Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: finest home/landmark at posada for sale
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 10:03 AM
more Fractured Fables...

From my friend the lawyer!

NOT ALL LAWYERS ARE BAD------

Only in Louisiana - you have to love this lawyer - (you may substitute Baja for Louisiana!)

A New Orleans lawyer sought an FHA loan for a client who lost his house in Hurricane Katrina and wanted to rebuild. He was told the loan would be granted if he could prove
satisfactory title to the parcel of property being offered as
collateral.

The title to the property dated back to 1803, which took the Lawyer three months to track down and document.

After sending the information to the FHA, he received the following reply: (Actual letter): "Upon review of your letter adjoining your client's loan application, we note that the request is supported by an Abstract of Title. While we
compliment the able manner in which you have prepared and presented the application, we must point out that you have only cleared title to the proposed collateral property back to 1803. Before final approval can be accorded, it will be necessary to clear the title back to its origin."

Annoyed, the lawyer responded as follows: (Actual Letter):

"Your letter regarding title in Case No. 189156 has been received. I note that you wish to have title extended further than the 194 years covered by the present application. I was unaware that any educated person in this country, particularly those working in the property area, would not
know that Louisiana was purchased, by the U.S., from France in 1803, the year of origin identified in our application. For the edification of uninformed FHA bureaucrats, the title to the land prior to U.S. ownership was obtained from France, which had acquired it by Right of Conquest from Spain.

The land came into the possession of Spain by Right of Discovery made in the year 1492 by a sea captain named Christopher Columbus, who had been granted the privilege of seeking a new route to India by the Spanish monarch,
Isabella. The good queen, Isabella, being a pious woman and almost as careful about titles as the FHA, took the precaution of securing the blessing of the Pope before she sold her jewels to finance Columbus' expedition.

Now the Pope, as I'm sure you may know, is the emissary of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and God, it is commonly accepted, created this world. Therefore, I believe it is safe to presume that God also made that part of the world
called Louisiana. God, therefore, would be the owner of origin and His origins date back to before the beginning of time, the world as we know it, AND the FHA. I hope you find God's original claim to be satisfactory.

Now, may we have our damn loan?"

He got the loan. ;D

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
abreojos
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 10:17 AM

I never really liked neither very much too, so I do pretty good as a straight shooter and it is a relief to the clients to have someone they can trust. So the bad reputation eliminates all those dirtbags as competition.
Hey Minnow, In Cabo you basicly have 2 choices for work, timeshare or real estate. I choose the lesser of 2 evils. I work for a small Mexican company and I am the only Gringo there. Most of the real estate companies down here you got to kiss a lot of Gringo ass. I don't have to kiss anybodies and we sell a good product for a really good price. We do ok and there isn't a brown ring around my nose!
I have a very good friend who happens to be a lawyer and a realitor who just got his Mex. citizenship and left for Tailand on a Mex. passport. Loves it there and does not plan on coming back to Mexico.
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 10:55 AM

TAILand. Was that a Freudian slip?:lol::lol::lol:
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 12:57 PM

Mike. Only advantage to having someone living "over" you, is you know if they are home or not. Especially with cement floors/ceilings. Ex: scooting chairs. Things being dropped. (like an amplifier those cement ceilings) Maybe one could install a carpet on the ceiling below to cut down on the noise. Reason we always ask for top floor regardless of how tall the building is when we travel. Then again. Maybe you might get lucky and the visitors upstairs might only be 'occational' visitors. Love living in houses, and not condo's!!!!! At least for now. LIfe style changes all the time, even in my life. Like I'm thinking very seriously of selling my l999 Dodge 3/4 ton 4X4 110,000 miles diesel (all highway to Cabo & back since new except for maybe 1K miles pulling a 28 ft t.t. or the dirt roads of baja) With canopy & boat rack. Getting too big to manuever around in Loreto anymore. Especially to find a place to park. Next thing you know, they will be building a parking structure downtown to house the folks that use the BanComer bank & can't find a place to park anymore less than two blocks away. Thinking of maybe a Chysler or Dodge Caravan. Anyone driving one of these now? How's it for comfort on the road. I know that consumers gave them a bad rating for brakes & transmission a few years back. Howabout the 04's & newer?? I'd like the Toyota's but not in my price range for just driving back & forth to Cabo/Loreto. However, their gas mileage might be better than Chrysler. Looking forward to reading comments on this. Maybe have to move to new thread.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
TAILand. Was that a Freudian slip?:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 01:45 PM

Thighland?:?::tumble::bounce:
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
"they can be worth their weight in gold"

let's do the math....

price of gold per ounce = $621.60
16 ounces in pound
one pound of gold = $9945.60

One lawyer weighs 300 pounds
(he has ALOT of lunches)

one lawyer is worth $2,983,680.00:lol:

You forgot one thing: How much value does one get for his/her own lb. of flesh?:?::?::lol:

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 02:28 PM

toneart!!!!:bounce: A pound of flesh!!!:yes:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.