Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bad roads
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2004 at 03:46 PM
Bad roads

Well, here I am stuck in El Centenario. Had a little mishap on the El Camino Real south of El Triunfo and the arroyo seems to have won the battle. 3 leaves broken on the right rear leaf springs and 2 on the left.
To say nothing of a possible bent drive shaft and leaking trans seal. Darn those roads. Anyway, I will post some pictures when I return .
And this wasn't even one of the bad roads like up in the Gigantas. Interesting.
Perhaps it's time to get me a Hummer hahahahahahaha.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2004 at 11:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, J.R. Hope for the best for both you and the van.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2004 at 09:05 AM
Thanks Natalie

This is to be expected with the places I frequent. I can't believe it has taken this long for that van with 387 thousand miles on it to finally need a little rest and repair.
For all the weight that thing hauls on the way down here with goodies, it deserves a medal of honor and maybe even a tank full of premium as a reward for it's service.
Bajagrande

[*] posted on 2-3-2004 at 01:08 PM

JR hurry up and come back, if you can make it out alive, watch your back, I miss your daily posts, Did any of those green guys who sleep all day come to your rescue, Dis you go to the new Crispy cream and starbucks in San Juanico?. :lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2004 at 01:34 PM
Fortunately

I was able to limp back from Los Barriles and El Triunfo to a mechanic I know here in El Centenario. And, because of the kindness and hospitality of Tucker, I am not out on the streets where I am susceptible to attack and robbery every second by
exican bandidos. Oh wait, I was thinking LA not El C.
Nevertheless, todo esta bien except when I get the bill for this little mishap. I may have a new career working for Pedro, the best mechanic in these parts to pay off the bill. Things could be worse!!!
I kinda like it here.
Something tells me that the Green Sleepers have never been on the road I was exploriing, for a minute ! Perhaps I should have paid attention to the lack of traffic or tracks???? Naw, never happen.:smug:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2004 at 01:49 PM

JR, sorry to hear about your van. Are your dogs with you? We are all looking forward to your photos when you return. And, the Steinway story... Best of luck to you getting the repairs done!
Bob H :yes:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 01:59 PM
Sin Nombre

y sin huevos as well. Go figure. I reckon yall better take some yoga classes if that's what yer into.
And as far as gringo stunt, yall ever drove anywhere off the road in Baja. Don't sound like it to me. Ya have to have a spine for the back country of this peninsula although I do see plenty of Viboras out there. Seen me drive by by any chance ?:lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 02:00 PM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.