BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Escalera Nautica....(again)...
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 08:55 AM
Escalera Nautica....(again)...

Returned from my X-mas trip where I went by the E.N. built in Santa Rosalillita....went there last year same time....well not a thing has changed...road is the same ...piles of dirt have not been moved...ZERO....the only change has been that all the construction equiptment has been removed from the beach work area...just a fence and a sign left....weeds taking over again....was a good sight overall...still don't see how they could build anything with that old rusted 1940's construction equip....wonder where they went to?...
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 09:50 AM
Good news indeed!

Are you saying they didn't even finish the grading and jetties at Santa Rosalillita?
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 10:14 AM

Well, looks like the jetties are finished but no change since last year....the road in hasn't had a thing done to it at all....same piles of dirt in the same places....just looks like they came in one day and took all their stuff away and never came back...UFO abduction maybe...:tumble:
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 10:23 AM
Rumor has it..

That they are now focusing on the area between Puerto Escondido and Cabo. They are in P.E. now and building moorings and slips for boats. They were actually working, and we saw some of the moorings that were already built.Some rather large machinery there also. Yep, even a brand new sign,which is always the first thing to go up and often the only thing. Sorry to say, the "Nauties" are still trying to make a go of it.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 01:17 PM

Hello Sally and all Posters.
I am gald to hear that the "Nauties" have move on. Did they move down close to compete with Loreto Bay?

I for one do not hink it will go any where as the Doctors's Point thing 35 years ago.,Nopollo,, Presidente all will dry up and blow away except for a few hanger ons.Sally I hear that there are several places and boats for Sale.What goes? Are people leaving the Trailer Park?
Skeet/Loreto
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 08:21 AM

Hi
I'v just signed up whats a Nautie? and are they realy working in P.E. again? My boats in La Paz and I want to bring it up.
I'll be driving down next week ant but what the heck thought I'd ask here Thanks
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 10:03 AM
"Nautie"

was used to describe the people promoting and working on the "Escalara Nautica" project of building 130 marinas around the entire Baja peninsula.
There were a lot of boats at P.Escondido when I was there about a month ago. I didn't see any new construction going on but have read that there is now.
Someone will know more recent info. regarding taking your boat up but I doubt there will be any problem mooring there.

It's time for a return to Addams Family values!
strgnff

[*] posted on 1-5-2004 at 11:42 AM
Got surf?

Hey Surfer Jim: Did you get any surf? Where and when did you ride? I've caught waves at Lobo and Cardon in the past, but lately the trips have been to areas north. If you see a white 4Runner, say hello.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2004 at 01:00 PM

Went to Cordon...got there Tuesday at 8 AM...4-6+ that day ...Tuesday smaller 3-5...bumpy...Thursday(X-mas)...mostly small knee-waist high....left Friday 9 A.M....went to BOLA for the weekend...
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 06:34 AM

Thanks ski.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.