Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mooning the Camp
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-17-2007 at 08:09 PM
Mooning the Camp

From Mi Baja No Hurry No Worry

A little early this week because my grandson has me building a new home for his Iguana tomorrow.

At a point in time our beach was a Mecca for campers from all over California—and parts of Arizona. It was the place to be on any holiday weekend! It was not at all unusual for us to have as many as 200 campers directly in front of our normally peaceful homes! Three wheelers, quads, motorcycle, and dune buggy’s roared from Clams Beach to Angels Camp non-stop. Oh! Yea! They did stop at the Cantina for a round of ‘slammers’ after every couple of circuits. Then they would all be off in a cloud of dust. This went on until 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning.

It was humorous to watch people wander over behind the dunes to relieve themselves. They would look up and down the beach to make sure that no one was looking, then they would squad and go. Unfortunately, the women would always leave those little white tissues to dot the beach until a strong wind could blow them away. After a while it got to be disgusting to be “MOONED” by people who apparently didn’t even see all of the houses looking down on their bare butts. Once several campers parked directly in front of my house and the first thing they did was dig a hole in the sand, behind the dunes, and erect a two-sided privacy screen. Yes! You got it—the open side faced our home.

That evening Lu Ann and I had a few people over to watch the sunset and have a few drinks. This was a routine in camp. We all enjoyed looking for the ‘green flash’ as the sun sank into the Pacific. It was our one moment of serenity and peace in an otherwise ‘hectic’ day in camp. Soon our attention and conservation became focused on the two sided ‘privacy screen.’ We were all wondering how the people on the beach could possible miss the fact that all of us had balcony seats looking down upon their sand boxes.

Well! After a few drinks I decided to do something to let them know that they were littering our view of the sunset. I got out my rocket launcher; we all had them for setting off fireworks. Carefully, I sighted it in on the privacy screen and fired off a Roman candle.

A perfect shot—it landed just short of a guy who was squatting there. Suddenly he 'noticed' us! He yanked up his shorts and came running up the path; screaming at the top of his lungs. We were all laughing so hard we could hardly understand what he was saying. He had one arm in a cast and he was waving about it over his head while he held his pants up with his other hand. As he got to the top of the stairs, a very proper Peggy Reagle arose and greeted him with—“Well, just T-S, just T-S young man! You just may NOT continue to chit in our front yards!”

The guy looked around, then down at his half-mast pants. He turned and left without comment. You must know that no drunken young guy is a match for a not so prim and proper, retired, third grade teacher.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2007 at 10:03 AM

:lol: LMAO - especially about being mooned!!
amir
Senior Nomad

Mood: chiropractic

[*] posted on 5-19-2007 at 12:51 AM

Great Story and well written.
Will go look for other stories you posted. I enjoyed this one a lot. Thanks!

--Amir

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-19-2007 at 06:34 AM

where's the picture bernie????

i have trouble reading without pictures:biggrin:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 5-19-2007 at 08:13 AM
amir

Just go to Baja Looking Back and you will find all of the stories, up to this chapter, from my first book Mi Baja No Hurry No Worry...................my other books are on my website below.

Glad you enjoyed the story! Hearing things like that make it worthwhile to post the stories.

Bob and Susan.....sorry! Story's are free but you gotta buy the book to get the pictures.....Just too much trouble to post the pictures because of the way the system is set up. :D:D:D:D

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 5-19-2007 at 08:39 AM

Bernie, seen the same thing in San Felipe when we use to stay at our friend's house on the beach. In order to slow it down in front of his house he use to allow the people to use his attached outside bathroom that also had a shower in it. He had a lot of people sometimes rolling back and forth but he also got a lot of beer and other alcohol gifts from those using it. I don't know how many times we would wake up and go up on top to drink our morning coffee and look out at half or totally naked beach goers that just had one tough night of partying and ended up on blankets outside of their tents. Now, we only looked down at them with one eye as the sun sometimes got in our eyes:lol:. They all seemed to cleanup after themselves when using the bathroom ok and he had a lady come in Mondays that put it all back the way it was. The ocean water is always warmer in San Felipe than Rosarito or Ensenada and had even seen some whales back in the early 80s in the area. The worst part was after most people left the beach they left their trash and that just ain't right. Later, bajafun777

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 5-19-2007 at 10:56 AM
Bajafun

Guess it was basically the same all over Baja.......In the beginning, when folks only had outhouses the beach go'ers were allowed to use them until they burned one.

The trash was unbelievable and the 'pampers' were the worst. My neighbor and I would end up making about seven bonfires after each major holiday......The pamper like stuff would never burn.

We put an end, for a few years, to the all night rides by bribing a unit of the federal government to impound about three off road vehicles..............that news spread like wildfire all over California and Arizona and they went elsewhere for a few years.

It was all fun and even more fun to write about so others could share those no more moments.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2007 at 12:36 PM

Pretty crappy deal, Bernie. I wouldn't want that going on in front of my house either.
Things are getting better but, loaded disposable diapers use to roll around Gigante parking lot like bowling balls. It almost turned into a sport.

Thanks again, Bernie.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.