Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Gonzaga bay part 2
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:45 PM
Gonzaga bay part 2

After meeting Rafael we set up camp,using the remaning of the day to relaxe and plan tomorrows activities.The day started by a quick drive to the east side of alfonsinas to do some fishing.I almost got my truck stuck in the deep sand.got back to camp for a good breakfast,later my friend went back to fish and got stung by a stingray,rafael gave us some medecine for the wound,this would be saturday.Sunday we travel to Rancho grande to buy some ice 3 of the cars that went with us left for Tijuana around 8:00am later on I found out the did 4 hours to reach Puertecitos.Just my brother inlaw in myself stay untill monday,in the afternoon we went to Punta Final wich is about 6 miles from Beluga.A really nice bay the beach is way better than Beluga no rocks no stingrays, the only down side is the toilets are in a bad shape.Temperature on this sunday was 97 degres(hot),this was also the windiest day of the whole trip.pick up camp on the same day just living,the tents for the following day(Monday).Monday was a great day not only was my Birthday(may 28),but it was the day that I will travel the most infamous road besides the widomaker,we left Campo Beluga around 6:20am.
The road is ruff as we leave Gonzaga,and it gets worse,we are averaging 45 per hour ansious to reach Puertecitos we harly stop to admired the view,but we took some pictures.We got to Puertecitos about 8:25am. got breakfast.visit it the hot springs,air up the tires and we tacle the "VADOS" north of town.Stop in San Felipe to buy some suveniers and eat some cocos with rum,,umm goody.
The wait to reack the army check point was around 30 minutes,after that on our way to Ensenada,wich it turn out to be a real long drive. Finally we arrive at Rosarito,went to have some carnitas at Carnitas Javier in colonia Plan libertador.
The border wait was 2:45 hrs but it was worth it,untill the next trip.

Gonzaga bay trip Memorial Day 5-07 032.JPG - 42kB

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:47 PM

The palapas at Beluga

palapas beluga.JPG - 43kB

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:49 PM
Bay shot

bay shot.JPG - 43kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:50 PM

Another Bay shot

bay shot 2.JPG - 46kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:51 PM

My Baja posse

my baja friends.JPG - 48kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:53 PM

Gonzaga at dark

gonzaga at dark.JPG - 34kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:54 PM

Gonzaga Sunrise

gonzaga sunrise.JPG - 39kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:54 PM

Sunset

gonzaga sunset.JPG - 37kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:56 PM

It was this hot on our way to Punta Final

gonzaga temp.JPG - 39kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:58 PM
Punta Final

punta final.JPG - 48kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 04:59 PM

Boat at driff

boat punta final.JPG - 43kB

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 05:00 PM

Punta Final Dunes

sand dunes in punta final.JPG - 50kB

markshark

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 10:17 PM
what wind???

just kidding.we were the other campers at the far west end of beluga the same time you were there.we didnt spend much time around camp as we are working on our place at papa's.HOWLING winds all nite sunday,monday,tuesday and finally letting up wednesday made for some horrible tent camping.
but hey,thats baja right?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 10:05 AM

Great photos Jose! This is Baja fun for sure... The photo you call Punta Final Dunes is a great picture of 'Snoopy'... That's what that little island is called because it looks like the Peanuts cartoon (Charley Brown's) dog 'Snoopy', on his back (like he sleeps on top of his dog house)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 11:42 AM

Bajacat..... GREAT shots. Many thanks for bringing that part of Baja to us. I can't wait to get there again.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 12:33 PM

That houseboat could be pulled close to the shore to make a nice little beachfront cabana.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 09:32 PM

Al fin mi gato
se te hizo vato
y aunque tardaste un rato
no visitaste Chivato.

En el troque del gato
a 97 grados me deshidrato
pero con agua mineral y bicarbonato
el alivio me sale barato.

Coco dejo el lugar en orfanato
pues fue a Ensenada con Dr. Torcuato
pero de seguro don Renato
le contara que visito el vato gato

Te va tocar pagar el pato
pues madreaste un ballenato
que salio del mar un rato
y no lo curan ni con mertiolato.

Ahora esta la cachucha del gato
y ese no era el trato
de nomas colgar algo a lo suato
donde solo calzones hay de a guato.

Ahora las cuerdas me ato
y los veo al rato
pues me llama el chato
quel si va para Chivato.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Great photos Jose! This is Baja fun for sure... The photo you call Punta Final Dunes is a great picture of 'Snoopy'... That's what that little island is called because it looks like the Peanuts cartoon (Charley Brown's) dog 'Snoopy', on his back (like he sleeps on top of his dog house)!
You know Davis I didn't notice that, but you are right.we went across to snoopy and about 30 minutes later you had to go troght water to get out, it was awesome,I like punta final beac h better than beluga,but their toilets can compare to Rafael's.

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Bajacat..... GREAT shots. Many thanks for bringing that part of Baja to us. I can't wait to get there again.
Bob H
Yes Bob Gonzaga is a great place,and the bad roads is just have of the fun, for sure Im returning to this Beautifull Bay,wind and all...

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Al fin mi gato
se te hizo vato
y aunque tardaste un rato
no visitaste Chivato.

En el troque del gato
a 97 grados me deshidrato
pero con agua mineral y bicarbonato
el alivio me sale barato.

Coco dejo el lugar en orfanato
pues fue a Ensenada con Dr. Torcuato
pero de seguro don Renato
le contara que visito el vato gato

Te va tocar pagar el pato
pues madreaste un ballenato
que salio del mar un rato
y no lo curan ni con mertiolato.

Ahora esta la cachucha del gato
y ese no era el trato
de nomas colgar algo a lo suato
donde solo calzones hay de a guato.

Ahora las cuerdas me ato
y los veo al rato
pues me llama el chato
quel si va para Chivato.
Pues si vato se le hiso al gato,aunque no encontro a senor coco,a platicar le toco con Renato,que dijo que estaba harto de pasar tanto rato asiendose pato,esperando al senor coco,ya que hace rato que no lo mira el vato,no te me pierdas chato que estoy hablando de Renato,ya me voy porque me espera un clamato,aqui te guardo el mertiolato,por si se te ponen los pies como los del pato... y nos coloreamos al rato y si tienes un espejo hay te ves chato...
Adiossss dijo el Bajagato....

[Edited on 6-4-2007 by BAJACAT]

[Edited on 6-4-2007 by BAJACAT]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.