Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: NOBS Party
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2004 at 10:04 AM
NOBS Party

Well, we have decided to throw a party for the NOBS. Nomads Of Baja Sur. We haven't decided on the exact date yet but it will be sometime in between the 14th and 24th of this month. I know many will be down for Carnaval so please let us hear your input/interest.
Most everyone that is already here are flexible so we thought we would hear input prior to setting a date.
The party will be at Tuckers in El Centenario which is about 20 minutes north of La Paz. Should be fun and I am going to try and get some mountain foods for the party depending on the current mood of my van.
Plenty seafood around here if the mountain food doesn't happen so we won't starve.
This should be a kick after meeting some of the board members down here !
:bounce:
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2004 at 10:57 AM

Make it after the 19th and count on us. Cya ;)

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 2-4-2004 at 06:17 PM

I'd Love to go to that party, PLease make it before the 20th Please!! Will be sailing till the 18th and back in La Paz after that... But a las all good things must come to an end, and I'll have to head north for work and money:(... Only for awhile thou then it's back to the Sea.:lol:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 2-4-2004 at 08:12 PM

Where do you guys get so much extra time and ENERGY???:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 12:18 AM

North of La Paz????

I have been to Tucker's, and it is southwest of La Paz.

Oh, I bet you mean northbound on Highway One, which does go south from La Paz before turning north! LOL That's like the freeway north to Ventura (from L.A.) which actually goes WEST! You guys have fun!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 06:57 AM

El Centenario is north of La Paz.

Bob and I looked at this area carefully before we chose Mulege.

It's a nice development with lots of Canadians and Americans.

Maybe Tucker can give us directions......

sus:yes:

our website is:
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 07:15 PM
NOBS Fiesta........

As mi amigo jr sez, there will be a party at my house in El Centenario, on February 21, 2004 at 2pm. An invitation is extended to all members of this board and any other baja related boards. Please let us know if you are attending, soon!

You are all correct about the location of El Centenario, depending on your perspective. Email or U2U me for specific directions or even GPS co-ordinates (If DK can locate me with them, damn near anybody can!).

Food furnished for the first 10,000 after that you are on your own. BYOB.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 10:21 PM
Markitos

You being a boat person and this being Baja, I would find it hard to believe that one or two more days would make a difference.
Providing you didn't have any incidents, which most Nauticos plan on, you should have. Just pretend you did. We will write you a note regarding the dangers down here and how you were lucky to get out alive.:lol:
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 10:42 PM

JR, what in the world is mountain food?

bajalera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 10:53 PM
I'm glad you asked.

Mountain food is food that is straight from the garden, axe, or 22 cal. rifle to the enchiladas and tamales it is put into. The rancheros don't have ice, let alone refrigeration.
And then there are the calabases casseroles. It was explained to me that because of their foods never having been cold, it makes a huge difference. And it does.
And then there's the venado but being endangered, could be a problem.
Now, if my new leaf springs and new transmission hold up, I will be more than happy to prove what I am saying to be true.
And if I were you, I would check it out at our party. Pure energy and flavors you won't believe!!!!:bounce:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2004 at 11:00 PM
El Centenario

Actually, I have noticed a couple of them darn beaners runnin around here as well as the gringos and canucks. Starbucks is pretty much out of the question and as far as shopping goes, forget it unless you want COLD beer.
La Paz is where you shop for anything major, like food, clothes, ice, alcohol, etc. There are a couple really good restaurants here though and if anyone is interested, just ask.
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 09:17 AM
Bob and Susan

El Centenario is pretty much a typical Mexican village, gringo population maybe 50 out of about 2500. Nearby El Comitan is an gringo enclave, possible three well-to-do Mexican families, the rest being gringos or canadiense.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 12:29 PM

JR - Thanks for the explanation, and I'd be interested in knowing about those restaurants.

When mountaineering with your amigos, have you ever come across wild jicama?

bajalera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 06:03 PM

Couldn't you have chosen a better acronym? Sounds pretty gay.:O

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 08:11 PM
Hey Dave

How's Rosarito. I heard today it was beautiful while it is windy and cold here in the La Paz area.
A mouse is the third such person to join the board and immediately start attacking me. Do you think that the hens may be behind this cajone less nonsense. I think that some of the Nomads don't have the huevos to say things themselves so they get these junior clowns to state their opinions for them. Too bad they can barely spell and make it quite obvious they know nothing about about Baja. Probably the future predators that seem to be the majority in that country these days.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 08:46 PM

Tucker,

Of course you are RIGHT!:lol:

It's still north of La paz...and what exactly made you choose to be one of the 50???

I have some training in Glenco GA that week...sooo bob can't go either....just in case we were still invited.:yes::yes:

our website is:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Bob n Susan.

Lera, for american food there is the "Club Marlin". You have to look for it because it's kind of hard to see but it's near the north end of town on the east side of the Carretera. From the north, look for Los Arripes Trailer Park and it will be just south of that. From the south, look for Las Hamacas store, big beer can in the sky and Club Marlin is just on the right. Really good Ribeye's, Hamburgers, and american style foods as well as Seafoods, great Pescado Empanizado, and Mexican food. american sat. TV and a spectacular view of La Paz. It's the kind of place you take your Mother to if shes nervous about being in Mexico. Very american.
The other is I believe called the Econo Cafe. It is in the heart of El Centenario hahahaha and it is traditional Mexican cuisine. 3 tables, slow service, cheap prices, great food!
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 2-6-2004 at 11:10 PM

Well ... How about that party? Have you figured out what day/days it may be ?
Cause your right ..... ya never realy know what might happen.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2004 at 06:51 AM

Jr is Right

Club Marlin IS the place.
Swim in the summer. EAT. DRINK
Survivor on TV on Thursdays while you sit on a couch.

Food is outstanding.

If you go please get us Pam the owners Email.....thanks sus :tumble:

our website is:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2004 at 07:45 AM
Tucker

Please u2u me (if you please) young son and I will be roaming after the party at CL and would love to meet you....I'll bring the spagetti :spingrin:
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.