BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: Best Taco Stands Thread
rome778

[*] posted on 4-24-2008 at 12:29 AM

i love this thread cause i love tacos! didnt think the fish tacos in rosarito were any good but they were absolutely great. light and tasty. and it seems like every taco stall in the seafood market in ensenada serves really fresh fish cause they dont leave that gross fishy aftertaste :D

If you want more news, city guides and information on Baja, visit my site at http://www.baja.com
bajaumpaw
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2008 at 07:09 AM

If you are in Houston, Texas and get the "cravins" for some good fish tacos, Johnny Tamale Cantina on S Beltway 8 near Hwy 45 has some that are fantastic. I sit back in the corner eating my tacos, chasing them with a margarita and thinking about being in Loreto. How sweet it is!!!!
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2008 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaumpaw
If you are in Houston, Texas and get the "cravins" for some good fish tacos, Johnny Tamale Cantina on S Beltway 8 near Hwy 45 has some that are fantastic. I sit back in the corner eating my tacos, chasing them with a margarita and thinking about being in Loreto. How sweet it is!!!!
I would stop and eat there just cause of the name! :)
GRIS1210

tongue.gif posted on 7-24-2008 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by DERN
Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
In El Sauzal I like El Trailero. They have fish and beef, and both are equally as good.

In Mandeadero it has to be El Recreo. Huge tacos, superior meat, and the atmosphere is spectacular. :spingrin: That is if you like watching all the rigs heading south with happy campers on board.

I agree with you on both points. We also like birria at the stand next to Ma. Lousia's in Maneadero.

Dern,Dern,Dern

Welcome aboard amigo! Can't wait until the BIG carne asada roundup on cinco de julio at EL RECREO!!

:cool:
I AGREE IF U R TALKING ABOUT THE TACOS PLACE I THINK IT IS THEY R VERY GOOD!!!! DO U LIVE OUT THERE????? ANY ONE WHO DOES???
GRIS1210

[*] posted on 7-24-2008 at 02:27 PM

SOME ONE WHO LIVES IN EL SAUZAL BY EL TRAILERO TACO SHOP!!!!:biggrin:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-24-2008 at 02:37 PM

The best of anything is only a judgement call, subject to an individuals testes/tastes or other sensations at that particular point in time.:D
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-24-2008 at 08:12 PM
ay, JESUS!!!!!!

not this thread again! i hate having to DECIDE where to stop based on direction of travel, time of day and JONES FACTOR for a particular taco joint. like cypress said, "there ain't no best". too many variables.

but i do have a list i can count on one hand.....depending on....:P

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 7-24-2008 at 09:02 PM
Oh, Woody

Center please and focus. Follow your inner zen and choose a place to enjoy and satisfy your desires.
(Yoda emoticon needed here.) :tumble: :tumble: :tumble:

[Edited on 7-25-2008 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2008 at 09:27 PM

There's a new one here in Loreto. I don't think it has a name, but it's on Madero, kitty-corner from Super Pan Garcia, behind a green lattice fence. Open in the evening, after 7pm. It's pretty, with nice tables and chairs and tablecloths under a palapa with rope lights. All that decor with taco prices! The tacos al pastor are FANTASIC!!! They have hamburgers too, and tacos de carne asada and tripa. Try the gringa -- new one on me-- al pastor meat with cheese and grilled onion and pineapple between 2 tortillas-- delicious!

Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.