Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Do I need an Attorney, accountant etc
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 01:52 PM
Do I need an Attorney, accountant etc

I saw a some nice lots for sale on the internet at Punta Chavito.
Do I really need an Attorney, Accountant, and a Bank Officer to buy a piece of beachfront land in Mexico.
I am in Arizona and would like to retire there soon.
I need some advice.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 02:27 PM
Yes, all of the above

Do a web search about what happened at Punta Banda... property is tricky....even a Mexican National can have problems..

Wise wisdom says, (if American) don't invest more than you can afford to walk away from. Talk to Capt. Mike, I think he knows more about this venture. I know nothing, I'm just talking in general.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-3-2004 at 10:41 PM

That's what we in Punda Bandos did, and look what happened. We even had the indorsement of the Mexican Government. Like the Wize Man said," buyer beware." And the other guy don't put out more money than you can afford to loose. Many Americans and Canadians have lost their entire investments in Baja. With the help of the Mexican courts, I might add.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 06:22 AM

Skeet is right, you do need an attorney with your inital purchase.

You do need to pay your taxes each year.

The bank is used if you get a trust and an accountant if you hold title with a mexican corporation....Our accountant in Mulege does the taxes for the Real family hotels.
http://www.despachocontable.com

If you can get title insurance - buy it. Annymous is right....invest only what you could lose but if you fight you can keep it.

Follow ALL the rules or you are at risk.

You can follow our 5 year progress saga at:
http://mulege.org

Good luck..."if you never buy a lottery ticket you can NEVER win."
:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 11:21 AM

here's a link to an article on punta banda. I don't think anon above knows what he was talking about.

http://www.baja.net/articles/puntabanda.html
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 11:53 AM
Actual facts

Thanks for that article. Finally I read something 100% correct about Baja.

It's time for a return to Addams Family values!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 04:16 PM
baja land

Thanks, anonymous, for that info on land leases, etc. Very helpful!

- bajalera
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 05:31 PM

Anon, Does know what she is talking about. The person you refer to admitted he made his first purchase of property six and a half years ago. The Punta Bandos nightmare started thirteen years ago and nine years later the majority of home owners were evicted with no other place to go. I might also add, again... This all started with the approovel and endorsment of the Mexican Gov. They made promises to the investers that they had no intention of keeping once the money was spent and the properties were developed. Hell,one of the original land leasees was a high ranking official in the first Bush adminastrations, and if they don't mind srcewing him, why would they stop at anyone else.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-5-2004 at 09:50 AM
Buying land in good 'OL Mexico

Along with an attorney you may need an AK 47 when they come to evict you from your home just like Hitler did to the Jews.The Mexicans have no sense of morality.That's the beauity of being Catholic.I can royally screw you one day and confess that afternoon and everything is cool.Thievery is the national sport.Brother against brother.They would steal from their own mothers.I've seen them do it.They steal each others babies in the narco wars.Don't trust any of them.This is the truth.Anyone who doesn't see this is in denial.Nepotism, human rights abuses and government corruption is just a starting point.This is why it is still and will always be a third world country.Enjoy your visit .Just don't buy anything.It will be interesting to see the replys on this post.At least I'm not lying to myself.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2004 at 09:56 AM
hahahahahaha

:lol::lol::lol:

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2004 at 10:03 AM
Catholicism

"That's the beauity of being Catholic.I can royally screw you one day and confess that afternoon and everything is cool."
This seems to work pretty well for more than just the Mexican Catholics. The Irish, not being third world have perfected what you said in your quote and the rest are just trying to keep up with them.:lol:

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-6-2004 at 11:06 AM

Excuse me Rick Sieman, You need to go back and do some more home work on the Punta Banda issue. Many of the later developments did aquire Bank trusts. These were also voided by the Mexican courts. They weren't worth the paper they were written on.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-6-2004 at 12:03 PM
Bank Trust

Amen.Many did have bank trusts but ended up losing their homes. I think ski baja is as misinformed as anyone and seems a little self rightous at the same time.********Adios.Hyme

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by BajaNomad]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-6-2004 at 05:57 PM

All the Mx government did was reverse what was a previous wrong. When the rightful owner came forward the courts had no choice but to return ownership to the party with the most valid claim. It is a shame the people lost out and lives were affected, but there was no actual malace intended by anyone. That includes the people who originally leased the land to the homebuilders, the people that subsequently ended up with the land now, or the Mx government. To claim otherwise is misleading and plain wrong.

Not to mention. It was never in question, that anyone who did even the slightest bit of due diligance would have found out that the title to the land was in question from the begining of development at punta estero. That leads me to say the people who lost out don't have anyone to blame but themselves.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-6-2004 at 09:54 PM

When the Mx Gov. puts it's own stamp of approval on the leases to foriegners, it would appear to lend creedance to the investers arguement about the validity of those leases. After all, we are not talking about a hand full of people, but hundreds. When this takeover occured the home owners were not to concerned about who the paid their lease money, they juat wanted to keep their homes.
Only the Cardoza sisters would honor the wishes of the home owners on their land. Malmude and the other buttcrack evicted everybody on their land. But because of NAFTA rules they can't do anything until a court (other than a mexican court) decides the disposition.
Like the man said "buyer beware" in Mexico. Many have been lucky so far and many have not. To blame this all on the investors is a joke.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 10:06 AM

Regardless of bank trust OR assurances from ANYONE if you don't have clear title it doesn't mean S**t. Believe it or not this happens in the States. Their is NO way to assure 100% clear title. That is what title insurance is for. It IS available in Mexico. If I couldn't get it, that would be my first and last clue.

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Dave]

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Dave]

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous Like the man said "buyer beware" in Mexico. Many have been lucky so far and many have not. To blame this all on the investors is a joke.

Your sanity, Illustrated by this quote, obviously elludes you.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-7-2004 at 01:11 PM

You might read all post leading to the quote. It might clear the fog.
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2004 at 09:19 AM

Hyme, the way it works here, one may make any outrageous statement on any subject his demented mind is capable of conjuring. That goes under the concept freedom of expression. Having done so, he is protected against slams by the rule barring direct attacks. After all, by definition a kook is basically harmless, after all. Just funny as all hell.
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 1-12-2004 at 11:25 AM
getting back to your question

You can not BUY beachfront land in Baja...if you want to find out what is going on then take these steps:
1.www.stewart.com
2.hit Please Select
3.hit Intenational
4.hit Buying Real Estate in Mexico
5.hit Other Articles of Intrest
6.hit The Real Cost of Paradise

there are other articles on this site that guide you through leasing land in Mexico...good luck:o

I hear the whales song
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.