BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shopping in Los Cabos region
SteveU

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 11:25 AM
Shopping in Los Cabos region

As you may have noticed, I plan on taking my family down to Cabo(the whole region) for a week or so in late June, before slowly heading north, stopping at Conejo and Abreojos, before coming home. My question is, do I even need to do the big shopping trip in the states any more? Usually, I'm headed directly to some place remote, like Abreojos, where you can't find a COSTCO, or whatever, but this time, it's straight to Cabo! So, is there a Costco in Cabo? If not, what are good stores to buy the standard "camping" food?
Thaks ahead of time for any advice!
Steve
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 11:43 AM

Steve,

There is a Costco at KM6 on the the highway from Cabo to San Jose. There are east/west feeder roads on each side of the highway. If you are going from Cabo, you will need to exit to the feeder road to make a left across highway to feeder road going back west to Cabo. Pay attention as KM6 is about 8 min from Cabo. You will be making your 2 left turns at the light on the arrow. After you make your second left, Costco is one block on your right.
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 12:07 PM

In addition both San Jose and San Lucas have many more options than there were a few years ago. Back in the day Aramboro and San Liz werethe bigoptions in San Lucas but not any more.
SteveU

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 02:21 PM
Times change so fast down there!

Years back, the big store was "Castro's" up a few blocks off the main drag. So, does my COSTCO membership card work there, or do they just charge a little extra?
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveU
Years back, the big store was "Castro's" up a few blocks off the main drag. So, does my COSTCO membership card work there, or do they just charge a little extra?

Your Costco card is accepted...no problema.
Some may disagree, but the prices are out of line...Costco prices here in the SF Bay Area are a lot less...go figure.
CCC on the way to Todos Santos has most things you need and reasonable. Some things if you must have, Costco is the place. Sorbina(sp) is another good place to shop. close to CCC...prononced SAY SAY SAY.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 03:34 PM

Al

The store is Sorianas pronounced just as spelled.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 03:40 PM

Abreojos, Coscos:lol:

steveu we should be home by then..look us up in town, we're just behind the mall:bounce:

no kidding, just ask around for Vikingo y Devorah

safe journey

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Al

The store is Sorianas pronounced just as spelled.

Thanks it still give me trouble...So re anas... right?

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 6-11-2007 at 05:20 PM

Diana's was the best little market in Cabo for years. Only place to get good meat, cheese. First time I went to shop there in 95-96?, only Mexican's, very little gringo's. After Soriana's, CCC and Costco, they could not compete and have been closed for a few years now. Soon there will be Walmart. Thankfully I live 30 miles north of Cabo and only have to visit once or twice a month.
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 07:54 AM
City Club

When in Cabo San Lucas, I normally use the Marina Sol as my base of operations, and just a two block walk away is the City Club (reminds me of a price club) which is where I usually stock up .....:spingrin: Enjoy your visit CaboRon

rob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 04:24 PM
TRIP TO CONEJO

SteveU,

If you're going to Conejo, stop by Rancho la Aguja - it's on the way. Take Km55 (marked "Conquista Agraria", drive to the ebach, and there we are. Conejo is about an hour more to the north.

Rob Atkinson
Rancho la Aguja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.