Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Murder on the Beach
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-6-2007 at 02:23 PM
Murder on the Beach

Mi Baja No Hurry No Worry

The Gringo’s, a husband and wife, had left their kids with a sitter and escaped the rat race for a carefree weekend in Baja. They pulled into La Salina at about dusk. They had never visited the Cantina before but after a few drinks they were up and dancing like they had spent their whole lives in Baja. One thing led to another and soon they retreated to their camper that was parked on the beach in front of the Cantina.

Soon all of their ‘relaxin’ found them both stripped down and ready for action! Soon a loud banging noise interrupted them. Being totally involved with each other they ignored the noise. The banging got louder. Finally, the husband got up and opened the door and found two armed banditos standing outside. The big one started yelling at him in Spanish. The older, short guy told him in very broken English, “get out here and give us all of your money.” The husband sort of staggered out onto the sand. It was obvious that he had no money on his person. Soon, his wife tumbled out of the camper naked as the day she was born. The big guy tried to grab her, his thoughts apparently had moved from robbery to other more basic things. Suddenly the husband grabbed the rifle away from the older guy. Swinging the gun with all of his might he struck the big guy on the head. This caused the gun to fire, wounding the husband and killing the older guy. The wife, still naked, ran, screaming, up to the Cantina.

After much discussion Señor Benson decided that his son “Petie” should drive the Gringo’s to the first aid station at The Half Way House. He admonished his son to go no further than the aid station. This was because by Mexican law, the couple was involved in a major crime.

So, with “Petie” driving, the husband lying, bleeding, on the back seat, and the wife (still naked) in the passenger seat, they headed north. First they passed The Half Way House “and the aid station”, then Rosarito Beach, then La Gloria’s. and then they hit the border.

An alert Custom Agent noticed the wife and astutely judged that something was amiss. After brief questioning of the husband and wife he called an ambulance and sent them on to an American Hospital. The agent then notified the Mexican Police and turned “Petie” and the car over to the Mexican Officials.

The Mexican Police sent detectives to La Salina where they found the dead bandit still lying in the sand. The other guy was being held at the Cantina. Upon the completion of their investigation they threw “Petie” in jail for aiding and abetting two felons in leaving the Country. They also impounded the vehicle.

Several days later Señor Benson visited his son in prison and asked him why he had failed to stop at the aid station. Petie, looking rather sheepish, smiled and said, “I just kept looking over at that, beautiful, naked lady! She just looked so good—and you know I didn’t want to stop. So I just kept driving and looking until it was too late.

This event caused an international incident and the Gringo couple never returned to Baja. The husband did send some money down to get “Petie” out of jail.

Oh, Yes! “Petie’s” cousin was really peeed when they impounded his car. No, it was never returned. After that, “Petie” used to laugh and say, “it don’t pay to try to help no naked gringo’s.”

P.S. True story! I know because I was the Captain on the desk when the Customs guys advised us of the event.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-6-2007 at 02:31 PM
Got any fotos of the lady, Bernie??

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-6-2007 at 02:36 PM

Great story Bernie!
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2007 at 01:17 PM

Gosh - what a story, and poor Lady, how embarrassing that must have been - beside the shocking event of course.
Thank you Bernie - and a nice and HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND.>f<
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 4-7-2007 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie

An alert Custom Agent noticed the wife and astutely judged that something was amiss.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: She had nothing to declare?:lol::lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
“it don’t pay to try to help no naked gringo’s.”

No paga ayudar a gringos bichis :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 4-7-2007 at 09:13 PM

Oh geezuss, thanks so much Bernie! I really needed that!! Ya made my nite...happy Easter, Amigo:lol:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-8-2007 at 01:45 PM
Thanks

for the nice comments..............they do warm the heart.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.