Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: July temp in Loreto, Baja Sur
laurfar

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 08:32 AM
July temp in Loreto, Baja Sur

Hi,
We are scheduled to be in Loreto for two weeks in the middle to end of July. No way out of it. This is not a vacation, so no way round it. Can someone tell me how hot and how humid to expect it to be. Does it cool down at night. We will be staying with friends who live right next to the Sea of Cortez, will that make it a little cooler?
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 09:28 AM

HOT, HOT, HOT

Humidity will depend upon the what's happening with tropical storms in the area. July is early hurricane season, so it will be sticky.

I was camping in the area one summer and I had to sleep outside. Sweat rolling off my body and little tiny bugs buzzing in my ear and biting me. I high tailed it for the Pacific side.

Find air conditioning.

See the following link towards the bottom of the page for AVERAGE temperatures. No humidity numbers for Loreto but there are for La Paz. Pretty much the same.

95 day, 72 night, 70% humidity

http://www.bajainsider.com/weather/inside-weather_history.ht...
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 09:36 AM

If no A/C you must sleep naked, that's for sure.
Bob H

[Edited on 5-9-2007 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 09:43 AM

When the real heat of summer comes, many people who have no air conditioning sleep wrapped in a wet sheet with a fan running if they have one.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 10:02 AM

laurfar,

I looked up the weather history for the last 3 years at weatherunderground.com for Loreto for the 3rd week of july.

2006 high 98 low 86 hum 75-45%
2005 high 94 low 83 hum 80-60%
2004 high 92 low 82 hum 75-60%

Hope this helps, one July we spent alot of time driving around with the air on!:o:o:o

Ken

Looking at the above I'm rethinking global warming.:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-9-2007 by tripledigitken]
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 11:15 AM

Still want to go?......:?:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 11:38 AM

Sounds good to me! Was born and raised down in the deep south with one foot in the Gulf of Mexico and the other in the marsh.:yes:Been knocking around in the northwest for a while. Would rather sweat than freeze. I'm heading as far south as I can get.:spingrin: Gonna trade my chainsaws for fishing reels!;)
Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 03:11 PM

Cypress.........................when you pass thru Salmon, ID say "Hi" to my brother-in-law. He would love to trade his saw for a beach.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 03:41 PM

Fred, Salmon's a neat place.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 07:26 PM

ay ay ay!! hot and humid...not nic ehot but humid icky sweaty hot...come to asuncion it's warm and th ewater is pretty refreshing (as not to say cold!!!) hehe cheaper lol...not on the gulf but so??

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 10:27 PM

If you have AC at night you will be fine. Don't let 'em scare you off. You will probably be on the water alot anyway, and it's not like you are wearing a shirt and tie. There are a lot of babies about the weather on this site.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 12:16 AM

only thing hotter then the weather is the fishing worth every drop of sweat

jerry and judi
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
If you have AC at night you will be fine. Don't let 'em scare you off. You will probably be on the water alot anyway, and it's not like you are wearing a shirt and tie. There are a lot of babies about the weather on this site.

OH YEAH? BABIES?

Let me tell you, it gets so hot I saw John McCain chasing Osama bin Laden past McLulu's tacos. It gets hotter than Paris Hilton's jail cell. It's so hot here the US is building a big wall to keep the refugees out.

Do you know where the name "Loreto" came from? Do you? It's not Mexican, it's Italian! Like Dante! Does that name ring a bell?

Nothing is worth the summer heat of Loreto. Nothing.

except the fishing

:biggrin:

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 07:03 AM

I like the shock of driving with the A/C on all the way down to Conception Bay and then stepping out of the truck for the first time. :lol:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 07:30 AM

Don Alley wins the baby rattle for sure!
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 10:00 AM

Who cares how hot it gets in July...you can always go diving, and underwater it's a lot cooler.

The weatherunderground temperature histories are always helpful, but bear in mind that the effective temperature...the way it feels...can be a lot higher. I do remember a July when it was 107 on the thermometer!
laurfar

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 10:01 AM

Thanks for all the info. I am trying to get out of going......we'll see what happens.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 10:17 AM

it's hot. it's humid. I live here 9 months a year, and wait until I just can't stand it any more to head north. usually mid July. I'm off the grid, no electricity, no ac, so thinking about another four months of the heat is too much. I head north to.....Phoenix. where it's 110-120 degrees. it's a dry heat is a truism!!!! I'm fine there. of course I have ac, refrig, ice maker, all the luxuries of electricity...

I really start to resent the humidity, as I love everything else about the place and would like to stay all year.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elizabeth
Who cares how hot it gets in July...you can always go diving, and underwater it's a lot cooler.

The weatherunderground temperature histories are always helpful, but bear in mind that the effective temperature...the way it feels...can be a lot higher. I do remember a July when it was 107 on the thermometer!

The days are never the problem. Wear a hat, drink plenty of frosty liquids, an occasional dip in water.

It's the nights without A/C that will get you, if the T-storms are around.

Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2007 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Don Alley wins the baby rattle for sure!

Hooray! I Win!

I'll need that rattle, and a pacifier, when I have to leave this summer. I hate leaving Loreto in the summer, the best time of the year here.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.