Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: EZ-UP Sale continues till end of April
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 01:19 PM
EZ-UP Sale continues till end of April

EZ-UP has opened a new factory direct showroom in south OC this month (there are 2 other outlets elsewhere).

The price savings over their list is 10%. Through the end of April, you can get an additional 10% off by using a coupon running in the LA Times in the LA and OC editions. Good for all their lines except the Bungalow series.

I'm pretty happy with my older Embassy model that I bought in a moment of desperation (headed to San Carlos, Sonora one June and my father-in-law lost his RV awning in a hellacious windstorm around Santa Fe, NM). We HAD to have something and the Nogales Walmart came to the rescue.

They have much nicer units with better canopy materials now. Of course, few shelters in this price range will stand up to strong winds, so beware. Lower em, if you're leaving camp.

EZ-UP has some nice new sandbags for anchoring the feet, too.

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 01:27 PM

Do you know where exactly that is Suelo??

I need a new one badly and will be behind the curtain next week..Thx.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 01:36 PM

I was at Sports Chalet in San Diego yesterday and noticed 10 x 10 EZ-UP for $69.95.

Zac

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 02:16 PM

Here's link to the outlet stores:

http://ezupdirect.com/ezup-outlet-stores.htm

Beware of really cheap versions of EZ-up knockoffs or even their own lower lines. Although I own an inexpensive one out of necessity, if I was buying now, i'd get one of the models with the commercial canopy material, the extension peak and the superstructure that doesnt follow the inside of the canopy up to the peak. The ones with superstructure that goes from the top of the legs to the top of other legs are stronger.

Also, avoid the ones with the legs that slant outward. That's intended to supply a little more strength and stability to units that are made of their lighter, weaker materials.

The south OC one is near O'Sheas Brewing, before you get to Mugs Away. It's the first strip mall past the Buick dealer.

[Edited on 4-19-2007 by Hook]

cbuzzetti
Nomad

Mood: Lookin for a vacation

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 02:57 PM

I had purchased a 12' x 12' Easy Up through Harbor Freight Tools last year. It was the real deal. They must make this one for them exclusively because it is not on the Easy Up site.
I just checked the HFT site and could not find it. I paid about $125 + shipping.
I will post item number if I can find it. This is the type with internal folding structure to peak. Legs are straight up and down. Came with nice rolling HD canvas bag.

BajaBuzz
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 03:04 PM
canopy canvas...I need some.

My boat shade canopy lost it's canvas...and I need to replace it. The A-frame roof measures 12' X 18'. The sides could hang down a couple feet to provide more shade...making the canvas 14' X 18' or so.

Does anybody know a good source in southern Baja? No quiero the blue tarp!

-0 a a a (Custom).jpg - 41kB

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 04:00 PM

Roger, the Home Depots and some Walmarts up here are now carrying the upgraded poly tarps (e.g. the blue tarps) with a much heavier coating on it (that seals the weave much better), the reinforced grommets, etc. They are generally gray in color and are much heavier duty that the "blue poo". I wont buy the blue ones, either.

Arent there Depots and any Wally's Worlds down there that a Nomad can check at?

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbuzzetti
I had purchased a 12' x 12' Easy Up through Harbor Freight Tools last year. It was the real deal. They must make this one for them exclusively because it is not on the Easy Up site.
I just checked the HFT site and could not find it. I paid about $125 + shipping.
I will post item number if I can find it. This is the type with internal folding structure to peak. Legs are straight up and down. Came with nice rolling HD canvas bag.

Yes, EZ-UP makes proprietary ones for specific retail outlets. Mine was a Walmart exclusive, the year I bought it. The guy at the outlet store said that this year, a model would be sold in a package with the screening, basic stakes, rolling case at Sam's Club. He didnt know what they would be going for.

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 05:04 PM

Got my 12'x12' at Dixiline Stores in San Diego. It was right at $100. Takes 3 people for easiest set-up, actually more so for fold up. Rolling case included. They don't like sand that well and the buttons are a little hard to press, other than that, it works very well.

I use it for shading for my table saw when using it as well as recreation.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 05:18 PM

Many people in La Ventana this year had these shelters.
Tubing supports and tarps for all sides.
I think they got them at Costco for under $200.
Add a floor and you have a summer house !!

canopy.jpg - 48kB
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 07:11 PM

Hey Pompano…

Try Harbor Freight or Northern Tool for your replacement top. Both have lots of canopy covers and tarps on their web sites…PLUS..lots of other cool stuff.

http://www.harborfreight.com

http://www.northerntool.com

I just bought some neat little LED FLASHLIGHTS in the Harbor Freight near me. They’re 4” long, have 9 LED’s, run on 3 AAA’s and have a sturdy Black metal case. Really bright and will run for a long time on the batteries. Just $3.99 on sale in the store til the end of the week. $4.99 online price (URL below)

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnu...

Miguelamo
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 07:20 PM

Gracias, AmoPescar..

Those are good sites for a lot of great stuff. If I haven't found anything here in Baja Sur soon, I will order from them and have it brought down.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 07:58 PM

Pompano

You can have what you want made here in La Paz, What I have been using is a white truck type tarp but poorer quality. Still very strong and will weather.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 08:36 PM

Do you guys use 303 Protectant at all down there? Is it available?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.