Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hotel advice! Please.
jeremybohrer

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 12:03 AM
Hotel advice! Please.

Hey all,
My girlfriend and I are making the trip to Cabo for New Years. Would love some thoughts on hotels in the following towns:
San Quintin
Punta Prieta
San Ignacio
Loreto
La PAz
Los Barrilles
Magdalena Bay
Mulege
Guerro Negro

This is our first trip and would REALLY appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Jeremy and Victoria
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremybohrer
Hey all,
My girlfriend and I are making the trip to Cabo for New Years. Would love some thoughts on hotels in the following towns:
San Quintin
Punta Prieta
San Ignacio
Loreto
La PAz
Los Barrilles
Magdalena Bay
Mulege
Guerro Negro

This is our first trip and would REALLY appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Jeremy and Victoria

Geeze. Do a search on hotels. There is lots of information that's been covered already.

:cool:

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 12:44 AM
Hotels

For San Quintin I would recommend the Old Mill, quiet, clean, reasonable rates and a nice place on the bay. Try to get one of the newer rooms with the fireplace.

[Edited on 12-8-2006 by bajaguy]
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 01:20 AM

San Ignacio -
Hotel Posada, about $30. Drive into town, with the Mission on your right, keep going straight (no sharp left at the town plaza). take the narrow road forward. Then it curves left (east) At first it looks like you are driving into no-mans-land. After 1/2 mile or so you will see the hotel on your right. It's small and the owner will greet you. he doesn't speak English but watches the place like a hawk. Make sure he shows you how to work the valves for hot water. It's walking distance to town and a simple, quiet place. U2U me if you need more info.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 04:18 AM

San Ignacio

San Ignacio Springs, beautiful yurts in an even more beautiful setting.

Gary and Terry will treat you like family. A canadian couple that has been in Baja for quite a while. Great people! Comes with breakfast, dinner if you order beforehand. Terry a superb chef. Mention George & Deborah from Punta Abreojos.

Go see and touch the grey whales in Laguna San Ignacio. Gary can make all the arrangements. Something you'll never forget.

Loreto, try Cocoas Cabanas, really clean, close to town with a swimming pool. Barrett, the owner is originally from Oregon. Book early, he fills up fast!

El Nido in town for great steaks and almeja chocolata...wow.

Good Luck and enjoy Baja... Capt. George

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 10:16 AM

San Quintin-The Old Mill
Los Barilles-Martin Verdugos
La Paz-So many I don't know where to start. But I've stayed at many and they were all OK, at least for us. Large range in price and quality; it would help if you were more specific.
Loreto-Iguana Inn, but often full. Coco Cabanas, ditto. Plaza Loreto. Cabanas de Loreto. IMO stay in town (in other words, not Inn at Loreto Bay).
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 10:28 AM

Hotel Gardenias in la Paz

nothing fancy but clean and has a pool. priced reasonable and just a few blocks off the Malicon.

Try the Little Bismark on the Malicon for Calso de Mariscos!! yum, yum.

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2006 at 01:11 PM

I'd check out Cielito Lindo in San Quintin. More "cool baja types" then the snobby dudes I saw at the Old Mill. The La Perla is very nice in La Paz but a little pricey. In Mulege I would stay most places downtown but stay away from Serenidad (crappy food).
Bien Viaje
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2006 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
I'd check out Cielito Lindo in San Quintin. More "cool baja types" then the snobby dudes I saw at the Old Mill.

"More cool types"= drunks at the bar

Therianthropic
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-12-2006 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Supino
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
I'd check out Cielito Lindo in San Quintin. More "cool baja types" then the snobby dudes I saw at the Old Mill.

"More cool types"= drunks at the bar

I think being drunk is mandatory for being able to stand the rooms, maybe.....

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2006 at 06:54 AM
Less than an hour south of San Quintin

In El Rosario, is the Baja Cactus Motel - Just south of the gasoline station - in fact right next to it. You can make reservations if your plans get you there on Friday nite or Sat nite -

Do a search here for BajaCactus Motel and you'll find the contact number.

John M

[Edited on 12-13-2006 by John M]
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2006 at 07:02 AM
Another quaint option...

The little cabins at Rancho Santa Ynez. This is just south of Catavina, 2 1/2 hours south of San Quintin. There is a big La Pinta hotel in Catavina but Santa Ynes is a mile or so further south, and turn left down a long driveway. Not many amenities but really cool.

John M

[Edited on 12-13-2006 by John M]
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 12-13-2006 at 08:14 AM
Holiday Travel

Some popular places get filled up during the holidays... I know Loreto is prety filled up.... You may want to check on availibility ahead of time for a few places...

Have a good trip!
djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2006 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
For San Quintin I would recommend the Old Mill, quiet, clean, reasonable rates and a nice place on the bay. Try to get one of the newer rooms with the fireplace.

[Edited on 12-8-2006 by bajaguy]

Drove my RV down once and had a great time. The down side was the very rutted road that shook everything to pieces. But it was still fun.

Also, tried to time Winter storms once going down, turned down the Old Mill road, and immediately saw there was water on the road as far as I could see. It was tough turning around.

:cool:

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.