Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Absolutely The Most Beautiful Beach
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 02:30 AM
san juanico

I think san juanico on the cortez side is a real jewell, that I hope will never get spoiled by the escalera nautica..... enjoy til then

san_juanico.jpg - 11kB

chsoder

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 06:31 AM

Being the name of our favorite has already been said said aloud here, I too will refer directly to it. Even though Ensenada Blanca has been sold is it still accessible this year? Anyone know the full story?
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chsoder
Being the name of our favorite has already been said said aloud here, I too will refer directly to it. Even though Ensenada Blanca has been sold is it still accessible this year? Anyone know the full story?

It's still accessible. You drive through a gaurded gateway just past the village. There are still other properties in the area so the Villains Group can't block the road. For a while the southern end of the beach, closest to the village, was fenced off "to protect sea turtles." I understand after a protest the fence was cut by govt order.

As for the fate of the village, wait and see. The developers want it removed. It certainly will be different having all the trucks, busses and workers roaring through it.:no:
bajasammy
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 08:46 AM

I also put in a vote for San Quintin. Teaching my boys to surf there last Summer - it felt like we owned the joint...

SanQSurf.jpg - 42kB
vagabond
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
"Best" can mean different things...

For me, it means sand, and lots of it! Baja has many gulf and Pacific side... Beaches free from hords of people is a plus.

Getting to in a day or less of driving (from San Diego) is also a feature I like...

On the Pacific side, Cielito Lindo (Gypsy's) south of San Quintin is one uncrowded beach:

Playa Del Oro
Awesome Dave and not even a clam digger in sight
I always like it just after daylight

On the gulf side, my vote goes for 'Shell Island' (South of San Felipe area)... Photo at low tide...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 07:21 PM

Yup, ain't it great!

Baja Angel is looking at the sand dollars... later that day we were on Shell Island with it's different sand dollars!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
San Francisquito has got to be in here somewhere:

We drove out to San Francisquito at the end of August.
Maybe we made a wrong turn.
We wound up a a military encampment at a small cove; appearantly north of San Fancisquito.
What did we miss? Wrong turn? Please advise.

[Edited on 1-20-2007 by Mike Supino]

Therianthropic
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 08:48 PM

Hi Mike...

Click on this link to Google Satellite Images and see the San Francisquito airstrip in the center between the cove to the north (Caleta San Francisquito, off Bahia San Francisquito) and that wide sand beach to the south, facing south.

The fly in resort is on that wide beach at the south end of the airstrip.

The fishing (military?) camp is on the cove to the north.

The road to the resort splits off the cove road at the north end of the airstrip and runs along the airstrip to the resort 'Punta San Francisquito'.

LOOK: San Francisquito

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 09:55 PM

If I did not consider all but one of you my distant friends I would lie...but...not being my style and having visited almost all of those great ones shared...it is Punta Final/Gonzaga Bay for me.

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2007 at 12:17 AM
Roosters at Calamajue

025_22.jpg - 44kB
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2007 at 01:16 AM

Awesome Joe!

Tim, yes Punta Final has a nice beach... I like all of the Gonzaga beaches!

baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

thumbup.gif posted on 1-20-2007 at 05:22 AM
Roosters at first light

So much for no roosters in Baja norte:lol:.....I remember seeing this the first time Joe and thinking he really lucked out on the timing on that shot!
BAITCAST
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.