Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Cafe' Milano in La Paz
mikimila

[*] posted on 12-26-2007 at 02:39 PM

Dear Nomads,
hope you all had a fabulous X-mas, as we did.
Since a couple of days our restaurant is reopened, with a brand new menu and a lot of excitement.
We want to thank for all the compliments as well as for the constructive comments that may help us to improve our service and your experience with us.
Back to our new menu, I'd generally say that it is a little bit more contemporary than the previous, without sacrificing simplicity and originality.
As before, we prefer to select locally our ingredient and craft in the house the bread, the majority of our pasta, and the famous sausage, plus mamma's "limoncello" and "liquore di caffe".
For now we decided to serve dinner opening 17:00pm-23:00pm and we are closing on sundays; we will be open on New years's eve and closed on January the 1st.
We long to see you soon, please don't hesitate to ask me for the digestive treat.
Michele & Caffe' Milano

Mikele
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 12:52 PM

I always spend time (and money) in La Paz. This year I was looking forward to trying the caffe Milano and also Jesse's restaurant.

Unfortunately I will not be coming to La Paz this year because they have banned dogs from the malecon. I spend hours walking up and down the malecon with Paco and little plastic bags.
After these walks and exercise for me and Paco, he is content to stay in the trailer at night while I am out negating the results of walking, by eating!

Alas.......NO MORE! :(

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart

I spend hours walking up and down the malecon with Paco and little plastic bags.

That must be a cute sight:saint:
Do you keep them all together on one leash.:?::?::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 12-27-2007 at 08:56 PM

Was there last week and the restaurant was still closed.
Next door, Bohemian is not improved since the 'French' menu has been discarded. Prices are way up and choices are very limited, and slooooow !!

PS about dogs on Melcon, Today we walkedthe Mal. and did NOT notice any sings against dogs other then at the extended pier into the harbour.
Maybe it's not so bad afterall.

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart

I spend hours walking up and down the malecon with Paco and little plastic bags.

That must be a cute sight:saint:
Do you keep them all together on one leash.:?::?::biggrin:

Nawww! I make Paco carry them, hangin from various parts,
kinda like colestomy bags. I figure they are better than diapers. :tumble:

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-28-2007 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Nawww! I make Paco carry them, hangin from various parts,
kinda like colestomy bags. I figure they are better than diapers. :tumble:

:lol::lol:
Tunemuse,
Aren't you about on your way to warmer, Brrrrrr....., climes.:?:
Bloody freezing here.:(

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
yates

[*] posted on 2-4-2008 at 03:30 PM

Finally had the opportunity to eat at Caffe' Milano last week. It was FABULOUS! Started with a beautiful salad with pears, blue cheese, and pecans on very nice greens. My husband had the lobster ravioli and I had a the risotto with shellfish (mussels, clams, maybe another kind thrown in, too). The service was top notch. Oh, and don't forget the limoncello!!

Will definitely be going back.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2008 at 08:07 PM

Nice to hear it is open again. I'll be back down there in 10 days!
bobw
Junior Nomad

Mood: Tired of the city

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 10:16 PM

Just a quick post to bump this thread up, I will post a more detailed review in a few days, but I just got in from dinner at Caffe Milano... in short, a religious experience gastronomically speaking... service was very good, main courses were extremely good and the appetizer (Carpacio of Marlin) and desert (Panna cotta of orange & saffron) wer amazing.
mikimila

[*] posted on 11-28-2008 at 09:04 AM

Good Morning,
this short note just to inform our Nomad friends and all the jazz lovers that we are hosting a weekly performance on fridays, with the "Seven Clouds Trio" playing.
The music starts around 7:30 PM and goes on till around 11:30 PM.
Additionally to the menu we always have specials, tapas and premium wines by the glass.
Get a free appetizers sampler by mentioning this note.
Arrivederci!

Mikele
CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 02:39 PM
Still terrific!

We only go out to dinner maybe four times per year. Luckily we are in La Paz for at least one of those occasions and the night before last we had our fourth visit to Caffe Milano in as many years. We were soooo very pleased as always with the food and service. I don't know that I have ever been to a restaurant that is this consistently good year after year. We are a bit 'hyper-critical' about restaurants and don't often have good things to say to the extent of wanting to say it publicly which is why I really wanted to give the Caffe Milano folks another plug (not that they need it).

This is what we enjoyed - I won't go into details; just know that it was all verrrry good:
Steamed Mussels in a garlicky white wine sauce (a generous serving of the tenderest little mussels...with a salad this could have been a perfect dinner for me, but we don't get out much so we went a little wild.)
Lightly Fried Oysters dotted with caviar
Greek salad
Baby greens with fresh pear salad
Aged Bone-in Rib Eye Steak for two
Duck Breast with date sauce (very different than the usual duck breast with fruit sauce)
Fresh fettucine in tomato-basil sauce

And this is what we have had more than once in the past that we would have ordered becasue it is so good but we wanted try new things:
Gnocci in oxtail ragout
Lobster ravioli

OK, 'nuff said.

PS: I have attempted Tres Virgenes a few times but seems never on days they were open...another time.
oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 12-5-2008 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CP
Luckily we are in La Paz for at least one of those occasions and the night before last we had our fourth visit to Caffe Milano in as many years. We were soooo very pleased as always with the food and service. I don't know that I have ever been to a restaurant that is this consistently good year after year.

Totally agree! In my opinion, the best Italian food this side of Sardinia. Seriously.
mikimila

[*] posted on 3-20-2009 at 07:15 PM

Dear All,
by this short note we want to thank all the nomad friends and customers that have been visiting and supporting us during this years.
Tomorrow is Caffé Milano´s 8th anniversary and we are still very excited every day when we turn our burners on and open the light blue door.
Love!
Lei, Michele & Caffé Milano Ristorante

Mikele
Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 3-20-2009 at 10:24 PM

I wished you were open on Sundays. Everytime I am in town it seems to be a Sunday as will be this Sunday March 22. Will you be open?

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
mikimila

[*] posted on 3-21-2009 at 02:14 PM

I am sorry Leo, for years we had our closing day on sundays, and we´ll stay closed tomorrow too ... on the other hand we are trying to organize ourselves and the staff in order to stay opened seven days a week, and I´ll be glad to keep you (and the rest of the nomads) updated.
Ciao
Michele

Mikele
C-Urchin
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2009 at 08:16 PM

Michele and his wife (the head chef) are doing a wonderful job! I would recommend this place as the real thing! Ambiance, cleanliness, amazing food and a great location.

I wish Michele and his wife many years of prosperity!

*For the real Italian/Baja thing...try the spaghetti with Sea Urchin...As a diver, you'll never look at these little buggers the same way again :-)
CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 07:39 AM
I'm bummed

We were in La Paz for one night this week and looked forward to a nice relaxing delicious four courses at our favorite restaurant Cafe Milano (have not been to Tres Virgenes yet).
Service was unenthused, pasta sauces tasted like reheated leftovers. Tagliatelli stuck together with uncooked clumps. We had 1.5 courses and decided to cut our losses and go get ice cream....
I have never followed through to write a negative comment about any restaurants although I have many. But I have said such positive comments about Cafe Milano and their consistent high quality of food and service that I feel a need to point out this hopefully isolated disappointment. And ask does anybody know what happened? There was only one other couple seated when we were there and there was a full staff.
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 07:44 AM

Bummer....

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
mikimila

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 05:54 PM

My biggest apology – dear CP – wil not be enough to compensate the damage made; however I want to recognize our failure, apologize on behalf of myself and my wife and partner Lei, and tell you that I´d like to know if there´s anything that we can do to put remedy to your inconvenience.
I already had, this afternoon, a meeting with our staffs, to remind everybody our commitment to try to give our best, day after day, table after table, dish after dish, friend after friend, and I present you the apologies of our staff as well.
Our commitment has been and is not to defraud the confidence of those who allow us to put our hands in their stomachs, and we´ll keep on trying to do our best.
This said, I want to mention that we, as humans, can fail occasionally, however we´ll always try to fix any failure if any will occur, and for this reason we hope that if anybody will be less than happy with our service or food, will let us know at the moment and give an opportunity to fix the problem onsite, and possibly save the night.
I hope – dear CP – to have an opportunity to meet you sometimes, and to have the possibility to present you my apology personally.
Sincerely
Michele, Lei & Caffé Milano

Mikele
CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2009 at 07:30 AM

Dear Michele, Lei & Caffé Milano

Thank you kindly. We sure do appreciate your prompt and honest response. Our disappointment was based on our expectations formed by your consistent high quality of service and food! Our previous superb dining experiences at your restaurant, along with your obvious concern confirm that Caffé Milano is still one of the finest restaurants in La Paz.

We look forward to our next opportunity to visit. And we continue to recommend your restaurant to our friends.

Regards,
CP
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.