Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Adventure Trailers raffle
bajataco
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 08:19 PM
Adventure Trailers raffle

Hello fellow Baja adventurers,

I'll preface this post by stating that I contacted Mr. Means ahead of time to ask permission to post this here on BajaNomad, and he was very gracious in allowing me to do so. So thank you very much Doug, I appreciate it. This is a super fun raffle for a great cause.

I have a press release that will be of interest to any of you who have thought about using an off-road trailer for traveling and camping in Baja, especially in out of the way places in rugged country. More specifically, Adventure Trailers and Eezi-Awn tents. And for those of you that aren't familiar with the concept, read on...

African Conservation Fund is proud to announce that America's finest builder of rugged camping trailers for off-highway use, Adventure Trailers (Upland, California) has donated a new Chaser Trailer, and Equipt Expedition Outfitters (Salt Lake City, Utah) has topped it off with an Eezi-Awn folding rooftop tent - an incredible setup for someone who wants to enjoy remote camping in Baja. Our other much-appreciated marketing partners are Overland Journal and Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association.

Raffle tickets available online! Limited number available - the final raffle will be held at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, March 2008. We'll also have lots of monthly prizes to give away as well.

Click here for details on this exciting raffle, worth $8,000! The suggested donation is only $20 per ticket.

All proceeds benefit community-based conservation and economic development efforts in East Africa.

I have done many trips with both the Chaser trailer and the Eezi-Awn tents, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you all for your support!

Chris Marzonie

[Edited on 7-22-2007 by bajataco]

bajataco
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 08:18 PM

UPDATE:

Monthly drawing has begun and new sponsors added.

Tuesday, 11 September 2007

The adventure continues! The 2007-2008 Adventure Raffle - featuring the grand prize Adventure Trailer and Eezi-Awn Tent - is going strong, thanks to supporters like you.

As promised, they've begun special monthly drawings for prizes.

The winner of September's monthly raffle prize is Christopher Strawn of Tucson, Arizona - Chris has won a Hi-Lift Jack Off-Road Base ($35 value) from Expedition Exchange of Torrance, California. Many thanks to EE and to Chris for their support of our fundraising efforts.

PJC
Super Nomad

Mood: Right

[*] posted on 9-12-2007 at 08:32 PM

Nice rig. Donation paypal'd.

[Edited on 9-13-2007 by PJC]
docsmom
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 11:34 AM

Chris,
Having gone to the site, I don't quite get it.....
Am I entering a raffle or contributing to a cause?
I'm up for contributing but it'd be much more fun if I'm entering the raffle.....
Please take a look at the links and advise.
Thanks!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-13-2007 at 12:00 PM

Docsmom, the first links are to the equipment itself. The one listed as "click here" takes you to the raffle.

or it's here.

http://www.africanconservationfund.org/content/view/77/5/

bajataco
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 09:59 AM

Thank you all so much for supporting these people! They are doing some critically important work in the South Rift valley and making a lot of progress this year thanks to people like you. :bounce:

docsmom, I'm sorry about the confusion. Thanks to Hook for posting the link. That is indeed the direct link to the ACF Raffle page, and by making the suggested donation for a raffle ticket you are definitely supporting the cause.

I hope some Nomads win a prize :cool:

Here are a couple of pics from trips that I've done with Adventure Trailers:

bajataco
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2007 at 10:56 AM

Some more updates on the raffle:

The monthly winner for October was Pierre Michaud of New Brunswick, Canada. He won a set of Quick Fist Clamps from Roemer Off-Road of Vancouver, WA.

The monthly winner for November is Peter Kirkham of Renton, Washington - Peter has won a Warn Snatch-Block donated by Roemer Off-Road (http://www.roemeroff-road.com) - a $70 value!

Many thanks to Britt Pinson, Roemer Off-Road and to Pierre and Peter for their support of the fundraising efforts.

Continued thanks to Baja Nomads for their support.

bajataco
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2008 at 08:13 AM

Hello all - just wanted to remind everybody that there are only 3 weeks left in our Adventure Raffle (see first post of this thread).

ACF also just had their final monthly giveaway - Jon McArthur of Costa Mesa won a Weekender Adventure Medical Kit (value $60) from BajaOverland.com

There will be a webcast of the final grand prize giveaway - the week of March 3, so all tickets must be ordered by midnight March 2. Stay tuned for the final web location and time of this great raffle. :coolup:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.