BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: LA PAZ
DTB

[*] posted on 6-18-2007 at 08:22 PM
LA PAZ

ALOHA Looking for land ,LA PAZ. Have 34' trailer,22' fishing boat,4x4 truck.On or near water. for sale or lease.Long time baja travler DTB
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2007 at 06:48 AM

When? How much land? How close to town? Price range? Is electricity & water at the site a must have or a nice option? Telephone, internet? Do you want to live in a "built-up" area or more remote? Is this for full or part time occupancy? Do you plan on leaving trailer here & heading back to the states? Have you looked at the on-line real estate listings for land? You might want to consider coming here & driving around looking at areas you like. There's a HUGE range of prices for land, waterfront and water view, in this area. The smartest thing you can do is to research the hell outta different areas & come up with your own personal list of wants & don't wants. Purchasing land is an emotional deal & you should be sensible in your approach so you don't end up overlooking any important factors that can make you regret your choice down the road! Just food for thought!
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2009 at 04:53 PM

Hello
Looking for lots in La Paz, no problem. There are plenty of lots available slightly inland and in neighborhoods just a few miles away from downtown La Paz. The best thing for you to do is to go to La Paz and drive all over the areas you want to be in. You should find what you are looking for.

I know for a fact that wanting something ON THE WATER will be alot pricier than stuff just off the water. Also, if you are open to surrounding neighborhoods just out of downtown, you should find plenty of lots to choose from.

I go to La Paz often, there is plenty of overpriced and appropriately and bargain priced real estate for sale. Depends on where you search and how you search and whether you are OK living among the locals or whether you want to be in a cloistered American enclave. Not making a judgement here, just trying to be objective.

I come across lots all the time in surrounding neighborhoods in La Paz from 600 sq meters to 17,000 sq meters, 1/2 of the time with a cinder block wall already in place all around the property and about 1/4 of the time with a partial dwelling in place about 1/8 to 1/3 of a mile from the the water.

Just last year, I almost bought a 40 mt x 40 mt lot with a 6 ft cinder block wall all the way around just off the main highway about 1/5 of a mile from the water 6 miles from downtown La Paz and the malecon with a 2 bedroom house foundation in place for $54,000 USD and another lot 20 mt x 40 mt for $23,000 USD in the same location. I would have purchased either of them or both, but I found something even better and bought that instead. All the lots mentioned above have city services.

The big lot mentioned above was on a slight grade and had an unobstructed view of the ocean. Sometimes I think I should have purchased that one. I drive by and look at it all the time when I am there wishing I had the extra $54,000 at the time I bought my place.

Think of it. Buy a lot 20 x 40 mts at $30/sq mt, have a tall palapa cover built over a cement pad ($6,000 USD) and put a big used RV on it with plenty of airconditioning power. Spend $24,000 to $30,000 USD to have an 8 ft cinder block wall built and to do a bang-up job of landscaping with a built-in barbecue and fire ring and you will have two things: 1) a private paradise to visit whenever you want, 2) a great real estate investment with minimal cost (total of $60,000 to $66,000 USD plus cost of the RV) where the value will always be there.

[Edited on 4-21-2009 by MitchMan]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-20-2009 at 04:55 PM

a bird in the hand......

LOSARIPES
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 08:46 AM

Hi DTB... check your U2U

Aripes
God bless America
and Baja tambien

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.