Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Matomi - Prez Day
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2004 at 09:50 AM
Matomi - Prez Day

I was wondering who has plans to go and what type of vehicles they will travel with....

Also how many have access to a CB radio for the trip....

Info note...it appears that any info about the SCORE race is from 2003 and may not reflect this years route...

I will be going in a Chevy 4wd full size pickup...with CB radio....
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 2-2-2004 at 12:54 AM
Running gear...

89 Bronco, CB, XM-Radio, GPS, Pacifico Powered, we'll be pulling our on/off hwy (El Burro - XLT) camp/chuck wagon trailer.

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2004 at 08:06 AM

Toyota 4x4 with a XR250 spare tire.
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2004 at 07:10 PM

I will be on a 99 YZ 400 and my buddy will be on a KTM 520EXC. My dad was going to ride his XR 350 but he jacked up his hand(now in a cast) over the weekend while we were ridding near plaster city west. However he is still going on the trip. He will drive his old tropper (4wd) he leaves down at his house.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I've been a part of Amigos and now nomads and have never been to a BBBB or a viva baja party. In fact the only person I met from the two boards was Desert Rat and boy did we have a great time in Mexicali. So I'll see ya guys soon.. Paul

[Edited on 09-03-2003 by tunaeater]
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2004 at 07:22 PM

I would love to join you guys and finally meet some of you face to face. However, the wife and I are taking a four day Green Tortoise trip to Death Valley. (The trip was an X-mas present from my folks.)

I have only met Beach Bob (who wouldn't know me from Adam) and 4baja. (I recognize him from one of David K's photo spreads.) I hope you guys have a great time and that the weather smiles for you. (and us) I would like David K to just one time mention my name as he opens a Pacifico. Well, Packoderm isn't my real name, but you know what I mean. Have fun.

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2004 at 08:26 AM

My wife, Audrey, and I are going to try to make it. 2001 F250 Superduty 4x4 w/Lance Cabover. Looking forward to meeting the baja nuts that will be there too!
Will leave San Diego on Friday, camp overnight near El Centro and head down to Nuevo Mazatlan Sat morning early, maybe stopping to grab a bite to eat in SF.
Bob H :tumble:
sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2004 at 10:34 AM
matomi

i would not take a lance camper to matomi
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2004 at 11:54 AM

We are dropping the camper at Neuvo Mazatlan where we will be camping.
Bob H
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 08:01 AM

David what time are you planning on leaving Sunday morning for Matomi?
My wife can't come but my brother Bill is and we're going down Saturday below Puertocitos to the El Volcan wash. We'll stop by your camp either going or coming back to try and meet up on Sat. Otherwise we'll see you and the others Sunday morning.

Tom Wimberly
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 10:01 AM

Looks like Race info will be up later this weekend or early next week so we can plan exact route....

I plan on going down Friday morning from Orange County....through Mexacali.....
Me No
Banned

lol.gif posted on 2-10-2004 at 10:03 AM
You guys have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

The map on Score's website is last year's course and the 2004 course has yet to be posted.

I was told about the "Matomi expedition" occurring this weekend up/down Matomi wash. It's plain fawking stupid for ************** a caravan on the known race course, if the course traverses Matomi.

Here is what Sal Fish at Score has to say:

"The Tecate Score San Felipe 250 Race Course is no different than the Indianapolis 500 course or any other professionally organized racing event. The privilege to use this land has been paid for by Score International and the Official Racing Entrants of the Tecate Score San Felipe 250. The fact that the race course is not enclosed does not mean that spectators have the right to be on this official racecourse between Feb 14th through Feb 28th, 2004. PLEASE, IF YOU ARE NOT ENTERED IN THIS RACE, STAY OFF THE COURSE!"

Although not enforceable and the weekend warriors (non racers) will come out in droves *******************************

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 2-10-2004 by BajaNomad]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 11:57 AM
sounds like a good possibility of a

"Darwin" award about to happen??

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 01:18 PM

Score has the map up now for 2004.
It runs down Matomi like last year.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 01:33 PM

Could you ask Sal Fish if I could use his road for just a few minutes on the 15th?
And also, would he mind if I removed any signs that might still be up from previous races, or is it still illegal to remove them?
Thanks!
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 02:21 PM

You can do whatever you want to Don Jorge, but if you decide to run up, down, or whatever in the Matomi wash between feb 15 and 28, there is a good chance you will get a trophy truck enema. You make the choice.

The fact is the people of baja benefit financially from these races, and judging by the amount of "locals" who come out to see them, there is some physical enjoyment as well. So if you don't like the idea of limiting the use, of a few remote streatches of dirt road, take it up with the governor of baja norte.:lol:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 06:45 PM

Me No, the fact of the matter is the matomi trip members were waiting for Score to put their map out before deciding on how we would go. Score pays to put the race on. In Mexico Score doesn't pay to close areas open to the public. Following a race course in the direction of the race even during a Score race is allowed under their rules. Our intent is not to cause problems for Sal or the pre-runners, that's why I emailed Score asking that the map be posted before Wednesday or Thursday, so we would know which way the course runs. I don't want to turn this into a P*****g contest, then again I could ask Tony Tellier to ruin it for everyone. For the Matomi group that's a reference to the Baja 1000 and Jeff Cummings at BFG which I can explain in San Felipe.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by TW]
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:15 PM
Safety is a concern

We could go on and on back and forth about the race course, politics, SCORE and Baja...the bottom line is...why RISK anyone's life when you ABSOLUTELY KNOW that there will be serious race traffic on the route you plan to take. Simply put, it makes no sense whatsoever. Yes, you could make it out unscathed but why risk any of your AMIGO's lives with race vehicles traveling at 100 mph...your trip is for fun and adventure...not to contend with 75-100 pre-runners hauling ass in Baja...

With over 250 entries already signed up for this race, I have spoken with countless race teams who will be running the course from 2/14 until contingency on 2/27.

Be careful.

Desertbull

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by Desertbull]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:23 PM

Safety should be our concern and when we meet I'm sure it will be discussed and what we should do.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:59 PM

I think we should wait and see the choice of the race mgmt and then make a decision. In the mean time it seems reasonable to think of other explorations the Matomi group could make in that same area, avoiding roads that have a conflict of interest. There are lots of interesting things to do. The Matomi trip was a long one and with as many or more as the last trip maybe we would overwhelm some of us. The fun starts in Baja when we get more intimate with her in the sense of digging deeper into a specific area and learning the geology and history, with getting to know the locals and whatever. I'm certain that if the race is in competition for space on the Matomi road we can find a way around the conflict. I propose we wait and see. The fun of these get-togethers is as much social as exploratory.

On the other hand I resent the Me No attitude which comes off like he owns the damn road. Cooperation is cool and that comes across in words, writen, spoken or shouted. A little consideration usually encourages most of us to cooperate. He (she?) certainly didn't.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 09:08 PM

Mike, resent if you like, but the words were not mine. It is a repost from another site, which is a compilation itself. I don't own the roads, or claim too, but the race will run down Matomi wash. Be careful.

Pronounce Minnow in spanish and you will know who Me-no is. For some reason that has escaped many for so long.:lol:
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.