Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Dia de Reyes toy drive jan 06
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-25-2006 at 04:50 PM
disclaimer

The first annual Baja Nomad Toy Drive to be held on January 06, 2007 is an idea that came about from a conversation with Myself and Doug last month about the posibility of doing a toy drive and making some very needy children happy by providing them a present that otherwise they would not get for this holiday season because of financial or social circunstances. The first idea was to go to tecate were the new casa Esperanza is being built to house needy familys and or orphan children and with that trip we were going to take you, the participants on a side tour to wine counrty in valle de Guadalupe.
Weather has been very cold and tecate is in the higher altitudes so we decided a couple of weeks ago to just do everything in Tijuana. With nthat in mind I decided to start looking into getting a museum tour for CECUT, a visit to the historical society and comand center and I am still trying for Cetto or TJ beer, all this to show owr appreciation for those of you that participate and at a cost of 1 or more presents only, no money for bus or food involved. the reason for posting a banc account number inj Mexico, is because some nomads in mexico asked for an account or Ensenada address, that I have also posted. I do not have a US bank account to post as of yet.
So why a disclaimer?
Well, on November 4th I was with the Vivabajacactus by the city tour and I really enjoyed the places we visited and I admire the work Antonio and david did to put it together. This is not a copy of that, this is just a way to thank those that participate in this toy drive and these are things that I have been able to get without any cost, even the bus and tamales will be free and if we need more, better.
Sorry to bug you all with this but I was concerned that it might seem like a copy. If all goes good and we are successful with this toy drive, then next year will be planned with more time.
saludos, Merry Christmas and back to the toys

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2006 at 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco

Fern, what are the hours of operation at the above address or phone #. We can not make it on the 6th, but we want to drop some stuff by in Chula Vista next week.

Thanks for all your efforts!!

Merry Christmas!

Sorry, just got back, her phone # is (619) 585-3511 and will be open this week Tuesday - Saturday all day.
saludos y feliz navidad

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2006 at 04:49 PM

Buenos tardes Ferna ..

The sleigh has been loaded. Pop & Consuelo will be at Lillianas store tomorrow (Wed) at approx 11am. They look forward to meeting you!

Thank you for doing this .. ding ding ding ...

Peace & Happiness from Team CABO MAGIC in Cabo San Lucas
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2006 at 07:40 PM

Thanks Lori and team Cabo Magic, I'll be there at that time,
Have a great New Year.

[Edited on 12-27-2006 by fdt]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 09:32 AM

It all sounds wonderful Ferna...

How about it Nomads...? Buy a toy (or two) and get a fun tour of Tijuana for free!

Let's support Fernando as much as we can...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It all sounds wonderful Ferna...

How about it Nomads...? Buy a toy (or two) and get a fun tour of Tijuana for free!

Let's support Fernando as much as we can...

Dropped off toys yesterday. Would love to make it on the 6th, but not sure my knee is up to it yet.

We have already decided what we are going to do next year. We certainly are not rich, but we have what we need and want. Thus, we can just hear the conversation at our adult children's homes every year. "Oh gees, what can we get them this year for Christmas?" And the check that my elderly mother-in-law always sends that usually just goes into the checking account.

Next year, we will ask them to give us toys. We have done similar things in the past----so just a suggestion for you really hard to buy for sorts---toys may be the answer; toys for Fernando.

Happy New Year to all
Diane

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 10:27 AM
Thank you

Thanks JD for the toys, Thanks David k for the help and support, on our way right now to meet with Team Cabo Magic representatives that should arrive arround 11AM with their sleigh/panga ;D with presents for the kids

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
We certainly are not rich, but we have what we need and want.

As a note, we are not rich either and some times we really strugle to make it, but when you see these kids and know about their needs, you realize how much you have and take for granted

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrottertoys may be the answer; toys for Fernando.

Diane

Remember they are not for Fernando or I would have given you my personal bank info and home address. These toys are from Baja Nomads and that is what the people helping me know, what the kids will know and what we all will know.
Without you guys we could not do this. And most of all I thank Mr. Baja Nomad for allowing me the opportunity to represent you all.

Ok now there is only a 70 car wait, gotta go

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 11:09 AM
Yikes!

Quote:

Remember they are not for Fernando or I would have given you my personal bank info and home address. These toys are from Baja Nomads and that is what the people helping me know, what the kids will know and what we all will know.

I am really sorry---I forget that things written don't often translate with the meaning and feeling behind the statement. I only referred to you as you are the contact person, and are the one working so hard to make it all happen. My sincere apologies for the way it read.

Hope you make it over the border with little wait time.

Diane

sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 05:39 PM
fdt

mil gracias. we'll deposit into account on saturday.

dtrotter. great idea for next xmas!!!!

feliz aņo, all you nomads:yes:

lili
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 09:02 PM

Seņor fdt, thank you for your efforts on behalf of the children.

We know Saturday will be memorable.

M&B

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 09:33 AM

Thanks bajasammy, elgatoloco, Oso, Roberto, Jdtrotter, CaboMagic, Sylens, anonimous with the bikes and others that have contributed so generously. And of course Mr. BajaNomad.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 09:37 AM
Attention Nomads

It's getting down to the wire for the day trip part(FUN) of this toy drive, I will need to have a head count by next Tuesday, Jan 02 for the bus and tour and the tamale lady. Could those of you attending please U2U me.

BajaSedoso
Junior Nomad

Mood: Dreaming of Baja

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 02:21 PM

Hello Ferna,
thank you so much for organizing the toy drive. I will not be able to participate in the TJ tour but I will be dropping off some toys at Miscellaneous Plus in Chula Vista tomorrow. I am sure it will be a wonderful event!
Silke
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 02:26 PM

Thank you BajaSedoso and thanks M, the cyberhug lady ;D

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 02:36 PM

Gracias amigo grover

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2007 at 09:29 AM
Don't forget

I will need to know all that will be attending the toy drive soon, so the tamale lady can prepare.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2007 at 10:01 AM

Ferna, if people aren't going on the fabulous free tour you are providing can they BRING toys to the address you posted as well as mailing them?

TO HERE?:

If you cant make the trip

US address were you can send your gifts to;
Baja Nomad Toy Drive
c/o Fernando Garcia
1655 Broadway, Suite 10
Chula Vista, CA 91911

The name of the business is Miscellaneous and it is located on Broadway, between Main and Anita street in Chula Vista if you would like to personaly take your gift (s) in, ask for Ms. Liliana Prieto.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2007 at 06:13 PM

Today (Tue.), Baja Angel and I dropped some items off at 'Miscellaneous' in Chula Vista... in case we don't make Saturday's fun event.

That store is very easy to get to from I-5, just exit Main Street and head east to Broadway, turn north and enter the parking lot of the strip mall, on your right.

One exit north of Main on I-5 is 'Palomar', and there is a Target store at Palomar and Broadway as they have a large selection of possibilities for the kids...

Ford
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2007 at 11:47 PM

I am in NorCal and would like to get some toys to you. When would be the last day I could get them to you? Is Friday OK?
Thanks,
Ford

[Edited on 1-3-2007 by Ford]
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.