BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How long is drive fr. Baja Cactus Motel to San Ignacio?
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 10:04 PM
How long is drive fr. Baja Cactus Motel to San Ignacio?

Hubby, dtr and dogs planning their drive. How long will it take them to drive from Baja Cactus Motel to San Ignacio? Would they have time to do a side trip to see the whales in Guerro Negro? (should they stay overnight in GN) Next stop they are planning is Loreto.
The VW Westie will be packed to the rafters, there will not be any speeding...thank God they will be going down that hill to Santa Roasalia!!!:yes:

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2006 at 10:09 PM
6 hours will get you there, Marie-Rose

From Baja Cactus to San Ignacio, that is....it's 312 miles...as for side trips, hey, that's what Baja is all about.

If whale watching out of Guerrero Negro, I recommend staying at Malarrimos Motel...they can provide tours, lodging, meals, lunches, etc. Have a good trip!

That unnerving hill just north of Santa Rosalia is called El Diablo for good reasons! There have been many mishaps on that steep grade.

Loreto....I don't have a clue anymore..it has grown by leaps and bounds!

[Edited on 12-28-2006 by Summanus]

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 08:38 AM

Marie Rose

If you really only drive the posted limits, that drive is at least 8 hours, maybe 9, and leaves no time for side trips, unless you make it an overnighter. Of course,driving the limit with 18 wheelers on your burro will change your mind rapidly. Much safer to go with the flow. Speaking with loads of experience and zillion different vehicles.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 08:51 AM

I have found that if you use 50 mph as an average drive speed between destinations (includes stops), it works out very well... So, 300 miles would be 6 hours. Now, that's in my truck not towing and driving like I want to get somewhere! But, you do know I stop and take pictures, GPS readings, eat, and the other things too like checkpoints!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

aha baja
Nomad

Mood: wherever you go, there you are...

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 09:20 AM

?posted speeed?..... batges!........ BATGES!!.......... WE DON NEED NO STINKIN' BATGES!!!:lol::bounce::lol:

[Edited on 01-19-2004 by aha baja]
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 09:34 AM

OK, so Baja Cactus Motel to Guerro Negro to see the whales... so then how long is the drive to Loreto? I would imagine San Ignacio is only a few hours?
We have never stayed overnight in Mulege... does anyone know of anywhere that has secure parking and will allow dogs?

maybe!
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 09:14 PM

Sorry, just needed to bring this back to the top cause I am still wondering about accomodation in Mulege?????:?:

maybe!
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2006 at 09:50 PM

Serenidad allows dogs and has secure parking.
Maybe you can park next to Mikes trailer ??
There are other places in town but I don't think with secure parking.

Depending on the speed you drive, GN to Mulege is about 3 1/2 hours and another 2 hours to Loreto. I'd plan to stay in Mulege overnight then spend part of a day at a conception beach on the way to Loreto.
Relax and enjoy !!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.