Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: yellow fever in bola
fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2004 at 12:17 PM
yellow fever in bola

Lots of nice size yellows spread out around the bay. 15 to 20 lb class. Find the birds working and sling a jig into the melley let it sink just a bit and reel like all get out. Once the yellows go back down drop to the bottom and haul ass back up. Yesterday I even caught a 4lb cabrilla on the surface that had joined in the feeding frenzy, Lots of whales in the bay fin backs, killer and grey. fishin rich
Baja Red
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2004 at 12:31 PM
fishinrich

Geez,..I am sooooo jealous!! So I take it that the weather down there is O.K. It is "stormin'" here...(I live in Long Beach) Some "hamachi" sounds real good!!(with a Pacifico, wasabe, soy sauce and ginger) Leave some yellows for the rest of us working saps!! Baja Red:cool:
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 08:01 AM

may be down soon, where you staying rich?:coolup:
fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 10:32 AM
daggett's camp

steve I am staying at dagett's. Today it is to windy to launch and fish so it is a mellow day around camp. fishin rich
bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 01:37 PM

Hows Rubin Doin? He get his restaraunt open yet and hows his super panga coming along?

I have always had great fishing for big tails (40-50lbs) in the chanell between isla coranado (smith) and coranaditos on the first half of the incoming tide fishin macks or irons around 250 ft and drifting the hump out in front of smith island.

One of Rubins secret spots is on the back side of Smith just past the gravel bar. Its real deep there, 100ft damn near, right on the shore line!

Your reports are killin me! Wish I was there.

Work is just something I do to keep me buzy between baja trips!
fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2004 at 10:50 AM
yo bajabum

Ruben is doing fine, always building something. His super panga is still sitting in the yard. Igor comes over and he and ruben sit in it and talk about the day they will start working on it. Restaurant is up and runing and the enchiladas are really good. fishin rich
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-29-2004 at 08:01 AM

how long you plan on staying there rich? i'm trying to get out of here but came down with the flu and had to cancel this weekends trip. fred hall show starts next sunday so for sure will be there.:coolup:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.