BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Start of house in Mulege for sale - not in flood zone, $3000 US
BajaBad
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2007 at 09:47 AM
Start of house in Mulege for sale - not in flood zone, $3000 US

Hope this is OK to post - have ímprovements´on our leased lot -- only $150 month lease for land, lowest in Mulege -- owner in mexican family with clear title.

Beautiful lot, next to an arroyo -- NOT affected by flood (I know, I was there all night watching it this past Sept!) -- with great walking trails, privacy. On side of river away from highway, so very quiet -- very nice american neighbors, only 8 or so lots alltogether so is quite, peaceful place. :)

Asking $3000 for the foundation and start of studio (basic block - best low-cost building material for the area - structure almost complete, around $700 to finish roof, etc.). Would be great for someone who wants a studio, bath, and nice spot for a trailer, or someone who wants to build a larger house.

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2007 at 12:48 PM

God I wish I could retire right now. I would love to get into something like this. Just put a few K into the building, pay low rent each month, ($150.00 x 12 months = $1,800.00 per year) and then laugh several years later in that I got my money's worth.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 07:31 AM

I'm just curoius...when you rent property like the one you are building on, do you have a long term lease? Is is notorized or anything? What kind of arrangement do you have with the owner?
Sirenita says she will rent her oceanfront property for $150 a month too in bahia asuncion so she can fix her car up!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 08:28 AM

A lease in Mexico, at best, is written for ten years minus one day. It's a serious legal document written by a notary. The notary isn't what we know in the states. It is a seriously powerful position. His/her word is law.
You could easily be offered any number of lease options such as, ten and ten, ten and fifty or whatever but a notary wont do that. Anything over ten years is unenforcible in court.

Shari ..... I'm sure you know all this. I just felt like talking.
Tiomiguel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 09:22 AM

Interesting post on leasing land. HMMMM, might work out in the end pretty good if it saves the cost of a fidecomiso, but depends on how much it costs to get it done by the notary. I don't think Shari knew or thought of this alternative. I would think that once you got one of these done that it would be pretty easy to copy for others.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 10:29 AM

Here in the Ensenada area, many if not most land owners don't want to lease their land. They don't want to sell it either which leaves the tenent to enter into a relationship called [ by nobody inparticular ] the Rental Agreement. No better or worse than a handshake. That's how the beachcamps have operated forever.

A point worth mentioning ------ One can't enter into any type of contract and expect protection without being legal in Mexico.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 10:38 AM

Tiomiguel -----

Went back through your post and was stopped in my tracks by your last sentence, about copying a lease agreement. I hope you didn't mean that literraly. No telling how illegal that would be.
To give you an idea of the stature of the Notary in Mexico, they first have to have been a judge in the system and they are very few in numbers. I'm guessing at this but, I don't think there are a half dozen in Ensenada. Maybe fewer. They are not to be messed with.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Here in the Ensenada area, many if not most land owners don't want to lease their land. They don't want to sell it either which leaves the tenent to enter into a relationship called [ by nobody inparticular ] the Rental Agreement. No better or worse than a handshake. That's how the beachcamps have operated forever.

A point worth mentioning ------ One can't enter into any type of contract and expect protection without being legal in Mexico.

And to have legal standing a lease must also be registered so that taxes are paid on income received. All parties must must comply with the law. A dishonest landlord knows this and will use it to his/her advantage. Because of this, most rental agreements/land leases aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Usually, the only recourse is having a thorough knowledge of eviction procedure and possession rights.

Most Gringos don't... and landlords count on it. ;D

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 11:05 PM

So Dave, what is the eviction procedure and possession rights in Mexico for an American??? This would definately be of interest to a number of us:yes:??? Thanks, bajafun777

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 06:59 AM

thanks Lencho for all the good ideas! I really didn't know squat about the leasing bit which is why I asked. Very interesting though....with whom do you register a lease?? I had no idea that a more than ten year lease is illegal either. I always hear about foreigner leasing land and wondered about it. I"ve heard lots of horror stories about when people have an agreement with " an amigo I've known a long time". I also think you need to consider what happens if this amigo passes away?? or has an accident and has to pay a huge bill, or his kid needs legal services to keep ;him out of jail and so he has to sell or give his properties to a lawyer, etc. etc....so scary...but hey, lifes a risk anyway. But I think the fidecomiso is a good way to go...unless the banks go down! but this thread could shed alot of light on a popular thing to do in baja....lease.

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:23 AM

Shari, I think you have the right idea. If you want to own property in Mexico it is best to have a Mexican significant other.:biggrin: Are your children Mexican citizens? Because that would be another good option. Then again, I have that same option.:spingrin:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
So Dave, what is the eviction procedure and possession rights in Mexico for an American???

For an American living legally it's the same as for a National. The landlord would have better luck with a twelve foot crowbar and a barrel of elbow grease. ;D

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:54 AM

Si señor..Juan and Sirenita are mexican and are the land barons of the family. I will be soon too, mexican that is...but we hate to sell some of our lots but leasing might be an option but is shrouded in distrust and confusion for both parties.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
If you want to own property in Mexico it is best to have a Mexican significant other.:biggrin:

Isn't this what you meant?

If you want your Mexican significant other to own property.... :lol:

coconaco
Nomad

Mood: respooled

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
So Dave, what is the eviction procedure and possession rights in Mexico for an American??? This would definately be of interest to a number of us:yes:??? Thanks, bajafun777

Maybe we could revisit the Doc Thadeus threads?:no:

THE MINNOW must be lost!!!!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.