Whatever happened to ?

Chris H., JZ, Mike H. ************** :lol:

************************ :lol:

[Edited on 02/15/04 by jrbaja]

[Edited on 2-17-2004 by BajaNomad]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2004 at 11:27 PM

JR, it's probably that your vast knowledge and incredible grasp of all that is Baja California has sent them running for cover with thier tails between thier legs to hide in shame that unlike you they do not have all the answer's to all life's problems.

He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good.

:P

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2004 at 09:31 PM
Modesty

I learn something new everyday about Baja, and the people that live here. Forgive me if I seem to scoff at people from another country that pretend to know of what they speak regarding Baja. From what I have seen, these furriners, are as usual trying to capitalize (being gringos) on the few vacations they have spent here.
I travel all over this peninsula, regularly. And I try to give valid advice when asked and don't pretend to be an expert on places I have maybe visited once or twice. And, because of the vast amount of inaccurate information being published by gringos regarding something they pretend to know about, I get a little disgusted and certainly know better than to believe what I read. Especially considering these so called experts give nothing back to the Mexicans besides candy!
And in my travels, I see many people from all over the world in all parts of Baja including the gringo enclaves like B.D.L.A., Gonzaga, "The East Cape", Todos Santos, Agua Verde, etc.. And I am not alone in my feelings and again I will state, if the huarache fits, wear it.
But, the gringos, you know who you are, are a bunch of obnoxious, self centered, disrespectful pieces of dung that have no regard for a foreign culture and country. And there are lot's of you. Yer basically internationally famous for it whether you want to admit it or not.
So, I point out some faults, and things that could be improved upon and I am now called anti-american, and the other doo that the brilliant minds on here come up with.
I have already been thanked for some of my ideas whether they upset a few whining gringos or not. Too bad.
As far as me thinking I am "all that", I have had to walk out of some fairly remote areas for assistance, had a hatchet made and almost removed my finger with it, spent hours building roads and getting unstuck, just replaced my transmission and rear leaf springs because of an off road incident, and continue to place myself in these pridicaments. I wouldn't exactly call myself the sharpest tool in the shed!
But I do love this country and the people that live here. And, the feeling seems to be mutual so again, get off your ridiculous pedestals and appreciate humanity whether they have money or not.
You might learn something interesting.:light:
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-16-2004 at 10:00 PM
Still around

Just reading mostly. Have been down to San Carlos twice this year so far. Took the twins once.

Planning a trip in March/Apirl.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 11:11 PM

jrbaja

I always enjoy reading about your trips 'off the beaten path'.

I also enjoy seeing your photos of same.

I have followed your exploits from the start and it is obvious that you have a passion for the people of Baja, in that regard your are not alone.

I look forward to reading about your latest adventures.

I hope you will use ALL your energy to 'build up' that which you love as opposed to wasting energy 'tearing down' that which you loath.

"It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2004 at 08:39 PM

JR, I'd be willing to bet that practically every regular visitor to this board is appreciative of the good stuff you do, agrees with your views of how Mexicans should be treated, and is impressed with your forays into places the rest of us seldom--or perhaps never--get to.

So you could really afford to lighten up a bit.

bajalera
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2004 at 02:58 PM

How about this:

People come into my deli, look at the menu and then ask of a particular item, is it good?

Answer: No it's horrible. We just put it on the menu so the other lousy stuff would seem to taste better by comparison.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2004 at 03:45 PM
Dave

Dave.
What are your Hours an exact location coming from the North?
Thanks Skeet/Loreto

"In God We Trust"
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2004 at 04:17 PM

Randy Mac, where the hell you been? Keep them coming, dude!
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2004 at 06:32 PM

two Newfies went into a club that was all covered in mirrors, after ordering a drink both sat down. just then they noticed that there were two others in the bar that looked just like 'em. they decided to approach the men, as one got up to walk over his buddy pulled him back down and said "skipper wait, the're comming over!

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2004 at 07:58 PM

A family moved from Newfoundland to Alberta. Johnnie started school at the new location, in grade 3.

One day the teacher asked individual students to count to 50. Many of them did very well, some getting as high as 37. But Johnnie did extremely well; he made it to 100 with only 3 mistakes. At home he told his Dad how well he had done. Dad told him, "That's because you are from Newfoundland, son".

Next day, in "language", the teacher asked students to recite the alphabet. Some made it to the letter "k" with only one mistake, but Johnnie outdid them again. He made it all the way through, missing only the letter "m". That evening he once again brought his Dad up to date and Dad explained to him, "That's because you are from Newfoundland.

Next day, after Physical Education, the boys were taking showers. Johnnie noted that, compared to the other boys in his grade, he seemed overly "well - endowed". This confused him. He told his Dad, that night, "Dad, they all have little tiny ones, but mine is ten times bigger than theirs. Is that because I'm from Newfoundland?"

"No, son," explained Dad, "that's because you're 18!"

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

biggrin.gif posted on 2-19-2004 at 09:45 PM
One more: The Great Canadian Tourist Clam-bake in the Baja...

I stayed for a few months at Playa El Requeson on the Bahia Concepsion Bay a year ago and met many wonderful people. One day a young Canadian couple parked in the small palapa next to my motorhome, delightfully named the 'Baja Chihuahua'.

As I was getting some firewood ready for the nightly beachside blaze, the young Canadian lady asked: "What are all the people doing in the bay. Are they bobbing for some kind of seafood?"

I replied: "Yeh! They're looking for bay scallops and clams, but this is not the best place to find any."

She replied: "Where is the best place to find them?"

I replied: "Two bays south at Playa Armenta. I plan to go there in a half hour to get some clams for spaghetti dinner, if you both want to come."

She replied: "I'll get my husband and we'll come with you. We've never dug any clams or seafood before."

I took the young couple from Camrose Alberta Canada over to Playa Armenta, and showed them where and how to dig clams. They had never had any clams before and were like two kids in a candy store. Within a half-hour they had enough clams for their meal that night.

On the drive back to Playa El Requeson, the young couple asked me: "How do you cook the clams, RandyMac.?"

I was a little taken back, and then the little devil on my shoulder said don't waste this opportunity dude.

As we drove into Playa El Requeson I asked the couple: "Did you bring any clothes line and any clothes pegs with you?"

The young couple replied: "No we didn't expect we would need them."

I looked up towards the sun and said: "We'll, it's getting late in the day but I think you'll have enough time left to cook them in the late afternoon sun. I give you my clothes pegs and clothes line to use."

When we got to camp, I went into my palapa beside my motorhome, grabbed the spare bag of clothes pegs and extra length of clothes line that I had, and handed it to the young couple.

They didn't even flinch or ask.

I then went into my motorhome, 'cause I was about to spill my guts with laughter, and I didn't want to be there when they started hanging the clams on the clothes line with the clothes pegs.

I started boiling the water for spaghetti and my clams, and got a cold beer out of the fridge, then I finally came outside about ten minutes later to check the progress. Low and behold, the young couple were struggling to get more of the clams hooked up on the clothesline that they had hung between the two palapas.

Finally they asked me: "So how long do these clams take to cook in the late afternoon sun, RandyMac.?"

I about peed myself laughing and finally had to tell them the truth. A good laugh was had by all. I then invited them for spaghetti dinner and told them how to purge and keep their clams fresh until the next day. Being good sports they brought over a bottle of tequila to dinner and the fire that night, and we all had a good laugh at all practical jokes we had played on people, or had played on us in our lifetime. Was I ever happy they were good sports about the Great Canadian Clothesline Clam-bake in the Baja.

One day I am gonna get what I probably deserve for all the practical jokes I have played on people.

RandyMac

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by RandyMac]
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2004 at 06:24 AM

Great Story Randy Mac!

Skeet/Loreto

"In God We Trust"
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2004 at 10:52 AM
Deli, for Skeet

Our restaurant is located at km 44.1 on the free road from TJ to Ensenada, which is about 200 yds south of the main entrance to the Puerto Nuevo lobster village. Next door to the south of us is an internet cafe "Clickon.com" and directly south of it is the entrance to the "Grand Baja Resort" hotel. You can exit the toll road at the Puerto Nuevo exit and head south or the Cantamar exit and head north. We are approximately equidistant from either exit.

Our hours (soon to be expanded) are 9-4 Thursday thru Monday, closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

We are currently closed for spring-cleaning and vacation. We will reopen on March 4th.

Our telephone number (from the States) is 011-52-661-614-1815 or we can be reached on the Internet at Nuevayork@starband.com

the baja chihuahua

[*] posted on 4-20-2004 at 04:31 PM

That is darn funny MR. Maccallum! I gotta try that one myself:)
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2004 at 05:39 PM
Scoffing

JR, so are you scoffing at the 3 folks you mentioned? Just curious.
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-20-2004 at 05:59 PM
Hey Toad Dog... how's it going eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by the baja chihuahua
That is darn funny MR. Maccallum! I gotta try that one myself:)

I found good fun humour and a few practical jokes made every day more pleasant. It's te Canadian way I guess. I'm sure you have a few yourself little yellow hammer?

RandyMac

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 05:26 AM
Canadians and Rattlesnakes

Finally this Board has gone positive!!

On a bright and sunny day at Rancho Sonrisa,relaxing on the Porch after the previous Day's fishing,there arrived at the Gate a young couple inquiring about the "Osprey" hunting along the Beach with a long repitile dangling from it's Beak!
The couple where very friendly and happy as they ask'Where does that Osprey Live?"it was apparent they were from the "North"!
We proceeded to the wilds where I pointed our the various Bird Life around the "Penthouse" North of Loreto.
As we approached a cluster of Debris we were warned of an existing Rattlesnakke. The couple exclaimed"We have never seen a Rattler!!Therefore the Rattler was caught and given to the young couple.I still have the Picture of the Canadian couple proudly holding a fair size diamond-Back Rattler of 12 Rattles.

As a result of our Adventures, I received a letter and a Photo of a Small type Falcon that they had made Friends with in their Large,multi-storied office building in Toronto.

Moral of this Story

"It don't make no Nevermind" just be friends!

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

P.S. The Rattler was skinned, the meat smoked, the skin tanned ,meat was consummed with a couple of Cold Carte Blanc's!
the tanned skin{done with Skin so Soft by Avon}hangs on my office Wall,not as a Trophy, but as a reminder of 2 very nice people from Canada.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 09:02 PM
JR

JR posted this at the tag end of his post AND IT SAYS IT ALL FOR ME.
"But I do love this country and the people that live here. And, the feeling seems to be mutual so again, get off your ridiculous pedestals and appreciate humanity whether they have money or not.
You might learn something interesting."
SOME ARE ALWAYS ASKING YOU TO LIGHTEN UP! But let me say that I believe that men and women of passion are somehow unable to'lighten up'. They just care to much and see far to much.
Stay as you are my friend! Back in '03 you contacted me regarding some secret and mysterious things. Have you resolved that issue?

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2004 at 10:08 PM
Mr Swaim

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
But let me say that I believe that men and women of passion are somehow unable to'lighten up'. They just care to much and see far to much.

If I may sound a little like Yoda...

Much wisdom, in your posts, I see.;)
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.