BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ferry Questions: La Paz- Topo
Waynester

[*] posted on 1-12-2007 at 10:56 PM
Ferry Questions: La Paz- Topo

Hello: I've been searching for a current Ferry schedule but I can't seem to find the current information. The website www.bajaferries.com doesn't seem to be working . Can someone please verify this next question for me?

I believe that the Ferry departs La Paz at 3pm and takes roughly 5 hours. True or not?

I am not taking a vehicle, can you tell me when I need to arrive at the terminal and if I need reservations or not.

Side Note: I need to take a bus up to Guaymas ASAP. I am assuming that it will be easy to arrange this upon arrival at Topolabombo.

Thank you for any information provided. Adios, Wayne.
hookemup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2007 at 12:23 PM

As it happens we were just in San Jose yesterday and stopped by the ferry office. Departs La Paz at 3pm. Yes .
About 5 hr. trip Yes. Get there two hrs. before if no vehicle.
sunslim

[*] posted on 1-13-2007 at 05:35 PM
Ferry

The ferry actually takes a bit longer-more like 7 hours. The last time I took it arrived at 10 but it takes another 1/2 hour to pick up your luggage. You won't be able to get far that night. There is a decent motel close to the ferry. You can catch a bus into Los Mochis in the morning.
Quote:
Originally posted by hookemup
As it happens we were just in San Jose yesterday and stopped by the ferry office. Departs La Paz at 3pm. Yes .
About 5 hr. trip Yes. Get there two hrs. before if no vehicle.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-13-2007 at 05:54 PM

I hope your not expecting to leave in the next couple of days, because they are now reinforcing the bow to break through the ice.:tumble::tumble::tumble:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2007 at 10:35 PM

No need to worry about ice. Global worming will melt it soon enough :lol::spingrin:
Hey is it snowing in TJ ?:tumble:
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2007 at 10:37 PM

What is the cost to take a car on that ferry
sunslim

[*] posted on 1-14-2007 at 12:29 PM
Ferry

Last year it was $970 pesos.
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDanD
sunslim

[*] posted on 1-14-2007 at 12:35 PM
Ferry

I just checked their website it is now $1,000 pesos. Of course this is one way and is just for the vehicle. Add another $680 pesos per adult. The latter includes a meal.
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDanD
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2007 at 02:16 PM

Actually that is not so bad...the last time we took the ferry from Mazatlan to La Paz with a vehicle was in 1979. Vehicle & ourselves with 'stateroom' was around $65-$70 USD total..not a huge increase for a span of 28 years.

Of course, if it was windy and rolling..which it was most of the time... the smell was so bad below decks that you never would sleep in the rooms anyway. ;D

We always took sleeping bags aboard and laid out under the stars on the upper deck. Good times!
sunslim

[*] posted on 1-14-2007 at 02:51 PM
Ferry

Quote:
We were talking about the La Paz to Topolobampo ferry. The La Paz to Mazatlan is quite a bit longer trip so more expensive. It is $2,000 pesos for a car and $770 per person.
quote]Originally posted by Summanus
Actually that is not so bad...the last time we took the ferry from Mazatlan to La Paz with a vehicle was in 1979. Vehicle & ourselves with 'stateroom' was around $65-$70 USD total..not a huge increase for a span of 28 years.

Of course, if it was windy and rolling..which it was most of the time... the smell was so bad below decks that you never would sleep in the rooms anyway. ;D

We always took sleeping bags aboard and laid out under the stars on the upper deck. Good times!
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2007 at 02:56 PM

ah..I see my mistake, thanks, sunslim.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.