I can relate! All animal lovers can! Looking back on all the good times & comfort she gave you helps....as proven by your beautiful & thoughtful words!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 07:32 AM

vaya con dio pocito gato. lo siento Bernardo.

this is why i have only fish for pets. no emotional attachments and depending on specie you can eat them after they assume room temperature.

of course in some cultures the same can be said for many domesticated mammals.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 08:00 AM

Have both cats and dogs. Way too attached to 'em. :D Agree with Capt. Mike. In the future my cats are gonna be yellow and run on diesel. ;) Sorry about your friend Bernie.
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

sad.gif posted on 11-28-2006 at 09:41 AM
To lose a pet

Bernie---So sorry about your cat. People without a pet don't understand how devestating it can be to lose one. Its just like a member of the family. Don't know what El Senor was thinking when he made us. We can live 80 years or more. Dogs and cats just don't make it very long. Every dog we have lost---we have sworn to never get another. Within a week we have a new puppy. Get another cat when you feel up to it. Russ

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 10:12 AM

Capt. Mike, that's not really a very 'warm and fuzzy' reply! But, I understand the need for humor on some sad events...

I know the cat that Bernie loved, she was a family member and used up her 9 lives very well giving comfort to Bernie over many, many years.

Lady now lives forever, in all our thoughts...

[Edited on 11-28-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 10:31 AM
David K

Thanks to each and everyone who sent those nice thoughts my way.

I even thank Captain Mike because I realize that the fact that he even posted meant something to me as I sort of think I understand his 'humor.'

I called her my Baja Lady because she, unlike most cats, traveled about 115,000 miles--always draped over my shoulders--in Baja.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 11:50 AM

Lo siento mucho amigo...big or small the loss of a dear mascota hurts and they are sadly missed. My tailless bobcat cross, a famous breed here is pregnant and has gorgeous kitties. I'll send pics so you can choose one and she'll be here when you visit. Hang in there.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2006 at 12:10 PM

Bernie, I feel for you. Your post made me think of my cat Fatima who passed away earlier this year. I have had many cats and each one is special in it's own way, but Fatima was the smartest and most loving of all of them. She came to us a pregnant mother who I tried to shoo away, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. She would get on my shoulder and lick my ears, and wake us up in the morning by licking our noses. She purred so loud it wasn't always easy to sleep and anytime you touched your nose to hers, her tongue would automatically come out and lick your nose. It was so sad when she finally went blind and became unable to get around at age 16. The thing I remember was her total trust and unconditional love for us. When she passed, it was like losing a child and a best friend. I'm sure you feel the same way.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.