Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Development at El Requeson
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2003 at 01:18 PM
Development at El Requeson

I saw this in the camping forum yesterday. Maybe this is old news, but if this develpment does go through, camping there will certainly be history. Take a look at this map. http://www.munoz-industries.com/proyect1.htm
I can't seem to shrink down the image to include it as an attatchment.

If somebody took the time to draw up some maps like these to develop the spit area of Requeson, I would think that it is going to happen by somebody at some point. Am I being selfish to want this area for camping, or should I stop my pusuit for camping in Baja and contribute to the economy by staying at mega-resorts? It's not my country; if they want the entire coastline developed, what can I say? Am I off base here, or are there others out there would would like to see at least some small campgrounds set aside like we have here in California?
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2003 at 03:38 PM
Development

That map is disgusting. The only people that want this to happen are developers. They don't give a rat's katooty about nature and the environment . Right Mike ?
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2003 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Baja
That map is disgusting. The only people that want this to happen are developers. They don't give a rat's katooty about nature and the environment . Right Mike ?

Down here that's par for the course. It's their land and unless you buy it or convince someone who agrees with you to buy it they can do whatever they want with it. Of course the reason they will develop it is because people will buy and build.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2003 at 05:32 PM
Camping Baja

If there is any one out there that would like to know some good areas away from everything please request the location via my private mail other wise you may go there and have company. Skeet
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 12:51 AM

Skeet, I would like to camp on the sand spit at Playa El Requeson about 10 years from now. Do you think you will be able to arrange it? :no:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 06:54 AM
looks interesting but i'd say way too

aggressive in scope to guarantee any sales success or profitability due to its being far from any comm'l air connections. Loreto Bay will have a bigger chance for commercial appeal and attendant success. And NO, I'm still not connected to that deal in any way nor is this a promotion for it!

I think you can relax JR/Ski as the "cottage cheesy" beach will remain so for quite a few eons to come. The "developer" may however enjoy reaping some investor dollars at the expense of a simple to create site plan, and never have to build a thing. So goes the way of most sea side ventures in baja.......i wouldn't worry.

Oh, I just studied his prospectus, its laughable at best. Any time you read a line that asks, "do you want to make a lot of money?...." come on, get real! how stupid does he think the public is?? then he distorts reality by claiming a temp swing only to 85 as the high?!! Yeah right....thats why so many winter visitors stay thrrough the summer... those with high powered AC maybe! most that can, go elsewhere after april unless they want to swelter! thats the last place I'll be in summer!

[Edited on 12-26-2003 by capt. mike]

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 07:38 AM
Development plan

Who would they target to buy and build? Certainly not your average Mexican.
senorj3
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 08:51 AM
El Requeson

I was wondering when other people would find out about this project!!! It has been on the web for 2 years now!!!. This company came in and bought the hotel on Buenaventura, and has been trying to get the Homeowners to buy into their plan.It has been in court ever since.They say they have owned and been paying all the fees and taxes for over 10 years. They also have not done anything they haveshown on there web page, if anything they have made the place worse!!!The original owner of the property Mike and Olivia built the place with the help of two ItaliansRoberto,Franca.It is a shame or it is just the way Mexico works that somecompany can say things post things that BS and get away with it.I to believe that that kind of project will never go!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 10:15 AM

I was living in Loreto when the Development started at Buenadventura. the people worked hard and made a nice little place but it has not done as well as expected and I think it mayhave something to do with the Direction, power, and amount of WIND.
El Requeseon could do weel as it is fairly close to Loreto for Air Flights, the same that happened to Chivato and Mulege,They are close enough and lots of people use the Air Service.
Hey Pack! How come you want to Camp near People. I can send you to a place that you can talk to the Fish!!
If to many people start going into Requeseon the Water will get bad, just like it did at Escondido many years ago when the Govt had to mve them out!
There are Thousands of Beach areas to go to without a bunch of people.
Skeet/Loreto Campers off the beach because they would not clean up after they had Camped.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 01:01 PM

Skeet, I don't want to camp by people. I will U2U or email you concerning some suggestions regarding my upcoming trip. Take care, Packoderm
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 01:11 PM

Oh, thank you everybody for your interesting replies - especially Grover, thank you for your research efforts. Are you going to make that your avatar?

[Edited on 11/21/2003 by Packoderm]
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2003 at 11:04 PM

No more this ?
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

wink.gif posted on 12-28-2003 at 11:22 AM
New Year's Day Break

:spingrin::tumble:
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2003 at 12:03 PM
Photos

As much as I like our photos, I think Grover takes the win !
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2003 at 09:06 AM

J.R. and LT... great shots!

J.R. - those dogs sure look relaxed, I wonder why? What a great place to camp. :bounce:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-29-2003 at 11:56 AM

"It's not my country; if they want the entire coastline developed, what can I say?"
You can say plenty, and you SHOULD say it loud, long and often. Start with FONATUR and tell them how you feel. Tell the Mexican Environmental departments (a little research will identify the entities) and tell them projects such as these destroy the precarious ecosystem in Baja California. This department was responsible for stopping the development of the salt plant in Bahia San Ignacio. Environmental impact reports are required for such a project. The protection of the earth's environment is everyone's concern for everyone's benefit. FONATUR is interested in issues affecting tourism. Join the many, many organizations which work toward preservation and protection of special places such as Requeson. To say nothing is the real mistake.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2003 at 08:19 PM

Before you start sending money to anyone trying to control the Enviorment in Baja check them out real close. Ask who is on their board of Directors. Ask them about where the Donotions go to?Ask them where the money is spent.

Keep in mind that Mexico is not your Country.Keep in mind that the Mexican People shuld have the last say in anything to do with their country.
Do not be an Ugly American and try to impose your set of Standards on the Mexican People so that you may have a place to go Camp!
The Playa which is the subject of this Post is empty most of the year!Go when it is not Full!There are Thousands of Beaches in Baja. Find Them and leave them as they Are!Skeet/Loreto

Hank

[*] posted on 12-30-2003 at 02:16 AM

Grover, that European girl in the water looks pretty good, but I think I'd rather have this one.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-30-2003 at 06:00 AM
Right on Skeet!! let them decide their own

destiny! Americans mind your own biz, unless you invest and make it your biz as a partner.

Grover, cutie for sure but i am with Hank....Lois Rocks!!!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaDave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2004 at 03:07 AM

One more picture...
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.