Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: The End--Part Ten Gonzaga to Mexicali
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 10:16 AM

Wonderful trip report. Such good writing and the pictures, amazing!

Having been to many of the same places this winter, I can attest to the accuracy of your reporting. I will bookmark and return to the wonderful travelogue.

Thank you again for sharing this wonderful adventure with us.

Iflyfish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 10:19 AM

DK

Msfish and I had the same reaction to the food at Rice and Beans, ho, hum, and no internet.

There is so much wonderful food in Baja, it is a shame to waste even one meal on mediocre food. I really appreciate such detailed reviews.

Iflyfish
cbuzzetti
Nomad

Mood: Lookin for a vacation

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 10:35 AM

What a great trip report.
Can't wait to get to Campo Rene again.
Hopefully I will get to Gonzaga this fall.
Keep up the great work.

BajaBuzz
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 10:45 AM

thank you so much for sharing

jerry and judi
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 12:09 PM

Wonderfuly written! Great story! Awesome pictures! In the end, it's not why we write or even what we write about, but that we DO write. Sometimes sharing the story is almost as fun as creating it in the first place. Thanks for taking me down those dusty roads and to those far away coast lines.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 01:23 PM

DIANE -THANK YOU, you just made my day! >f<
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 01:35 PM

That was a wonderful story, and the photos took me right back to last October when I was in the area. Thanks for sharing your good times with us. There is so much exploring to be done! And what a nice surprise to discover you are not a spring chicken (as I had assumed from your prior posts), but rather an older hen...but probably not as old as me, since I'm in the stewing chicken range! Thanks, Diane

\"You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair.\"
Swedish proverb
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter

DavidK

Jose and his older son were working away on the roof of the mission. It really was nice to see that the family is once again taking care of things---I remember when you wrote about them being stopped. It is one of the places to which we really owe you a big THANK YOU---we might have never gone that way.

[Edited on 3-8-2007 by jdtrotter]

That's great... and it is my pleasure that you enjoyed a place that I did as well... The really big thanks must go to DOUG (BAJA NOMAD) for maintaining this site that we all enjoy so much!

Support Doug's efforts by clicking on the ads, buying your insurance from bajabound.com, and shopping the Nomad Tienda... Does everyone have a Baja Nomad shirt???

Here's Jose and family in July, 2003...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 06:49 PM

Quote:

Does everyone have a Baja Nomad shirt???

the tienda says, "no image available." :?:

gotta see it first.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 09:09 PM

Great family shots... How fun to see the kids grow up!

The oldest daughter (Brisa) I believe is married now...?

Here she is with Sarah in '03...

Diane, you can edit away all the 'listings' of edits from before... that way just one edit line will remain.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 10:25 PM

Sorry, but I know Jose Gerardo (father) and Brisa... but don't recall the others...

Here is the son in 2001 when he made the cover of this bi-lingual magazine about the Camino Real and missions in Baja California...

san borja boy-r.JPG - 45kB

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 02:49 PM

INCREIBLE....an epic mi amiga...loved every word and photo...we cant wait to take you to the islands here and see the photos that will come out of that trip! look forward to your next visit.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 02:53 PM

It was so nice to see pics of our old friends at the San Borja mission...Sirena is Brisa´s good amiga and I look forward to seeing her baby...the youngest daughter is Noni and a real character indeed.The donations are really important to maintain the area and their family. We always bring things like coffee, sugar, milk, tea etc. and of course goodies for the kids...this family always invites people into their home and serves them drinks and food and they really need the financial help the donations provide.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 03:21 PM

Here is a picture of our guide last year. He indicated he lived there with his family. His name was Angel. Is this the son? Looks a little different. He spoke good english and was very friendly.

By the way in the photo he is showing us his grandfather's gravesite.

Ken

san borja angel.jpg - 46kB
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
It was so nice to see pics of our old friends at the San Borja mission...Sirena is Brisa´s good amiga and I look forward to seeing her baby...the youngest daughter is Noni and a real character indeed.The donations are really important to maintain the area and their family. We always bring things like coffee, sugar, milk, tea etc. and of course goodies for the kids...this family always invites people into their home and serves them drinks and food and they really need the financial help the donations provide.

Okay, we have Brisa & Noni, what about the two boys? How about the mama (Sra. Gerardo)?

Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 04:40 PM

Dianne.....Thank you for such a beautiful trip report.Your narative was so warm and sensitive.You create what you attract.The pictures are pricless.They all put us right there with alot of feeling!You have truly created a masterpiece.Its no wonder your little doggies love you two so much. Thanks so much for having me along..:)
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 3-9-2007 at 07:49 PM

Quote:

We are friendly and like meeting and talking with people, but we are not terribly social. Perhaps we are simply curious Baja snoops.

So thats what we are called, Baja Snoops. Your report has inspired us to slow down and get off the road more. Thanks Diane!
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2007 at 09:56 PM

Diane, when you posted this report we were getting ready to go north, and the words "very long" discouraged me from even peeking. By chance this evening I stumbled on it, and have spent some time reading and looking at pictures. Very definitely my good fortune! Thank you so much for all of your work in showing and telling-- never again will I find myself "too busy" to experience your travels. If you come toLoreto, I hope that Don and I will be lucky enough to meet you and John-- let us know when you'll be here, and we'll be at your disposal--

Paula

gatling

[*] posted on 4-14-2007 at 10:52 PM

Fabulous report and great photos. Thanks.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-15-2007 at 08:29 AM

Thanks for the pictures and the report. Super.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.