Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 07:57 AM

Dern said it was La Costa in La Ribera.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 12:18 PM

Paulina ----

Just saw Dern a little while ago at Paty's. He was buying a bag of breakfast burritos, a couple for you, he said. He also said the cooler was full of fish so he'd have to leave them up on the dashboard till he got home.
I know you're gonna love'em.
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 12:49 PM

Thanks Paulina, 20 days until Im driving south!
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Paulina ----

Just saw Dern a little while ago at Paty's. He was buying a bag of breakfast burritos, a couple for you, he said. He also said the cooler was full of fish so he'd have to leave them up on the dashboard till he got home.
I know you're gonna love'em.

Oh Yum! I hope he remembered to get some of that tasty salsa in the plastic baggie too! By the time it gets here after 10 hrs. of sitting on the dashboard it should be all frothy y foamy, just how I like it!
You know, I'm kinda mad at him in regards to the bringing the fish home catagory. Why did I have to hook up with a catch and release fish snob anyway? I keep telling him there's got to be someone we can pawn it off on so we can feel like the big hunter gatherers in town.
My loss.
So, save some of that coffee and a few lies for me. I'll be there in 3 weeks.
P<*)))><
ps. Are Fred's and Carson's pics back up yet?

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 01:04 PM

Paulina, best have him stop by here and make room in the cooler for your burritos. Food poisoning is no picnic. :biggrin::dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 01:06 PM

Elgatoloco,
Always looking out for your amigos! Just think of the boost that belated breakfast at dinnertime will do to my diet!!

See you soon too, oh, and photos of your hairy kids would be welcome!

P<*)))><

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 02:11 PM

Paulina ------

That line about the full cooler was a blatant lie. I don't know what's in the cooler. Should be Pacifico.

Pictures are still where they were last time. Things move slowly around here. Maybe when you get here, we can get a box of beer and hang them.

See you guys when you get here.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 02:24 PM

A blatant lie? :spingrin:I know how it is....because you happen to be a member of the Liar's Club you are familliar with using the number two rule... Deny,deny,deny! "I don't know what's in the cooler." :yes:

I'm glad to hear that Fred and Carson are still on the floor. I'll bring the hammer. Should we ask for permission to put back them up, or forgiveness afterwards?

P<*)))><

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 02:28 PM

Whatever we do, we'll just lie about it. Don't worry....we'll just do it. I can round up a lot of Picarsón's masterpieces. This just has to be done.
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2007 at 03:25 PM
Parcela 12...

This is a great spot to eat that's located at KM 16 just South of San Quintin & on the way to El Rosario. Excellent food...and so much to choose from. Fresh tortillas made right there on the spot, cubed ranch cheese at your table, and dishes ranging from bistec ranchero, to crab, fish tacos, machaca, squash...all kinds of good suff. There's no menus, they'll tell you what they got and they'll open the lids on all the various pots and pans so you can have a look. It's great "home cooking". Very nice folks too. It's our favorite place to stop.

They're closed Sundays but open 6:30 am - 8:30 pm Monday thru Saturday.

If you'd like to see more info & pics, here's a link

More on Parcela 12

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. -- Gandhi

http://www.bahiadelosangeles.info
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2007 at 03:34 PM

We have seen Parcela 12 many a time, but it seems we are always blowing by early or late. We will make a point to stop next time. I have alwasy been curious about the name 'Parcela 12', any ideas?

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2007 at 04:09 PM
In Todos and La Paz

In La Paz, it's Rancho Viejo couple blocks before the Malecon and one block up from that intersection.

Todos it's Chilako's across from the bookstore, or Barraja's, leaving town up from the Pemex. Their Pappa Relenas are the best anywhere. Chilako's Torta is equally good.

:cool:
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2007 at 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
In La Paz, it's Rancho Viejo couple blocks before the Malecon and one block up from that intersection.

Todos it's Chilako's across from the bookstore, or Barraja's, leaving town up from the Pemex. Their Pappa Relenas are the best anywhere. Chilako's Torta is equally good.

:cool:

I know i shouldn't say this, but twice i have tried Rancho Viejo and gotten sick, if any of you guys have better stomachs than this Mexican, go for it.

I miss all the great Tacos of northern Baja.:no:

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-4-2007 at 06:55 AM

JESSE

I never have gotten sick at Rancho Viejo, but don't care for their food.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2007 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
JESSE

I never have gotten sick at Rancho Viejo, but don't care for their food.

Theres something about Taco stands that pre-grill their beef and put it in containers to be used later that i don't like. I like my beef grilled right in front of me.

Gnome-ad
Nomad

Mood: Okey-Dokey

[*] posted on 6-5-2007 at 12:04 PM

Had to read this thread because I'm heading down soon. Lots of great info for the northern part of the trip. Thanks to all of you.
And in Todos, I agree with Lee. Tacos Chilakos and Barrajas are fabulous. The papas at Barrajas may only be available in the evenings. (We each get one and then have leftovers in the morning). Salsas and accompaniments vary from day to day, but always yummy. Barrajas is closed on Tuesdays. Chilakos is closed mysterious times.

Have to say I have only had one disappointing taco in Baja and can't remember where. I love the food in Baja.

I know this is a taco stand thread, but I have to say the tamales we've gotten along the road south end of Ensenada are great, too!:yes:

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well. - Ancis
pangamadness
Nomad

Mood: Under H20

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 01:58 PM
Tacos El Poblano

This is a favorate stand for my wife and I. It is in Maneadero Between the La Bufadora TRN and the Pemex to the south. Any one else ever try it?

[Edited on 7-16-2007 by pangamadness]

25th Anniversary Trip Feb 2006 273.jpg - 29kB
pangamadness
Nomad

Mood: Under H20

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 01:59 PM
Another look

I know there are other ones with the same name but this one is really good!. I have posted info on it before. I have GPS #s if needed.

[Edited on 7-16-2007 by pangamadness]

25th Anniversary Trip Feb 2006 287.jpg - 31kB
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 02:25 PM

I believe the El Poblano/Los Poblanos discussion is somewhere upthread. I am a patron of the latter. Had one of their quesotacos a week ago Sunday -- juice from the meat, cheese and toppings (con todo -- guacamole, salsa, onions, cilantro and beans) ran down my arm to my elbow. Mmmmm. Only one needed, though, and I rounded things out with two tacos de carne.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2007 at 03:03 PM

Quesotacos should replace the eagle on the flag of Mexico........even if the eagle does taste like chicken. When did they enter into the realm of national identity here?
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.