Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Antonio's at Laguna San Ignacio
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-4-2007 at 02:23 PM
Antonio's at Laguna San Ignacio

Last week we trekked out to San Ignacio, hoping to stay at Cortez and have some good whale watching. Our guys had stayed there last year and been treated well.
Seems like Cortez is now rented out all season to just one promoter, and if you are not on his list you are out.

That turned out to be a very good break for us, as we asked around for an alternate suggestion. "Antonio is a good guy and his wife is the best cook in the lagoon" was the tip that sent us his way.

Excellent choice. We camped in his palapas, had nice sun-warmed showers and the food was as good as advertised.

Antonio turned out to be a very good boat-man and his panga rides on two different days gave us a lot of action, and a lot of "friendlies" just begging to get into the boat.

To cap it all off, since the boat was not big enough for the whales I proceeded to fall out of the boat while kissing my first, of several, little guys. I think I landed on top of him, but he departed rather soon, and eventually my laughing compadres dragged me back on board.

"Whale Rider II" ???? NOT!!!
ursidae69
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2007 at 02:57 PM

I agree that Antonio's is a great camp to stay at, very friendly and kind folks there. I first went to Antonios in 2004 and had a great time and then this year on March 18th I found myself at Antonio's again. Antonio went out himself with my group of five. We went a lot further out that the other boats and had many, many super friendly whales. I'll post up some pictures soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Last week we trekked out to San Ignacio, hoping to stay at Cortez and have some good whale watching. Our guys had stayed there last year and been treated well.
Seems like Cortez is now rented out all season to just one promoter, and if you are not on his list you are out.

That turned out to be a very good break for us, as we asked around for an alternate suggestion. "Antonio is a good guy and his wife is the best cook in the lagoon" was the tip that sent us his way.

Excellent choice. We camped in his palapas, had nice sun-warmed showers and the food was as good as advertised.

Antonio turned out to be a very good boat-man and his panga rides on two different days gave us a lot of action, and a lot of "friendlies" just begging to get into the boat.

To cap it all off, since the boat was not big enough for the whales I proceeded to fall out of the boat while kissing my first, of several, little guys. I think I landed on top of him, but he departed rather soon, and eventually my laughing compadres dragged me back on board.

"Whale Rider II" ???? NOT!!!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2007 at 03:23 PM

Ricardo at Rice and Beans sent us his way a few years ago, what a great trip! And yes, the food was some of the best I've had. MA, Brendan and I are planning on going down tomorrow or Friday, I'm a little concerned that it being Easter week Rice and Beans might not have a room. More of concern is that if we wait until next week the Moms and Calves might have headed north. This will be Brendan's first trip and I don't want him "skunked" Anyone that has been there in the last week or so please advise. Thanks

Mean people suck!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-4-2007 at 04:10 PM

Debra, we went out on March 23 and 24 and there were whales, not a lot, but certainly we saw dozens in the course of a couple hours.

But you are certainly cutting it close now, by this weekend it will be two full weeks since we were out there.

(maybe the one I fell on will still be there, recovering from the trauma)
oladulce
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 4-4-2007 at 05:51 PM

BajaVida
Senior Nomad

Mood: muy cool

[*] posted on 9-7-2008 at 08:15 PM
Antonio's es muy suave

about 12 of us went out on a trip and we pre-ordered 12 combination dinners for our return
they were ready when we returned

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.