> material you responsibly removed from your "Nomad Discussion Board",
> will no longer be tolerated at any level and will be met by severe
> litigation. We are in the process to communicate this to the party
> responsible for the posts, as discussed in your phone conversation
> with Mr. Overcast.
>
> Thank you,
> Gearge Stevens, Esq.

Your client is no longer welcome, nor permitted on my property at bajanomad.com. Any future trespass will be forced interference with my property and rights.

The threat of "severe litigation" upon myself, disregards and/or breaches his agreement with me, and thusly his account and access permissions are rescinded.

I regret that I am not overly impressed by the Raspberry awards your client is receiving from the Baja California community.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

[Edited on 2-14-2004 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 2-14-2004 at 02:49 PM

btw...

That thread was removed from the forum because it violated the rules herein, being self-serving commercial drivel.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2004 at 03:27 PM

Es un pendejo.;)
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 2-14-2004 at 06:57 PM
Un-****-believable!

(self-censored :lol: )

Thanks for taking out the garbage and giving him the boot!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-14-2004 at 07:09 PM
The saga continues...

> Your personal comments regarding Mr. Overcast are duly noted.
>
> We will follow the activity on your "Board" with interest.
> Obviously, your take on our view of the "poster" in question,
> regarding future litigation, is something you do not like. Your
> personal comment regarding my client and twisting a 'thank you' into
> your own personal vendetta are now part of the record.
>
> Mr. Overcast was named an "Amigo de Baja California", by the
> government, the State of Baja California, Mexico, in 1999, among
> others. Hardly a "rasberry". In addition to the "pee off" response
> from your moderator, such comments portray an attitiude toward my
> client and his business that we take very seriously.
>
> I would suggest that you scrape up the money and seek counsel to
> determine what you have to risk, if you and your posters keep up
> such activity. Mr. Means, you have taken a thank you from me and
> turned it into everlasting scrutiny. I am sure a jury would see you
> are living up to your name.
>
> George Stevens, Esq.
>
>
> cc: Michael Overcast

Mr. Stevens,

A) Permission for yourself and/or any associates, to access my personal property ("Board" as you put it, "Server" as I would), including for purposes of "monitoring," is hereby revoked.
B) What you think is obvious, apparently only is to you.
C) You and Mike are the only ones on some vendetta. I have none, nor have a motive for such, unlike yourselves.
D) Let the record show that you have no problem misquoting me from the start. Rasberry?
E) Apparently your client doesn't take the customer service portion of his business very seriously, or there wouldn't be so many unhappy customers voicing such emotional opinions. I ran a search on "Mike Overcast" on Google today, and it appears this is a consistent problem for him.
F) The only person twisting words here sir, is you. For your own personal agenda.

--
Doug Means

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-14-2004 at 07:11 PM

http://www.bajanet.com/general_archive41/_general22/0000066a...

Conservation of Server Space - Adios Overcast
Remote Name: 4.63.62.23
Date: June 04, 2002
Time: 01:29 AM

Comments
I always treat server space as a valuable commodity, but especially when this discussion center exceeds the 300k mark. To be blunt, the "me vs. them" drivel which is consistently posted on this board by Mike Overcast of "baja ******" has lost all of its interest (assuming it ever had any). You will note that I conserved some server space by eliminating those tired threads that Mike continues to keep on life support.

I apologize for the late archive, but I promise to get it done before this work week is over.

Eric

Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2004 at 09:54 PM
I hope that the fact that Earle Robitalle kicked somebody off his board.....

isn't necessarily considered justification to do so. I've always counted on you to do better than that, Doug. I don't follow many of Mike's posts, but some I've found informative and none offensive from the ones I did see.

Maybe I'm just sensitive, having been the victim of a lynching hosted by Mr. Robitaille et. al. He took the opportunity after ditching me from his board, to say a number of nasty things about me that I had no way of responding to. I think that's bad policy.

I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me, as you've always been a gracious host to me, and it's your party and you have it as you please, but hopefully, there's more to your desire to bump him than has met my eye. And I hope it doesn't become a regular feature as it just creates a situation where your good posters will start working to have others bumped. The potential for a slippery slope is definitely there.- Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-15-2004 at 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Jackter
I hope that the fact that Earle Robitalle kicked somebody off his board..... isn't necessarily considered justification to do so.
Did I do so with you?

Because you have some facts here wrong, leads me to believe you've just become up-in-arms about this because of your own personal issues from the past.

A) The posting was by Eric, not Earle.
B) I noted it as being something I found after the fact, and had nothing to do with "justification." -- It shows that there are other similar problems from the past with the same pattern.

I find your quick-to-judge (and respond) statements contrary to how I think you would desire others treat you.

Quote:
I don't follow many of Mike's posts, but some I've found informative and none offensive from the ones I did see.
Maybe it's time to thank your (volunteer) moderators. Seems that they're doing a better job than you realize.

Quote:
Maybe I'm just sensitive, having been the victim of a lynching hosted by Mr. Robitaille et. al. He took the opportunity after ditching me from his board, to say a number of nasty things about me that I had no way of responding to. I think that's bad policy.
And you see that happening here?

:?:

Quote:
I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me, as you've always been a gracious host to me, and it's your party and you have it as you please, but hopefully, there's more to your desire to bump him than has met my eye.
And what does your gut instinct tell you in this case?

Fortunately or not, since this (as you put it) "party's" at my place, you will have to choose to trust in my judgement -- or not. But you'll find that there's no secure middle ground you can duck into.

Hell, even Nancy's still here (at least through today). Doesn't that speak VOLUMES about the situation?

:lol::lol::lol:

Quote:
And I hope it doesn't become a regular feature as it just creates a situation where your good posters will start working to have others bumped. The potential for a slippery slope is definitely there.
Nobody bumped Mr. Overcast -- or his counsel, except for themselves. They apparently would not accept the rules established to participate here.

Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2004 at 02:20 AM
So, did I get the name wrong or is there a Robitalle brother??

You do have a point about Nancy! Funny how he seems to be one of the milder posters these days, !!!!

And the part about speaking from a position of someone who's been burned and still takes it personally? Absolutely, I do. I make no apology for that. And I stick by the point that ol' whatsisname Robitalle loaded my butt with buckshot for no good reason, therefore his actions are to be suspected.

But your point that I haven't seen whatever garbage may have been posted by Mike because of your and M's good moderation is one that leaves me without a leg to stand on. And I should have more than a modicum of faith in your good judgement by now.

The only stuff I've seen is a group of people on the board hacking away at Mike at every opportunity and it made me feel a little sorry for the guy even though I know his reputation was probably earned somewhere along the line.

Doug: "Fortunately or not, since this (as you put it) "party's" at my place, you will have to choose to trust in my judgement -- or not. But you'll find that there's no secure middle ground you can duck into."

C'mon now, Doug. Have I ever seemed like a "ducker" to you? If I was one, I wouldn't have offered my opinion in the first place. Odds are, everybody else on this board is smart enough to keep their heads down right now.......but me, I have this terrible habit....uh.....just a minute.....I'll tell you what it is as soon as I dig this bullet out of my skull.....

Party on, bro. I promise to do three "Hail Marys" and click on a few ads before I go to bed (I learned to fake catholocism really well when I lived in La Paz).

Uh oh. Now I'm in even bigger trouble!!- Stephanie :biggrin:;D

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2004 at 12:38 PM
Doug

I would like to say at this time that I was not intimatied by Mr. Overcast's Post which was placed shortly after my topic was opened as " Health Care" and an attempt to get information to put into a small booklet that might have helped a Traveler in Baja.

It is apparant to me that my Topic does not now seem to be of any Interest, there fore if you need the space i can delete it and try again at a later time when there is not so much of a controversy.

I stated that it was not a commercial project!

I am still concerned that there is a lacking in information regarding Health and Medical Care in Baja Sur.
Skeet/Loreto

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-15-2004 at 06:51 PM

Not to worry.

Mr. Overcast's problems are completely of his own making/creation/desire/choice.

--
Doug

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-15-2004 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Jackter
And the part about speaking from a position of someone who's been burned and still takes it personally? Absolutely, I do.
That doesn't make it okay to target me with your frustration.

Quote:
But your point that I haven't seen whatever garbage may have been posted by Mike because of your and M's good moderation is one that leaves me without a leg to stand on. And I should have more than a modicum of faith in your good judgement by now.
Please note, although some postings needed to be removed, that's been true of many postings by many people here. The primary reason his permissions here have been revoked however are that he has threatened me with legal action over the postings of another user here.

By using the board here, he clearly agreed to the following:

"You acknowledge that Q87 International and its affiliates do not control the information available on the bulletin boards and chat rooms and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, traveler's opinion page or in any chat room are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content."

As well as:

"NEITHER Q87 INTERNATIONAL NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE AND THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SITES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST Q87 INTERNATIONAL AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON."

So, someone's trying to be a bully here, and I think this property will be a better and safer place without such a selfish individual using such scare tactics.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 2-16-2004 at 04:05 PM
good job on all this Doug!

Glad you stick up for your operation! I recall several instances of lost deposits $$'s never refunded and assorted other sleazola coming out of his "club" from the old Amigos days.....

kudos!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2004 at 11:00 PM
This so called Esq. better be careful with this words...

I would wager that the following violates California Legal Ethics (or comes close). I am sure there are some attorneys on this board that would be more than willing to run it up the state bar disciplinary flag pole...

Be careful!

>would suggest that you scrape up the money and seek counsel to
> determine what you have to risk, if you and your posters keep up
> such activity. Mr. Means, you have taken a thank you from me and
> turned it into everlasting scrutiny. I am sure a jury would see you
> are living up to your name.
>
> George Stevens, Esq.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
I would wager that the following violates California Legal Ethics (or comes close). I am sure there are some attorneys on this board that would be more than willing to run it up the state bar disciplinary flag pole... Be careful!
This, of course, assumes there IS such an attorney by the name of George Stevens....

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_search.aspx?ms=ge...

...and using the email address "caboclub@cox.net"....

:rolleyes:

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 04:52 PM

Thanks for everything you and your moderators do, Doug

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 07:37 PM

And Neal....

Dang blast it, thanks for just being YOU!

:cool:

--
Doug

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 10:35 PM

So, this attorney for Overcast sends you emails from Overcast's own computer email address? That seems odd... :yes::light::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 10:46 PM
That May Not be Odd

David,

Think, if Overcast has as many customer problems as alleged on the various boards and reports on Google, etc. then he might just have an attorney living with him, day and night.

By the way, anyone who has an attorney as a friend might ask for them to look up this Esq person and check that he exists in the Calif Bar listings.

What are the odds? Could it be an alias of someone's???

Doug, you might check just for the interest of knowing. There are two active California Bar active members with the name of George Stevens. One is George Micheal Stevens and the other is Micheal George Stevens. One is in LA the other is in Santa Barbara. I figure it is low probability for either to rep for Overcast.

I did notice that one note was Gearge Stevens and the other was George Stevens. That is a tough typo to make if you know your own name and cannot spell it. Different hands are used on the keyboard to type those letters.

:smug::smug::smug::smug:

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by The Gull]

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by The Gull]

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 11:33 PM

By George (Gearge?), I think you've got it!:light::O:lol::lol::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.