DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 09:03 PM

What do you mean, "It has a title"?
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 09:21 PM

Maybe by "title" she means it has a name?
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 09:30 PM

Sounds to me that the lot has "clear title," i. e., ownership is undisputed, at least to the extent that that's possible in Mexico.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 09:34 PM

Maybe it has a pink slip. You non-Californios maybe won't know about that.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 10:50 PM

Initially, the government owned all the land in these small villages.
Later, they issued titles to locals once the city municipality was formed.
Title is issued from the government once the property has been bought and paid for.
Prior to the first sale, there is no official "title".

Apparently this property has been paid for in full in order to obtain the title from the municipality. Not to say that debts may not exist ie property taxes etc.; but there is a title. Without a title, a gringo could not buy the land directly from the municipality.

But don't even worry about it XXXXXX
Only nice folks are allowed to buy in Asuncion !! :biggrin:

[Edited on 7-7-2007 by Diver]

[Edited on 7-7-2007 by Hose A]
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 06:05 AM

dennis...no more "pink slips" in california

they are different now and called "certificate of title"

you've been gone along time....

before you buy you go to the municipal and ask for a document stating that there are no liens on the property....but

for a grand....you could take a risk....for now

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 06:06 AM

can you post some pics? if its still avail.
fenced? structured? views?
etc.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 06:40 AM

Puleeees! Can you say "Enterprising", Can you say "Entrepreneur"? How much info do you need for an almost free lot in this nice little town? How much info would you demand if it was free? I already have a nice house near the beach that I'm happy with but I know a lot of you are planning Baja retirement --- what's the problem? Mike the big Baja lender, for a lot that costs him a couple tanks of avgas, wants brochures, a CD maybe?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 07:04 AM

So, I'm assuming the clear title goes through the bank trust for a foriegner. Is that the way it works?
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
So, I'm assuming the clear title goes through the bank trust for a foriegner. Is that the way it works?

Yep, unless you have a Mexican Corp and the property is for commercial ie rental use...

Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 08:11 AM

Shari check your U2U
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 09:17 AM

Shari,

Check your U2 - I know who needs that lot if it's not gone already !! :biggrin:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 11:37 AM
lot in Asuncion

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Mike the big Baja lender, for a lot that costs him a couple tanks of avgas, wants brochures, a CD maybe?

"Mike the big Baja lender, for a lot that costs him a couple tanks of avgas, wants brochures, a CD maybe?"

WTF??!!:rolleyes:

1. i don't lend. i rep a company that does. I am not "big" but Carefree Mtg is huge and more than capable to cover any size deal in baja or mainland. i happen to be lucky to have been a close personal friend of the owner for 33 years.
2. a few pictures are easy to take and post. We don't even know how many Sq Mtrs it is. i asked for a picture or two, not a brochure or CD.
3. A grand $$ U.S. is more than a couple of tanks of avgas. About 3 actually. And anyway, i don't care what something might cost - i don't have money to throw around and i make purchasing decisions frequently. i buy property based on knowledge of facts i discern for myself.
4. if one isn't willing to provide a little info one shouldn't provide notice of an offering.
5. this deal ain't free nor almost free. And anything that's too cheap has baggage. sounds pretty cheap to me - so, i'd have concerns.
6. the real positive in this that PQd my interest was that Shari is involved. I believe she is to be trusted. Only wish i could get down there soon but i can't.
7. if there is a lot of decent size for sale at that $$ then there are other deals around. no one needs to be in a hurry to buy Mexican dirt.
8. And......the best way to acquire mexican real estate is to buy owner direct and avoid dealing thru gringo expat commissioned realtors whenever possible.:yes:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 11:52 AM

Shari,

YOU buy the lot. That way you get to choose your neighbor and exclude the ones who would not know how to live in la onda Baja

:cool:

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 11:57 AM

Jeez. A good dump truck can haul a thousand dollars worth of dirt if you pay the cost of fuel etc.:O
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
4. if one isn't willing to provide a little info one shouldn't provide notice of an offering.
5. this deal ain't free nor almost free. And anything that's too cheap has baggage. sounds pretty cheap to me - so, i'd have concerns.
6. the real positive in this that PQd my interest was that Shari is involved. I believe she is to be trusted. Only wish i could get down there soon but i can't.
7. if there is a lot of decent size for sale at that $$ then there are other deals around. no one needs to be in a hurry to buy Mexican dirt.
8. And......the best way to acquire mexican real estate is to buy owner direct and avoid dealing thru gringo expat commissioned realtors whenever possible.:yes:

Mike,

I think you are reading this wrong and resent any implications about problems with gringo expats (obviously referring to Shari). I believe that she is simply trying to help a local friend sell their property. There is no mention of a fee to Shari and she has offered and provided information to some who have U2'ed.
I also have no problem paying a fee to someone who might help me aquire a property that would otherwise be unknown to me. I applaud Shari for all she has done for me and others as well as her efforts to better the town of Bahia Asuncion !

Your comment about other properties being available is not really correct in this case. Most of the beachfront properties have been sold. The other lots in town are now starting to increase in value as well. 2 years ago was prime time to buy; now is still good for what's available; future years will cost more and more and more....
It IS a really cool place !!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 12:33 PM

Diver ----

Asunción sounds like the place for me. I guess you're just getting situated there. Are the lots next to you taken? I'd sure like to get one of those. Sounds like a really neat place to practice my new future hobby, playing drums. A great big set of those percussive beautys would fit perfectly on my new front porch. You like drums, lots of drums, dont'cha? A few people consider them, well, noisy but, not me. I find them soothing.
Do you play any musical instruments? We could form a duo. Wouldn't that be fun?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 01:18 PM

Not so. my comments re: realtors weren't directed towards Shari. Read no. 6. She and i have a fine relationship considering never meeting publicly yet.

i was referring to a few others, globally, without naming names. RE agents in mexico are less than regulated like in US. I love it when 3 or more say they have an "exculsive" listing on a place!

people i think tend to buy on emotion and sell on need - referring to RE properties in mexico.

i have no challenges with paying a reasonable fee for service when i think i need it. But whenever i can lap a dog on my own, i will.

and, just because the beach has been sold doesn't mean some of it won't come on the market every once in a while - and if it turns at a premium good for the seller.

the only thing that keeps me off the pac side is lack of good pistas where i'd like to be. So, Asuncion certainly is on my short list for whenever i might choose some sand of my own. And renting is always good for me, no ties and no entanglements - just the way i like it.:lol:

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 01:32 PM

Sorry if I mis-understood your meaning Mike.
(Eyes getting older - didn't even see #6 !)
No offense intended, just adding my opinions...
How to see you there someday.

Dennis,
First you have to find your piece or send your essay to Shari and she may help you find one. Bring the drums on over, I can't hear much anyway but my kids will jam with you !! Do you play the blues ?

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.