BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: alarming rumors about a big quake in Asuncion on the 28th or 29th
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
The tunnel is where the whales lay there eggs, everyone knows that.

That keeps the eggs safe from serpents eating them.

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 01:15 AM

ok so its the 28 now whats shakin??

jerry and judi
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 12:44 PM

Since it's the day of innocents...or how gullable are you day...I shouldn't write anything but I just wanted to pass on a little tidbit...we had a decent shake this morning at 7;35 that got everyone's attention indeed and I decided I should put some clothes on just in case I needed to run outside. There is a huge storm blowing since yesterday...30-40 knots of wind, clouds and squalls...very nasty indeed.
There are lots of locals here who believe this underground canal exists and has caves with air pockets so the whales can breath once in awhile. I find it interesting whenever I hear the topic raised. So tell me, is it a joke that it is snowing in LA and San diego today???

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 12:57 PM
shari....this morning on I-5 north of San Deigo

Wildlife - Buffalo 05.jpg - 43kB

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 01:02 PM

:biggrin::coolup::cool: - just heard on CNN - Pinguins turned up at the CORONADO.

burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 01:28 PM

Shari
Not sure about San Diego but I-8 was closed, in both direction, for a couple of hours last night to clear a 10 car wreck caused by ice and snow. Huge wind storm here in San Felipe as well. Couldn't hardly see across the corral.
Also there were lots of UFO's flying around up north. Either that or a great display of the northern lights.
Also I think it's time for you to start an ECO tour business. People pay money to go to Spain to run with the bulls. Probably just as exciting as spending the night in your house.
burro bob
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 01:42 PM

There's a bunch of Whiskey Jacks and Stellar Jays hanging around the house.:) Am I their next meal?:spingrin:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
So tell me, is it a joke that it is snowing in LA and San diego today???
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20061227-1452-bn27w...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 12-29-2006 at 06:58 AM
Only a half a day left

I have been noticing that things always get a little crazy toward the end of a year.

Why just this morning I woke with the title for a new book on Baja................."Dancing Naked on the Shores of Baja........for 50 years"

Now I gotta change it to the isle of God knows what name.

Happy New Year!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::biggrin:

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2006 at 09:28 AM

late breaking news....yesterday a psychic arrived and I chatted for hours with him...a truly interesting fellow and from San Ignacio. I was pretty impressed with some of his claims but am very bummed at what he SEES here. He sees large quanitities of water seeping under this part of the heel of Baja and sees a spiderweb of small faults and several larger ones that are meeting up. With the huge water influx underneath it is weakening everything. He has studied this whole area from Guerrero Negro, Turtle bay to San Ignacio and figures it wont be long till the "heel" separates or sinks. Gulp. He sees great danger in this entire area...rats...he also figured we would have another pretty big quake today around 10:00 in the morning so I thought I'd get this out in case I'm not able to report it later...what a trooper eh! See how much I care about you Nomads being the first to know! I sure hope he's wrong but I don't think we'll be building that extra room out here for a bit. Thanks for the snow reports, I adore that cute little bison! Well, that's it for now...wish us luck and hpe to talk to ya later...

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 12-29-2006 at 09:32 AM
Shari

You are wonderful!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2006 at 09:35 AM

gracias Lencho and Bernie....but this report is flawed. It says there has been no damage to houses or public buildings....QUE? The fishing coop is totally cracking up ( our neighbour) and cracked their water sistern so we had no water for several days. Many homes have cracked cement roofs and lots of cracks throughout the houses. The church was damaged and stained windows broke. The stores lost thousands of dollars of merchandise when everything fell off the shelves. The school washrooms are very damaged and students aren't allowed in them...nor in the schools for that matter. Our home is cracked all along the foundation and along the roof beams and all four corners.Other houses have been sealed off so the families can't live in them. What I don't understand is if there is no danger, why can't people go in these public buildings. The other strange thing is that when the scientists showed up they said they were going to set up an exhibition of maps and information...never happened. I asked at the 2nd public meeting and they said Oh yes, we will have the maps set up...tomorrow...uh huh. Could it be as the psychic guy said that perhaps they don't want to show us the extent of the faults here so as not to alarm the locals??? With all the activity, do more faults open up? From the beginning I felt they were going a bit overboard on the "Don't worry...no problem, everything is just tickity doo" crap. Of course we all want to believe this and I sure hope they're right but many have this sneaky suspicion that there is more to this than they are telling us (which is very little) OK, so they identified the fault to be right under our house...I could have told them that long ago! But it seems there are several other areas s well. As the fellow said, the authorities never tell you till it's too late...as they don't want to cause panic. I sure would like to see some of those maps! Absolutely no quakes in the day yesterday and none yet today...stay tuned amigos!

Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 12-31-2006 at 06:54 AM

Shari. Was your psychic from Seattle? If so, is his name Kewaunee Lapseritis? He's been pretty accurate in the past years. He has many hits on google. If not that's o.k. too. Hope everything settles down, and it gets forgotten in a few months. Also, hope your home can be repaired with minimal peso's. I still picture you "rockin & rollin' in your outhouse!!!!!
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 12-31-2006 at 02:21 PM
Isla de la California and Isla de la Baja Califonia...

...I kinda like the ring to it!

The value of my boat will hit an all time high!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2006 at 03:11 PM

the psychic was a fellow from San Ignacio...low key kinda guy...and last night we starting at 8:30 we had several hours of small quakes about every half hour all night. Had me kind of worried but today was a gorgeous hot day, the guys went diving on the wreck at San Roque and got lots of fish and the girls went snorkeling with the sea lions which they loved. I'm gonna do some investigating into the idea of sea water seeping under this area...today I heard from a farmer in Vizcaino that there is a serious problem there....that their water is turning brackish all of a sudden...not good for a huge agricultural area but fits with what the psychic saw here.hmmm anyway...a very happy new year to you all and I hope the hangovers aren't too harsh....see ya next year everybody!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.