BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Robbie posts a big win today!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 05:16 PM
Robbie posts a big win today!

Gordon wins stage six of Dakar Rally
SCENEDAILY - 2:21PM ET THURSDAY JANUARY 11, 2007 -
NASCAR Nextel Cup owner/driver Robby Gordon and teammate Andy Grider won the sixth stage of the Dakar Rally in Africa today.

Gordon drove his Hummer to a 17-second victory over former Dakar champion Jean-Louis Schlesser of France and teammate Arnaud Debron.

The performance vaulted Gordon through the standings to 19th overall. His team trails the leaders by 3 hours and 49 minutes with nine stages remaining in the off-road race that runs from Portugal to Dakar, Senegal.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 05:33 PM

Great...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 05:36 PM

Thanks for the update. Just and FYI the VS channel does a daily half hour dakar show at 12 noon pst. Can't wait for tomorrow when those pompous Euros have to say Robbie won a stag.. The longest of the entire race I might add.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 07:36 PM

Outstanding, Go Robby and Andy.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 1-11-2007 at 07:41 PM

Kudos to the real "Robbie" and opportunity to those who may be mistaken for such???:lol:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 1-12-2007 at 09:12 AM

Robbie may be struggling in NASCAR, but he is one of my favorite drivers. Have many signature items, he tries hard to make his fans happy....unlike some of my other favorites.:?:
GO Robbie and Andy:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 1-12-2007 at 09:24 AM
Robby Gordon wins sixth stage of Dakar Rally

01/12/2007
Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly
ZOUERAT, Mauritania (AP) -- American Robby Gordon won the sixth stage of the Dakar Rally yesterday.

The Hummer driver completed the 245-mile stage in 2 hours, 58 minutes, 57 seconds, going from Tan-Tan, Morocco to Zouerat, Mauritania.

Advertisement

Former Dakar winner and Schles-Ford-Raid driver Jean-Louis Schlesser trailed Gordon by 17 seconds. South Africa’s Giniel de Villiers came in third for Volkswagen, 6:52 behind Gordon.

Spanish driver and former world rally champion Carlos Sainz was fourth, 7:17 behind, and kept the overall lead with nine stages left.

Volkswagen continued to hold the top three spots with de Villiers second and Portugal’s Carlos Sousa third.

Gordon is 18th overall.

Meanwhile, the Vatican newspaper Osservatore Romano criticized the Dakar Rally as "a bloody race of irresponsibility’’ after a motorcyclist died in a crash.

Elmer Symons died Tuesday, the latest in a string of casualties that have plagued the race. The newspaper, which has criticized the race for years, said in Thursday editions that Symons was its 54th victim.

Today, the rally travels 337 miles through the desert to Atar, Mauritania.

Ferrari announces new sponsor

MARANELLO, Italy -- Ferrari’s Formula One team announced a three-year sponsorship agreement with an investment company owned by the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.

The logo for the Mubadala Development Company will be displayed on Ferrari’s cars and the caps worn by the team’s drivers, Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa.

Financial terms were not disclosed for the agreement, which started Jan. 1. In July 2005, Mubadala purchased a 5 percent stake in Ferrari from Mediobanca of Italy.

Earlier this week, Ron Dennis sold half of his 30 percent stake in the McLaren team to a company owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain.

The 2007 F1 season starts with the Australian GP on March 18.

[Edited on 1-12-2007 by Bruce R Leech]

Attachment: news_story.htm (25kB)
This file has been downloaded 714 times

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

SoCalAl
Nomad

Mood: Hungry

[*] posted on 1-12-2007 at 10:11 AM

Hello Momads,
The following link provides some footage.. I don't know if the link will be hyperlinked but here is the web address...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obasUWrOurI&mode=related&...

SoCalAl

Ahh Baja.... Where you can hear yourself think & commingling with the locals will humble you.
Bajalover
Nomad

Mood: Strongly - Missing Baja

[*] posted on 1-12-2007 at 10:14 AM

Bruce - great overview of both Dakar and F1. Both are at the top of my sports list. Hope Gordon does well this year. Enjoy watching him in the Baja and Dakar. It's too bad VS channel doesn't show more of the Dakar. The website also only give min information.
Well !!! Hoping to spend a couple of weeks in Baja next month (after dentist visit).

Sometimes you really do question; why you are and where you are.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 1-15-2007 at 12:59 PM

This link is updated everyday.

http://www.robbygordon.com/

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
This link is updated everyday.

http://www.robbygordon.com/

Finally got a chance to catch up on the action. Lots of great video footage and updates. Micron is doing a great job. Robbies quote " we just went half, three quarter throttle the whole stage". New found maturity?? Turn up the speakers on your puters and enjoy the new LS7!!! What fun!

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
Geronimo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2007 at 11:30 AM

Ding Dong the Dakar is Done. I can return to my usual sleep paterns. Chris Blais in 3rd for the Bikes, Ralley Raid Mexico (Cobo) in 53rd.

Mark Miller in 4th, Robbie Gordon in 8th, Peterson/white in 23rd.

A good learning year for the Americans and I can't wait for next year.

\"The only cure is to be perpetually South Bound\"
~Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers from the song Mexicosis

Geronimo
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 1-21-2007 at 05:09 PM
Robby said...

...that finishing in the 'Top 10' would be considered a success! 8th ain't bad!

That's one nasty race on machinery! I can only imagine the BIG bucks it takes to compete there! Did you notice all the private planes in one of those video shots - that's truly a rich man's 'sport'! All the support needed to run a machine over 6,000 miles, in some of the most remote terrain on the planet must take more big bucks, and lots and lots of planning! Wow, it'd be great 'fun' to have a 'job' like that!

Dakar.gif - 1kB

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.