BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Matomi 2004 trip reports...
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2004 at 09:49 AM
Matomi 2004 trip reports...

Got back home late Sunday night after a great weekend...I will leave the details of the trip for others to tell as they are much better than I would be....lets just say it was a safe and trouble free weekend...good weather...good people...and the canyon...wow what a place to see...lots of driving but worth it....and as for the race course issues....we covered about 40+ miles during our travels and saw ONE vehicle and that was at 6pm during the last mile of the trip...they went by at 35 MPH and we all waved to each other...so much for that issue...:lol:
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2004 at 06:07 PM

Surfer Jim I can't believe you drove home after that trip to matomi. My GPS read 84 miles when we got back to my dads. In addition to driving back in the dark in matomi wash. I was so tired I was in bed at about 8:00 pm. What time did you guys get back ? was everything ok ? The trooper got us home about 4:30pm. No more carbuerator isuues. yeah baby! We saw 2 pre runners one baja bug and one buggy. They were both very cool waving as we pulled over for them... Nice to meet you take care Paul
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 08:18 AM

Jim, Audrey and I were thinking the same thing. How could you drive home after the Matomi run? Wow. It was great meeting everyone and what a great time we all had!! Now, I have to get those car wash blemishes taken care of... :lol:
Bob H
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 08:49 AM

Day 1, Shell ISLAND.... :bounce:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 08:58 AM

thanks for the photo....

My first post should have said 40 miles of the race course...of course we did much more...glad you got the total mileage...I had my gps but didn't use it...too busy looking at the views...

long drive home...got to Orange county at 1 AM....and back to work on Monday afternoon....

thanks to all for a great trip...it couldn't have been better....and now to see it in photos and stories from everyone....

Coming later this summer of 2004...Abreojos...Tortuga...Malarrimo trip I hope...stay tuned for details...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 06:15 PM

Great photo Bob! Thanks to a small moon and low tide, we could get onto the 'island'! That is what keeps it development-free and as good looking as when I first camped there 26 years ago.

Surfer Jim... your Vizcaino peninsula trip sounds like a winner! I am planning on it... Plus, there's a lost mission near Abreojos!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 2-18-2004 at 10:23 AM

Fantastic photos above! Especially like the Hummizzle in the lead, where it belongs...

Can't wait 'till the next trip. Sure enjoyed making new friends with such a great group of folks.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2004 at 01:01 PM
Matomi Falls

OK, I just discovered I have Microsoft Photo Editor at work. So, I have resized my Matomi Falls photo to a more reasonable size. Did this during lunch today... :yes:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2004 at 01:04 PM
Matomi Downstream View

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2004 at 01:17 PM
On the way to Matomi Canyon

What a great day it was...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.