Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Living in Ensenada
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 6-22-2007 at 03:36 PM

Tigerdog - check the Gringo Gazette classifieds www.gringogazettenorth.com and the Baja Times www.bajatimes.com for rentals.
tigerdog
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2007 at 05:29 PM

As usual, you Nomads are a wealth of information and willingness to help out. I will check out those papers (don't know why I didn't think of it, must be having a senior moment).

Right now I'm not looking to invest anything, but to find the place that says "home" to me. I've always liked the Ensenada area, so who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky. ;)

\"You know Hobbes, sometimes even my lucky rocket-ship underpants don\'t help.\" - Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes

Visit me at Rocky Point Tides
http://rptides.blogspot.com/
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-22-2007 at 08:01 PM

http://www.ensenadarealestate.com/

Click on long term rental.

[Edited on 6-23-2007 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-22-2007 at 08:32 PM

beachbum1A has a rental somewhere near the Home Depot....maybe he will chime in
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 07:37 AM

He's busy filleting all the dorado he caught in Mulege.

Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 10:00 AM

I'd recommend just getting a reasonably priced hotel and/or short term rental at first.

Then just get out and drive around..get lost and then find yourself again. You might find a very nice neighborhood; but, maybe it is too far from your favorite pub, store, etc.. If you want to live near the beach.. check the beach areas, etc..

You will not only learn about the different neighborhoods that you may or may not want to live in, you will also learn how to get around town better and faster than you would otherwise.

I also advise talking to locals living in near where you find a place and checking any prospective place out a few different times of the week/day. Is there a church nearby that makes it impossible to park on Sundays? A street market every Wednesday that shuts down your street. Or, my favorite.. a car alarm installer across the street that works graveyard shift and likes to test his work. (This happened to a friend of mine in Prague, they had wondered why the rent was so cheap! :lol: )
dune155551

[*] posted on 6-24-2007 at 10:56 AM

Tigerdog et al:

We have a house currently under construction at Baja Country Club and would concur it is by far one of the best locations in the Ensenada area. Beautiful valley setting just outside the city; fully gated and secure with a lovely golf course.

Our place will be ready for occupancy in mid-July and we'll be in it from then until mid-Aug taking care of the setup, furnishings. etc (and hopefully working on my rusty golf swing). Of course, along with that will be some time with Bajaguy and Bajablonde enjoying a few bbq's and margaritas!

Anyway, following that our plan was to leave it vacant until early next year and then selectively rent it out to family, friends and acquaintances over the winter. However, we may be interested in selected rentals (prefer longer term periods but might consider short term rentals) to the right sort of client. As I said, it really was not part of our original plan but we're considering it as an option if there is a demand and we can find the right client.

If anyone is interested send me a U2U and we can discuss it further.
tigerdog
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2007 at 07:34 PM

dune, check your u2u

\"You know Hobbes, sometimes even my lucky rocket-ship underpants don\'t help.\" - Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes

Visit me at Rocky Point Tides
http://rptides.blogspot.com/
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.