Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BAHIA ASUNCION!!
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2006 at 12:29 AM
BAHIA ASUNCION!!

I made a rather rushed trip to Bahia Asuncion Thanksgiving
week. Left Wednesday. Skipped getting our tourist cards until we got to Ensenada,as I wanted to avoid stopping at
the aduana area to park. The last two times I did this It took
me a while to convince the officials not to take my car apart in their attempted inspection process, as I was stopping by choice not because of the red light.Arriving at the migracion office in Ensenada were were told that we would
have to pay a fine of 57 pesos for not getting our card in Tijuana. We also had to purchase all of our forms for the fine,
as well as the form for the tourist card. This is apart from the $20 tha the card costs for 180 days. I have never had this happen at the Ensenada migracion before.
Well at least hey have one stop service with the built in "bank" Fishing licences can be bought there too.
Drove down as far as El Rosario where we stayed at the
excellent back room of Baja Catus. Had Dinner at Mama Espinosas which seemed to be filled with Baja 1000 returnees. Got up early the next morning and had coffee at
the bus stop. We were up too early for the baker.
The road was in good shape for the most part, however it does seem to be a lot narrower than I remember it.
Had lunch at Catavina across the road from the hotel at the
cactus shack restarant. Food was good as usual.
We moved on with no check points save the mandatory malathion blast to the tires that you pay for passing G Negro.
I have a diesel rig and I would suggest getting fuel where
you can as the supply is always uncertain between BCN and
BCS. There was diesel going down at Villa Jesus Maria, but
not at the Pemex on the highway at G Negro. Vizcaino had
fuel. The turn off to Bahia Asuncion is black top for around
50 miles the remaining 20 odd miles was through well and recently graded dirt. The worst part was actually a small part of the blacktop that suffered some pot holes. When you get close to town I would suggest going left,following the "Power pole road" It has a much more level road. The other route which I assume is shorter resembles a dirt roller
coaster in the amount of sudden and steep dips.
The town is a pleasant clean and quiet place. Not much in the way of stores or places to stay. It has I think just one
Motel. Very basic rooms that have a TV that gets two channels.
The surrounding beaches to the north and south offer excellent areas to go camping and surf fishing. You must however be well stocked and supplied.
The fishing in the bay is excellent for yellowtail, the elevated water temperaturedid not seem to bother the fishing. Large calico bass abound and can be caught on trolled or jigged lures with ease. This place is great for a quiet get away.
Will write more later.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2006 at 01:28 AM

Thanks for the post. I look forward to more

Iflyfish
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 06:59 PM

um...just one thing...it's true that there is one motel and everything else but also there are a few stores where you can find anything you need...except maybe hay...lol...but other than that...good post!!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2006 at 08:01 PM

Hey there, things will get better. You are safe, though it must be hard to be away from the family. Hang in there, better days are ahead.

Iflyfish
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 04:06 PM

There are lots of stores here but sometimes they don't look like stores and some are on the back streets...true there isn't a supermarket but each store has differents stuff, some have great veggies, some cheap canned goods, a good tackle shop, auto parts, 2 hardware stores etc....ya just have to ask or look for them. Whoaaaaah.....a big shake just happened!!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
,,,,, Whoaaaaah.....a big shake just happened!!!

That stuff is STILL going on? Are they at least smaller tremmors than before? WOW.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
richwhiteguy

[*] posted on 12-16-2006 at 08:35 PM

Are there good beach launch possibilities for a small catamaran?
Rich
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-17-2006 at 07:08 PM

We pulled out a 23' Aquarius sailboat at the coop's boat ramp at high tide no problem so a small cat should be fine and there's lots of wind here that's for sure!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.