BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MERRY CHRISTMAS
RetiredUSAF

thumbup.gif posted on 12-21-2006 at 01:41 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS

:saint:Hola Amigos. Just want to say Felize Navidad!. Practicing my Spanish. I really enjoy this site. We plan to move to the BAJA in the near future. Everybody have a safe holiday.

Bob and Yolanda
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 02:07 PM

Felize Navidad, to you and yours as well, and to everyone else on the site!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 06:43 PM

Merry Christmas to you too... and welcome to Baja Nomad!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

aquaholic
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 06:56 PM

...we will spend this Christmas in the cool northland, but will be thinking of the great holidays we've spent in Baja...Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2006 at 07:36 PM

The northland at Christmas time is a beautiful thing to behold, but Baja is not that bad during this Yuletide season, either. We used to decorate our tree (bush) with seashells.

Si, Merry 'Christmas' to all, and to all... A Good Night!!!

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
bajadave1
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 05:34 AM

Speaking of which................

I just received a photo of my brother in Denver, shoveling out about 2 1/2 ft of snow.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I would much rather be sweeping a little sand here in Los Barriles.

:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-22-2006 by bajadave1]
capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 07:08 AM
All the Best to you

When people ask me when we will be moving to La Paz I tell them I'm not sure but it's something like 19 months 5 days and a wake up-- not that I'm counting. Best Wishes to You all this Joyous season. Norm

Life is too short to drink bad wine
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 09:01 AM

Felize Navidad also to you retired USAF. Though not retired from the services, I did spend most of my four years on a SAC base. That kind of life was enought for me. I got out in l958, kissing goodbye a $10,000 reup bonus. Guess it's hard to keep SAC bases filled. So big bonuses.
And to all the rest of my Baja Nomad friends, hoping you have a great holiday experience, and maybe this winter we'll be meeting for the first time. Looking forward to it. Baja bound in couple weeks. Susan & Bob. Keep the beach campfires lit, so it will be a little warmer when we get there. Phil in Loreto/Nopolo
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 09:14 AM

Wishing you and all a Merry Christmas!:spingrin:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
I got out in l958, kissing goodbye a $10,000 reup bonus. Guess it's hard to keep SAC bases filled. So big bonuses.
Phil in Loreto/Nopolo

Whoooooo, $10-grand in 1958 was a lot of money!

Merry Christmas to all Nomads! And, wishes for a fantastic New Year in 2007.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 12-22-2006 at 11:44 AM

Bob H. Yes it was. Was based on the fact that I had made E4 (staff sargent) in my third year, and was in a technical field (airborne electronics)Was one heck of a tough decision, which would have bought a new car at that time for us. But Strategic Air Command was no cup of tea. Gen Curtis LeMay was one tough cookie general with "dumb" regulations. One being I ended up with an article 13, just because one of my "linemen" left his flight jacket on the flightline, with the days frequency codes in the pocket. He spent some time in the brig. I was restricted to the base for two weeks. Still couldn't figure that one out. So figured that if the dumpkoff ended up killing someone because of his failure to 'comprehend anything', I'd probably end up with a prison term???????? I remember that incident like it was yesturday. Kid was from New York. Almost dumb as dirt. CO said that the ruling was unfair to me, but the regulations required my getting punished. So long for a career in the good ole USAF.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.