Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: la bay land sale
pisco

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 09:28 PM
la bay land sale

We have heard lots of rumors about a proposed land sale of the entire bay. We have been told than an American investor has offered each of the ejido owners 17 million for all of their land, including beach front. People in town seem to feel that this is a real possibility. Does anyone have reliable info on this topic? We have leased land there for many, many years, and have built a home. All things are impermanent, especially in Baja, but we'd hate to have to leave!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 09:31 PM

That rumor turned out to be false... or at least one like it... Check the search engine here on Nomad for past reports ...

We have many friends who have homes on the bay and they are not worried, last I heard.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 09:37 PM

The only light I can shed on this story/rumor is that there has been an offer for Ejido land. The offer did not include Colonial land. From what I can ascertain the investor is interested in the large deposits of Granite, Onyx and Marble. This has been an ongoing discussion. The last I heard the investor was supposed to make a good faith deposit, but has not , as of January 3rd. The land in and around Gecko is not included in the offer.

Bedman
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 09:39 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=20956#pid1856...

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 06:01 AM

i'd like to see a LARGE development with airport improvements, power, marina and lot sales, home sales.

close to home and a great spot - heck with power and summer AC i'd even use my place then!

well this should pee a lot of the no growthers off here! ask me if i could give a crap what they think! :moon:who cares??:bounce::bounce::biggrin::biggrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 07:28 AM

the last discussion i had with the gas station owner(casa de sole)was that the offer did not go through and is a dead deal. the offer came from a wealthy texas familly(buisness) who would not come up with a good faith down payment(as bedman stated) and killed the deal. they are still working on the roads and noticed that the power poles from guerrero negro are getting close to prieta on there way to the bay.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 09:01 AM

There is something special about a town that turns off the power every night... then see all those stars!

Say goodbye to those romantic times for Bahia once it is 'on the grid'!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajalover
Nomad

Mood: Strongly - Missing Baja

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 10:48 AM

As long as beach access for parking the Coors Can and dropping a kayak in the water......Bahia can do what they like. After all it's their town not ours. We can only be happy, happier, happiest when allowed to spend time there. Electricity isn't bad .. cools the beer. Shall see all the improvements 2/22 :cool:

Sometimes you really do question; why you are and where you are.
Bajalover
Nomad

Mood: Strongly - Missing Baja

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 10:51 AM

PISCO - where did you come up with that handle. Are you Chilean? Pisco is the national drink for Chile. Originated in Peru and commercialized by Chile. Makes great pisco sours. uuuuummm :light:

Sometimes you really do question; why you are and where you are.
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 11:06 AM

It would be so sad to see any type of major Cabo/Style development in la bay. You know the old axiom--Progress Never Stops--- Well--just go talk to a few fisherman and their familys around Ensenada Blanca now, and you cant but help asking yourself? Whan is enough-- enough?? How many second and third homes do we need at the price of what????:rolleyes:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 11:48 AM

Jeez! Most people would be happy to own just one home.:o If you have the resources, own as many homes as you want.:tumble::spingrin:
baja829
Nomad

Mood: BAJA HAPPY

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 11:55 AM

We live 35 miles South of San Felipe, on the beach. Almost every day, small jets (maybe big investors???- probably) fly the coastline. Some return in 30 minutes, some in 3-4 hours - enough time to get a good look at all there is to see with regard to Campos, large and smalll, good beaches, etc.

The offers are flying around here -- lots of money, lots of developers. Some of our Ejidatarios have sold already, others say they never will -- but there's always a price as we all know. Interesting though, of those who have sold -- most no longer have the proceeds, nor rental income. Many of the others are watching this carefully, which is good for us, for now!

There's one investor who needs 2 Campo's side by side - offer is $6 Million- but he's precise on what he wants -- our Campo has it, as well as the next one. Our owner however, refused to sell, but his brother is willing. The group has another $60,000 Million to build beach front homes, condos and an exclusive resort. It's a matter of time -- just hope, it's not in our time. We always said we'd just go further South -- but that's no longer feasible, as they too are going further South.
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 11:59 AM

WHEN IS ENOUGH.............ENOUGH??:?:
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 12:03 PM

Quote:

I would have a third, fourth and fifth home elsewhere in the world if I had my way, though.

Aaaahh!! Got the ways, but lacking the mullah.:lol::lol::lol:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 12:22 PM

Factoring in all +'s and -'s, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about Baja as a viable retirement location. Property values are being inflated to extremes. Something about investing mega bucks in property without water or power? It's beautiful down in Baja, great fishing, wonderful people. Might just opt for a houseboat down in Louisiana. ;)
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 01:03 PM

my motto............never trust developers!:yes::lol::lol::saint:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Dave
Elite Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 1-18-2007 at 07:41 PM
Excuse me while I go buy into the Ejido

Quote:
Originally posted by pisco
We have been told than an American investor has offered each of the ejido owners 17 million for all of their land, including beach front.

I figure 1m will git 'er done.

Anyone else? :biggrin:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 05:25 AM

was that 17 mil in pesos or US $$$???????????

per human or for the whole enchiladas??

what a great resort spot LA bay could become if the feds would get behind it. shore line and mtns reminds me of monaco and corsica.

abreojos
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 05:44 AM

Talked with a helicopter pilot here in Cabo last week. He said he was real busy flying developers from Cabo to Conception looking for land. I wonder when Disneyland is coming!
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2007 at 09:17 AM

When the developers finish is just the begining!! Next come the "cruise ships"..You say so what? I'll tell you so what. They dump hundreds and thousands of gallons of raw sewege any place they choose with no enviromental regards for anyone or anything.Poor Litle Fishies:mad:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.