Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1999 imported in 2005

SOLD

- 2WD, V6, Auto, 140K
- electric seats and windows
- leather interior
- computer w/ LCD screen
- A/C and CD player
- Vin: 1J4G258S2XC601246

All papers in order, full service history both here in Mex and Stateside. Only reason we're selling is because we are moving to Uruguay. This car is in great condition.

Tel. 612.128.9371 Cel. 612.158.0102 Email. polypus@yahoo.com

[Edited on 3-21-2007 by polypus]

[Edited on 3-21-2007 by polypus]

[Edited on 3-25-2007 by polypus]

[Edited on 3-25-2007 by polypus]

[Edited on 3-28-2007 by polypus]

[Edited on 3-30-2007 by polypus]
villadelfin
Nomad

Mood: toasted and buttered

[*] posted on 2-24-2007 at 05:12 PM

I'd like to check out your pricing using kbb.com as a guide. What size is the engine, and what is the trim package? will you provide the vin number and the plate?

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-24-2007 at 07:18 PM

Approx. $800 and 5 days at the border, $1300+ in La Paz. and not legal to take it to the states.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2007 at 07:58 PM

Why can't it go to the states?
polypus

[*] posted on 2-24-2007 at 08:22 PM

hi all,

just to answer a few of your Qs.

kbb: you can't really go by the kbb in mexico. the same car goes for 12-14 thousand U.S. dollars at used car yards here in la paz. (some trivia: we were looking at the same car in uruguay and it costs as much as 26,000 U.S. for the same model and year)

engine: V6

trim package: computer w/ overhead LCD display (car status, thermometer, compass, etc), A/C, CD player/Radio, electric windows, alarm, the button on the key thingamajiggy for opening the car from a distance whatever that's called, leather seats, motorized seats

plate & vin number: BDB2764 & 1J4G258S2XC601246

importation/value: like comitan says, you don't have to pay, or even worst deal with mexican bureaucracy. imported cars are valued more highly since cars from the states have been looked after more properly since generally speaking preventative maintenance is not done in mexico. sometimes inferior parts are used in cars manufactured for the mexican market. i don't know if that is the case with jeeps however. of course you also have to watch out for wrecks being imported by checking the vin number which is what we did, and which you can now do since i've provided it above.

hope that helps, regards,
christophe
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-24-2007 at 08:25 PM

When it is imported in La Paz, the vehicle is not sent to the other side for customs to check to see if the vehicle is stolen, then the pink slip is stamped. The La Paz importation is to get plates so you are legal here. But then one of my cars is not legally imported and I have had it to the states many times, no citations!!! just lucky.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
polypus

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 12:51 PM
Still for sale!!

This car is still for sale, and with a new dramatically reduced price.
latortugaguera
Banned

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by polypus
This car is still for sale, and with a new dramatically reduced price.

Poly, what's the new price?

polypus

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 01:21 PM
new price

hi there. new price is $7300 was $8900. sorry, i edited the original post, should have made that clearer.
latortugaguera
Banned

[*] posted on 3-21-2007 at 01:24 PM

Oh that's ok poly, thank you

bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 3-22-2007 at 02:47 PM

Looks like an excellent price. One thing I'm still confused about, in view of Comitan's comments, is whether I can drive it back to the states. Secondly, we just got a SENTRI pass and have two years to add another vehicle for free. Would this car qualify for a SENTRI?

[Edited on 3-22-2007 by bajamigo]

polypus

[*] posted on 3-22-2007 at 06:04 PM
SENTRI

i personally have no clue about the rules for SENTRI passes. but once you find somebody who does, please don't hesitate to ask me for any relevant information that you may need to determine if it does qualify.
polypus

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 08:34 AM

i just dropped the price again from $7300 to $6900. for a jeep in the excellent condition that it is in it is a real bargain. somebody is going to get lucky.
polypus

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 04:33 PM
LAST PRICE DROP

ok i just dropped it for the last time to $6500. in three days, my house rental runs out, and if i have no buyers i am driving this vehicle to tijuana since it is obvious that there is no market here.
last chance for a steal.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.