Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New Website Launched for Bahia Asuncion
Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 09:07 AM

David K.............thanks for your posts. You have given me sooooooooo much information.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 09:24 AM

Ken,

Your Zodiak would make a great dive platform for launching from San Roque to dive around San Roque Island. Otherwise, you will need a ride out there. I think it's a place you'll want to dive.

Lots of rocky breaks near town with adjacent beaches you could walk-in from if the waves were down. I bet the diving right off Shari's point could be interesting.

There were no fills that I am aware of in town but Shari may know a secret ? I will have one down there eventually.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 09:35 AM

Thanks Diver. Sounds great. Have you done any dives in Asuncion?

++Ken++
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
No, as I posted in her web site 'I hope to get out there after the El Rosario Culturel Festival'

The two maps I posted above are the ones I put in Shari's first web site that I made for her to help people see the area she was in.

Five uses of the word "I" in two sentences about a place you've never been.

Let the girl field her own questions. We want to hear it from HER! It's HER moment!

Gawd, did you take over the awards ceremony at your kid's Little Leage banquet with talk about all YOU did during the season?

Pardon me for wanting first hand information. You've done this to me several times before when I ask for SPECIFIC information about a place FROM THE LOCALS and you jump in with irrelevant info. Last time was when the new station at BOLA was to open and you came in with your pat answer about all the privateers dispensing gas. EVERYONE KNEW THAT!

Let the people involved, speak for themselves. I wouldnt question anything you post regarding your trips to northern Baja. You are an expert on these kinds of trips and I have gotten much invaluable info from you. And I thank you for it.

But let people speak for themselves, especially when a question is posed to them directly.

It's just bad web manners, man...........you wouldnt interrupt a direct question to someone in a conversation at a party; why do it here?

I'm not alone in this. I got quite a few U2Us from people supporting me at our last go-around. Naturally, they think I'm nuts to call you on this; given your hallowed status.

But it's JUST NOT RIGHT................

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 09:48 AM

I have not, yet.
I did get out on the water and talked to a few others who had been diving there. Some other nomads had brought a portable compressor in February but it wouldn't work. They spear-fished San Roque Island and near-shore.

San Roque looked to be an easy beach entry with some apparent structure just off-shore. Rocky outcrops, scattered kelp beds, BIG rock !

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
I have not, yet.
I did get out on the water and talked to a few others who had been diving there. Some other nomads had brought a portable compressor in February but it wouldn't work. They spear-fished San Roque Island and near-shore.

San Roque looked to be an easy beach entry with some apparent structure just off-shore. Rocky outcrops, scattered kelp beds, BIG rock !

Thanks again Diver. Sounds like some really pristine cold-water stuff. Hope to get there late summer. Saludos,

++Ken++
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 03:51 PM

Thanks David for answering the "how to get here" question as I don't have those maps at my fingertips and they are good ones..there will be a section on "how to get here" on the site soon as well. Anywone actually coming out I will give the full monty description on how to get here...for example an important point is to follow the power poles on the dirt road...there is a "Y" where it looks like you should go straught but it's best to follow the poles and hang left for a bit...once in town go as far as you can on the paved main street...right down the the ocean then turn left and go till ya see our ranch at the point...at the blowhole...we have a sailboat and a horse parked in front...can't miss it..or ask for Juan & shari's place.
Now the diving is amazing...luscious kelp forests, 90' steamship wreck at san roque island, great spearfishing...divers tell me it's spectacular...but no where to fill tanks so bring a compressor...we're looking for one too...maybe a Nomad will set up a dive shop here! Juan really looks forward to diving with you Ken. You can just walk off our beach at the B&B to dive or we can take you out to the islands too...hope to see you all soon

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
I have not, yet.

Thanks again Diver. Sounds like some really pristine cold-water stuff. Hope to get there late summer. Saludos,

++Ken++

From what we observed from shore you will have all the diving variety you want. Juan and Shari's hospitality is unmatched. We can't wait to return. We can't wait to see your photos of what's below!! Go , Ken , go! :biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2007 at 11:56 PM

Ken,

I can't wait to see your pics from Asuncion. We went out with Juan and mrsfish snorkeled and loved it. There is a very interesting cave that Juan showed us with an unsolved mystery. Railroad tracks under water in a cave.

You will really enjoy Juan, he literally grew up on one of those rocks!, knows every nook and cranny.

David,

I, and many others, who have U2U’d me about this, really enjoy and appreciate your posts. We are blessed with your generosity. Can I get another “got Baja” bumper sticker now?? I had not been to Baja for many years before our recent trip and your advice and maps were very helpful.

Hook,

I see why you chose the moniker. Man, oh, man! Oh, well, I suppose we all have bad days.

Shari,

I like the site, lots of work to get one of those up and running. I think it really does represent well what is there.

That is one beautiful Yellowtail that handsome guy has there. Glad to see it on the site.

Iflyfish
BFS
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2007 at 04:10 AM
felicitaciones

Hola,
Great site Shari. Congratulations, you must be pleased to have that online now.
Let the bookings roll in!!

Aq
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-14-2007 at 04:50 AM

aqbluegreen...
http://www.bluegreenadventures.com/
WOW!!!

Shari read this site Alec has...
He has thought about everything and put it in writing...
tell your webmaster to take a look...
this is what i was talking about when you emailed me about adding a link several weeks ago

if we were in chile... this would be a no brainer "link"

[Edited on 4-14-2007 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-14-2007 at 08:05 AM

First of all, thanks so much for all your comments...I will include Simons birthday bash pictures in the spanish immersion section...I'm getting lots more photos on everyday...bear with my poor web designer who I drive crazy I'm sure...Maybe I should have a separate BIKINI section eh guys....and girls, I can post more pics of Juan in his speedos!!
Regarding the sea lion snorkeling fun...well, we have never had a problem with these curious playful critters...they are juveniles who play with the boat and it is really fun....I guess it's like the divers here who freak out when they see a whale...whenever there is a report of orcas anywhere near here...the divers don't dive! thanks for your concern but ya know....lots of things can be dangerous...like driving on Highway 1!!! Guess it depends on your karma....and perhaps the barrio they come from...like east LA sea lions might be more gang like??? we watch carefully and it's pretty easy to determine an aggressive animal as opposed to a playful one and the boat is right next to the snorkelers...we do not feed or bait them and so they aren't nippy either....just curious.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-14-2007 at 11:09 AM

you're right shari...i'll be going over "the edge" soon:lol:

driving back for another task in a few weeks:no:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.