BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: What Harm has been Done?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 07:57 AM
What Harm has been Done?

To all Posters:

What Harm has been done to you Personally by the Mexicanos coming to the States????
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 08:19 AM

NONE,

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 08:43 AM

None, only benefits.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 08:49 AM

That's really a "do-you-still-beat-your-wife?" type of question. I'm with Elizabeth, ask about the benefits, too. I'm sure you'll find they far outweigh the "harm" you're inquiring about.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
To all Posters:

What Harm has been done to you Personally by the Mexicanos coming to the States????

The labor market down here (in Mexico) is now a mess. Used to find quality labor for a reasonable price but it's all gone north. What's left is either expensive, not worth hiring...or both.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 09:32 AM

No Amigo it is not that Kind of Question.
Dave: Good Answer of Fact.
Question: How do you Solve the Problem? Work a little Harder to find Good Labor? Pay a little more for the Good Labor? Raise your Price a little to offset the Cost? From the tone of your previous Posts, you will Succeed.

I was in the Central Valley of Calif. during the Days of the Brown Berets, and Chavez. Although I did not agree on some of the Tactics at the time, I think that the Outcome benefited both the Mexicanos and the Farmers.
Something Good came out of something that looked Bad at the time to many People.

I appreciate all Comments.

Skeet/Loreto
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 09:34 AM

if you mean illegals.
:mad:plenty when you consider all the social benefits they take that the libs allow to continue unabated.....hospital, schools, emergency services, no insurance to protect others against their liability...all results in my paying premium taxes and rates:mad:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bancoduo
Banned

mad.gif posted on 5-30-2007 at 09:56 AM
IF WE LET THEM ALL IN AND SHARE WHAT WE HAVE WITH THEM THEY MIGHT START LIKING US

http://www.banderasnews.com/0705/nr-missusa.htm
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 10:29 AM

Mike: The Question was ask" Has any Mexicano done any Harm to you Personally .
This is not about Illegals.
So you own and Fly and Airplane to Baja, You live in a Very Wealthy Community, You Pay Taxes and Premuims on Health Care.
Do you claim that the Mexicanos have caused you to be "Less Wealthy" ??
Just looking for Personal Harm.
Skeet
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
if you mean illegals.
:mad:plenty when you consider all the social benefits they take that the libs allow to continue unabated.....hospital, schools, emergency services, no insurance to protect others against their liability...all results in my paying premium taxes and rates:mad:

The conservatives have done a pee-poor job of doing anything about it as well.

I'm not a liberal, by any means so, don't yell at me.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 10:39 AM

Sorry Skeet .... It was off track, I know.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 10:43 AM

SoulPatch; Those things you have listed I am sure are valid for Our System of Govt. But What about Personal Harm? Has the coming of the Mexicanos cost or changed your Life Style?

All the things you listed could be well said regarding the "Harm" cause by the Americans use of "Illegal Drugs".

Could it be that many of the People so strong aganist the Building of the Wall, be concerned that the Price of the Illegal Drugs they use would Sky Rocket and maybe Curtailed??
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
To all Posters:

Just that. A segment of Mexican expatriot society in the US has crossed the border in an illegal way and in doing so, disrespected and disregarded the laws of my country. It is an insult to the sovereignty of the United States, therefore an insult to me. They continue to insult me on a daily basis.

I wish they'd stop doing that.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 11:37 AM

Skeet - if you exclude illegals, then no, except for theft - and plenty of other ethnic groups have ripped me too!!:fire:

Dennis - i agree. the conservatives cannot agree on what to do either. but i think they are more for doing something positive some how....some day vs the left wingers who are on the kumbyahh kool aid.:biggrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge
Property damage from graffiti on house, out buildings, walls and vehicles. Cost me money raised my blood pressure.

Property damage from bullets on vehicles: they missed us. Really raised my blood pressure and cost me money .

Bogus workmens comp claims which used to be impossible to fight and win in a friggged up system, pre Arnold. Cost me money and raised my blood pressure.

Property theft both in Baja and California, tweekers are everywhere, cost me money and raised my blood pressure.

Need to purchase uninsured vehicle coverage for entire fleet, costs me money and raises my blood pressure.

My foremans 23 year son left for dead on the streets of Santa Ana and now a vegetable living at home for the rest of his life. That cost me a whole bunch helping my friend and raised my blood pressure.

Very intersting...very same problems here in our area and rarely a Mexican to be seen:?::?::?:

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 12:05 PM

To answer the question: NONE! In fact they contributed to my well being. I taught English as a Second Language in San Diego during most of the '90s. They were the majority within the immigrants who came to the United States looking for a better life.They were the sweetest, kindest and most grateful people I had ever met. Many said to me years later that learning English enabled them to get better jobs. Part of our curriculum was to teach life skills i.e. how to balance a checkbook; how to read bus schedules; how and where to get help during emergencies; how to interview for a job; the importance of being on time, and many other aspects of our culture that are different from those in Mexico.

Skeet, when I first read your question at the top of this string I thought you were baiting us, leading up to another combative and unproductive shouting match. Now I am inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt after you qualified your question later.:rolleyes:

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 12:07 PM

Good Post All: Please keep them coming.
Don Jorge: very well taken-Watch your Blood Pressure!

Many Truths and Facts said that could be added to our Culture if we had not allowed the Mexicanos into the States;

The Price of Food;
The Price of Textiles:
The Price of Beef:

I often wonder where our Economy would be with out the Legal Mexicano whose work is so important.

I agree 100% that the Law Breakers should be stopped! That is a First!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 12:24 PM

Marie-Rose:
Yes Marie, very well put.
California and Texas have the Largest Population in Prison.

There are many areas, especially in the Cities that are just as bad, maybe not as large in numbers.

Toneart: The Purpose of my question is to try to obtain Personal Reactions and Beliefs not to get lost in a Discussions of over Emotion, which is very difficult regarding this Problem and its Solution.

Many of us on this Board have had many years experience with the Mexicano People and the Impact it has had on our Culture.
I think that when it is solved, and it will be, that it will be People with Ability and Common Sense that will solve it.

Have you read "Mexifornia' ?

Skeet
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 01:14 PM

It harms my eyes that the women are mostly short, fat and ugly.
I guess they keep the goodlooking ones in Mexico.
If they would just share some of their hotlooking women I think that would help Us/Mexico relations alot.
We get the throwaways.
Okay I've got to go put on my asbestos suit because I know I'm going catch heat for this.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

howat
Junior Nomad

Mood: Retire Feb 2010

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 01:22 PM

Back when i was a kid I picked cantalopes one summer in Yuma, worked in many fast food joints, cut lawns, was a buss boy and waiter at restaurants, basically i worked year round to make $. All these jobs paid very reasonable wages back then so that i could help support myself thru high school and totally thru college. These jobs provided me with a strong work ethic and confidence in my abilities which translated into a successful career over the past 40 years. Now a-days these types of jobs are not as plentiful for my kids because the illegal people are taking them and the ones that are available are very low paying. The theory of supply & demand in action. You can not blame an employer for hiring someone for minimum wage. If these illegal people were not here the employers would have to pay a living wage for the people here just like I received in my day. We might have to pay more for a Value Menu item at McDonald's or to have our grass cut or tables bussed but it would be with our kids or legal immigrants learning to get ready for the world ahead. I've got nothing personally against these hard-working people here illegally but they are damaging the american culture we once had. Shame on us for allowing this to happen. I say kick all the illegals out and let theory of supply and demand dictate the "true" cost of living for goods and services in America.

HH
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.