Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BAHIA ASUNCION!! Part 2
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2006 at 06:53 PM
BAHIA ASUNCION!! Part 2

We had arrived on Thursday afternoon. Our first order of business was to call on Baja Nomad Shari. Driving down the
road headed for the coast we spot a couple walking. We called out and asked if they could tell us where Shari and Juan lived. We were immediately directed to chez Shari.
I love it in baja where you could have an address that is
domecilio conecido XXXX. Upon reaching casa Shari we were warmly greeted by a very friendly Juan. He says that Shari is in G. Negro at the moment picking up her vehicle from the mechanic. She should be back in a few hours. In the mean time We were offered a much needed beer by Juan
We had a nice chat as we looked around the point. Juan is truly as nice a person as your bound to meet in Baja or anywhere else for that matter. Half way through our beer Shari calls on the phone. Juan hands the phone over after talking to Shari. So now I have the chance to hear the voice behind the posts that I have been reading while at home.
Well I can tell you that Shari sounds like she is excited about life! Real energetic. I tell her that we were looking to rent out a panga for a day or two and if she could recommend
someone. As it turned out Juan was going to be busy for the next few days and could not take us out. She was however able to arrange for Juans friend, Manuel to take us out the next morning. After I get off the phone with Shari Juan offers
to take us out to see the beach house that he is working on.
We say lets go. We are folowing Juan down streets with names like Almeja, Caracol etc. and notice that most every intersection has a sign that says S/N. When we arrive at the
beach house I had to ask Juan what does S/N stand for?
Why so many? He said ,simply put it stands for SIN NOMBRE
or without name. Well folks looks like this place ran out of
the more typical names seen in most of the other towns.
I think that the town should auction off a chance to put your
name up on a street sign in Bahia Asuncion. Calle Nomad for instance. The beach house is a wonderful work in progress that is rapidly nearing completion. Well situated it promises to be a very cozy and comfortable place to stay when it is finsihed. I know that I will try it the next time I am in town as
it will be better than the motel. We complemented Juan on
all his hard work. We said adios to Juan and that we figured to see Shari later on.
We were tired and it was getting late so we checked into the motel Verduzgo in town.We
proceeded to the restaurante next door. The menu was
typical baja. I had the bisteck ranchero, my friend had the machaca with papas. We were served up slices of fresh
ranch chease from Santa Rosalia, with very flavourful chile sauce served on the side. Warm tortillas of course.
After our meals, it was off to the little store next door to
stock up on drinks for the next days fishing. We tried to phone Shari as we were not clear as to to the time of departure, but we got no answer. No matter we thought,
we will just make our way down to her house early the next
morning. Well we did not count on the sleep of the dead that
overcame us that night.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.