Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: AUXILIO...Sirenita needs shocking
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 06:59 AM
AUXILIO...Sirenita needs shocking

:o This is a plea to any southbound Nomad who wants to help Sirenita get shocked. Her papa gave her 2,000 pesos to get badly needed shocks for her little car and here she can barely get 2 for that. She really needs them so she can come home and visit her dear mama who misses her terribly.:( She has a Toyota celica 1989 and if anyone can bring her down shocks for it, she would be sooo happy:bounce: You can drop them off at Los Caracoles Hotel at the entrance to
Guerrero Negro and she has the $$$ waiting. So, is it possible to get 4 shocks for that in gringolandia???

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 07:16 AM

i recently got shocks for a buddy (toyota)

they were about $60 each min...
10.8 pesos to the dollar thats...
648 pesos each

4 x 648pesos = 2592 pesos

thats another paycheck gone....

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 08:37 AM

Have you been driving between Puertocitos and Gonzaga recently?....:lol:
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 11:01 AM

I looked at Auto Zone's site. The cheapest front shocks are Arvins @ $39.00. It says that gas shocks are priced individually and air shocks come in pairs, so I don't know about Sirenita's case. Gabriels are $49.00. http://www.autozone.com/N,14600660//shopping/partTypeResultS...

Rear shocks are $59.99 for Gabriels. Again, there is the 2 air shocks vs. 1 gas shock for the price question.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 11:48 AM

let's do the math...

kalifornia price...

fronts 39.99
rear 63.99
tax 16.23
total 224.19
10.8 pesos to the dollar
2422 pesos

that's still another weeks paycheck
welcome to the workforce ;)

our website is:
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 01:10 PM

Check e-bay. I recently got new bilstens for my toyota 4x4 for 228 dollars all around. I don't know if they will fit your celica, but they probably have some that will. I'll give it a quick check.

I bet this guy carries them. 185 includes free shipping and no tax. You just need to find someone heading south in a week or so.

[Edited on 22-4-2007 by Minnow]

[Edited on 23-4-2007 by Minnow]

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:22 AM

thanks for that minnow...I know that possibly some of you think $50 difference is nothing... but that is a weeks pay to Sirenita...so we were just hoping that in your wonderful country that there might be a better deal...plus it's fun to make new friends with the folks helping her out. Our dear friend and mentor Iflyfish has taught us to what he calls...."put it out there...and the universe will respond"...so this is not just shameless begging for help but a karmic lesson so wisely passed on by the flyfishers. Back and forth several times on our road quickly destroyed her old shocks and I love it she now has a car and can come home on weekends. Too bad the governor doesn't come more often so they grade the road so it's a smooth ride for his car to be brought in...(he flies in and his entourage brings his fancy car up) sooo, air or gas shocks???

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:26 AM

Looked on ebay yesterday. For a 1989 Celica they were over $200. will keep looking.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:28 AM

simple gas shocks...stock

remember toyota spent MILLIONS developing the ride:light:

air shocks take work...not for "the girls"
they won't last
they leak eventually...just a pain

$50 IS alot of money everywhere...
things just cost more now
we still live with the 70's pricing in our mind...it's horrible:o

our website is:
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:41 AM

Shari, not that you need to explain yourself, but I don't think there is a person on this board who would not help your charming daughter if they could. I know she won me over when someone made some negative comment and she wrote something to the effect that if they have a problem with her mom they were going to have to go through her first. It brought a tear to my eye. Combine that with her going to school and working, not because she has to, but because she wants a few extra things. Man, I love a woman with ambition. Some day she is going to make someone very happy. Congratulations to you for being such a great parent.:bounce:

I deleted the ebay link because it was messing up the thread.

[Edited on 23-4-2007 by Minnow]

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2007 at 07:49 AM

thanks for that too Minnow...Sirena couldn't get to the computer to do this and I told her I'd help...she's the best daughter in the world and has a ton of ambition...a Nomad Axel is coming this weekend if we can find her some shocks maybe they can bring them down.

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 05:40 PM

hi everyone...ok ok so i have been a little lost with work and school and all that...but here i am again so first of all thank's for all your help and minnow ambition for a woman here in mexico can be real good but only if you have the guts to go through with your plans no matter the cost (not $$ wise)...i guess i've learnt to balance between going after what i want and going after what i need...and mom's right a 50 dll. difference is all the difference in the world...at least to us, since things here cost lots and wages aren't that good...so anything we can save up is good...you know i don't think i would have said all this if i wasn't working and paying for stuff with my own money...instead i would have been whining at mom as to why she doesn't buy them herself and save the internet time...jk lol but now i know that life costs...no matter how much we try to save it stil isn't enough there is always something more we "have to have" but i guess once we get in to the habit of thinking ahead and figuring things out on our own we get the hang of it!!! so this is me saying thankyou to everyone for being so helpful and supportive...you know just today a while ago when i was on my way to work i went to drop of a friend at a lunch she had to go to with her mom and just as i was turning the corner i saw a lady with a little boy and she started waving her hands but i couldn't hear her so i turned down the music (don't worry mom it wasn't that loud) and asked what was the matter, she came up to the car and asked em if i could give her a ride downtown witch was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my way since work was jsut a couple of blocks away...i had never seen her before so i was naturally a little spooked but i saw the kid and i told her to get in, that i was o my way to work but i could spare a few minutes to give her a ride...as soon as the door to the car closed she started throwing roses (figurativley) and saying nice things and telling me that if she saw me again she would give me something and since her husband is a dentist she said that he would give me a free session and so on...i was kind of wierded out but i thought hey...there was a kid on the side of the road and i stopped so he could cross and here we go again with the shower of compliments and blah blah blah lol...not that they weren't nice but it was just kind of disconcerting having a complete stranger saying these things...so when i dropped them of we said our goodbyes and that was that and when i was pulling out of the parking space thay walked accross the street and the little boy look back smiled waved and blew me a kiss!!! i mean this little thing had to be max like 4 or 5 years old...it was so cute and i can tell you it made me feel AWSOME it just goes to show you that doing one small thing for someone else is rewarded ahundred times better!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 05:45 PM

Good deeds don't go unrewarded.... Good for you Sirena!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 05:48 PM

lol...that's for sure...um i nead a new avatar can anyone help me with a few ideas???

Visit me at
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 09:34 PM

Well a sirena will fit your name , but is allready taken by Bajagirl..? if I come up with something I will let you know

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
torinoso1

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 05:54 PM
no problem

I can get you the shocks for the 2000 pesos. I need to know if your car is "GT", "GTS" or"ST". I am coming down the 17th of June or I can ship them to someone else that is going down sooner.
Let me know,Eric
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 5-2-2007 at 06:53 PM

o0o0h thank you soooo much, um itīs a toyota celica 1989 GT i think i'll check in a minute as soon as i get off and i'll come back and tell you for sure...that would be awsome i can pay you when they get here or send the money what ever you want thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!

Visit me at
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2007 at 12:26 AM

Shari wrote "Iflyfish has taught us to what he calls...."put it out there...and the universe will respond"..."

:spingrin:

I'd blow kisses at you any day kiddo! That five year old has taste!

As a Psychotherapist working with individuals, couples and families I learned how important it is to let ourselves and others know what we we really need and want. By being clear with ourselves and others we can help others love and care for us in the way that we need/want and that feels good to us as well as to them. These are very important life lessons.

Most of us are raised with the guessing game, that it is not ok to know and ask for what we want. For many people there is a social taboo against this sort of clarity. By knowing what you wanted, i.e. the shocks, you were able to put it out there and torinoso1 was able to help get those for you.

My mother was raised to never ask for what she wanted. I never knew if what I gave her was what she really wanted or not. If I asked her what she wanted her reply was always "nothing". If I gave her something nice, or what I thought was nice, her response was always "you shouldn't have". I left myself feeling like I could never "get it right" with her. This is not an uncommon story, I know that this dynamic exists in many parent/child and couples relationships. Not knowing and not asking for what we want sets us and those close to us up with the potential of a lot of unresolved wants/needs and feelings. It is wonderful when others can intuit what we want/need, but one cannot count on that in our relationships. After our infancy we need to learn how to articulate our needs and feelings. Many never learn this lesson. There are often familial and cultural taboos against this sort of clarity.

I know that you like to help people. You have helped me. I have seen you help others and your report of the lady you picked up is another example of this. It feels good to be able to help and it is helpful to know what people really want. Sometime it is surprising what people really want.

Since I have developed my mobility problems I have had to ask for help. It was hard at first and then noticed that people really like to help and it is helpful for them to know what exactly will help. I ask people now to open heavy doors for me. I sometimes ask people to carry something for me. I asked Juan to put a back rest in his panga so I could fish comfortably for an entire day. I notice that people genuinely feel good about helping when I ask and I remember so many times in my own life wanting to help someone else and not knowing what would be helpful to them. It is good to know.

I am pleased that you will be getting the shocks and know that torinoso1 will have the great pleasure of meeting you.

After twenty five years as a bachelor I managed to meet Mrsflyfish on Match.com. I am a fortunate man indeed and Match.com was a great exercise in getting very clear about what I didn't want/wanted and required me to put it out there. I am so glad that I did. I am so glad that she did also.

I am honored that your mother would have taken in what I said to her and would share that with you and with the Nomads.

Iflyfish
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 5-4-2007 at 12:29 PM

Nice story little Siren, thanks for sharing. I will be driving through GN the 23 of this month. I can drop the shocks off at your work, if we can figure out how to get them to me. I will be leaving Las Vegas the 22nd, spending one night at our place in Cantu, then heading south the next day.

Also, Shari, the offer still stands on the Penn 9/0 with the broomstick fishing pole if it won't be too late by then.

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2007 at 10:54 AM

Thanks for that little refresher Iflyfish...you really have made an impact on all our lives with your philosophy which I totally agree with..oh by the way Sirenita, for mothers day I would like a plant...maybe bougenvillia?or roses? the guy who gave you Vanilla has nice ones!
Minnow...awesome...sirena cant drive our road without new shocks so getting them sooner is terrific and you will love meeting Sirena...too bad you can't come out and visit us too! And Juan would love you forever if he could get his hands on that rod and reel! He had a line on another one but the guy changed his mind. Way to help out NOmads!

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.