BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: El Dorado Ranch- San Felipe, any news?
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 07:11 PM
El Dorado Ranch- San Felipe, any news?

One of my partners (against my advice) paid up front for a custom built home in El Dorado.
Promised delivery date was May, so they drove down last month to take possession.
NADA!!!
ZIP!!!
Not even a slab poured.
And all kinds of rhetoric and mealymouth.
Just curious what others are hearing/seeing.

Oh, by the way, they now have a new promise date...
"In time for Christmas"
I told them to not order the trimmed tree just yet.
baja sur
Banned

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 07:59 PM

This came today !

[Edited on 7-13-2007 by baja sur]

b2441.jpg - 32kB
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 09:02 PM

Well, nice promo piece,
guess they used my partner's full payment for brochures.
SWEET>>>>>
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 7-12-2007 at 09:10 PM

Honestly, over 17 years ago when we camped at Pete's Campo just south of the very new El Dorado, I didn't think it would catch on, but they have done well, too well maybe. They are nice homes but situated too far from the beach for my taste, and now the prices have doubled for building in the past three years.

Taking money and not delivering a product couldn't be more wrong.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 07:12 AM

Quote:

Taking money and not delivering a product couldn't be more wrong.

Seems, more and more, to be the Baja way! They do deliver....,but it's only a dream.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 07:23 AM

call pat the owner and find out what the hell he's doing. and i'd threaten a bunch of bad press if he doesn't come up with a good answer.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
baja sur
Banned

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 07:40 AM

A dream that will cost you
40 G's.

b2441.jpg - 45kB
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 10:05 AM

The story of up front money and no construction is becoming a common thing at El Dorado. Got to be careful about what I say as they use the slander laws frequently there. The picture of the 40 grand lot on the brochure is not what you get. The picture shows lots at 200-300 thousand maybe. The 40s are somewhere around 3 miles from the beach and golf course. El Dorado is a nice place, but they have Americanized it so much, you'd think you're building in California. CCRs up the kazoo and they have no qualms about telling you what you can and can't do with your property. Building permits cost thousands. I better get off my soap box before I get sued.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
The story of up front money and no construction is becoming a common thing at El Dorado.

That's crazy. Most wouldn't do that in the states, and to do it in Mexico..........?

Another case of people leaving their common sense at the border, IMO.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 01:04 PM
KEN

Things really have improved-----I remember contracts being signed on a bar napkin----after much careful deliberation.

But this is the progress everyone is always always talking about...........Back then it was only a few hundred down and less than $10,000 for a thirty year lease----right on the beach.

No wonder I like to think of the days gone by!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Steve in Oro Valley
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 01:27 PM

Bajarunner:

It always amazes me; one would never buy buy real estate in the USA w/o setting up an escrow and requiring title insurance of some kind.

Do not check your brains at the border when you visit Mexico!!!

There are stories popping up in the Arizona newspapers about people paying for a condo or some such in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Sonora and not getting delivery. They are suing, of course....

One article said that the number of visitors to Rocky Point has gone up 6 fold since 2001. There are more than 20 big hotels in Rocky today compared to one back in 1976...

Steve in Oro Valley
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 01:36 PM
YUP

Life is tough 2.jpg - 32kB
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Do not check your brains at the border when you visit Mexico!!!

Steve in Oro Valley

Steve, Believe me the Bajarunner has 'never' checked his brains anyplace...........He was referring to a friend.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 02:48 PM

WOW! SGT. Stryker looks like John Wayne.:O
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2007 at 06:15 PM

that place really sucks. who'd want to live there, especially in summer, with so many other good deals around other places.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 08:14 AM

Runner, If your partner paid up front for a house in Eldorado ranch (you did not say when he set up the contract?) and did not come down here or have an overseer for his project #1 he has only himself to blame! If he thought this was all just gonna happen with a signed piece of paper ,he did leave his brains at the border! Has he ever been to Mx. before this??? DUHH! If he is not contracted with Mia Casita it is sure not Pat Butler's fault Mike! Mia Casita does NOT build ALL of the houses in Eldorado. If the guy had a contract with an outside contractor P.Butler has nothing to do with it. If Mia Casita has the contract THEN , yes it is a developer problem! NO ONE, should ever come down here, contract a house, pay up front, walk away with a delivey date, signed papers,(Eldorado or ANY other place) dollars paid or not! I thought everyone was smarter that THAT!:no::no::no:
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 08:42 AM

Paying in total for anything up front to be delivered later is dumb, we all agree on that. But what about the sales people and the organization they represent even taking all the money up front? Letting somebody do something so foolish is slimey to begin with. The fact that they asked for all the money up front indicates a very low ethical standard and should have raised a big red flag. A worthy hooker doesn't even do that, so I've heard.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 09:19 AM
i don't know "mi casita" from adam - WTF

Quote:
Originally posted by meme
Runner, If your partner paid up front for a house in Eldorado ranch (you did not say when he set up the contract?) and did not come down here or have an overseer for his project #1 he has only himself to blame! If he thought this was all just gonna happen with a signed piece of paper ,he did leave his brains at the border! Has he ever been to Mx. before this??? DUHH! If he is not contracted with Mia Casita it is sure not Pat Butler's fault Mike! Mia Casita does NOT build ALL of the houses in Eldorado. If the guy had a contract with an outside contractor P.Butler has nothing to do with it. If Mia Casita has the contract THEN , yes it is a developer problem! NO ONE, should ever come down here, contract a house, pay up front, walk away with a delivey date, signed papers,(Eldorado or ANY other place) dollars paid or not! I thought everyone was smarter that THAT!:no::no::no:

nothing i read had to do with who was building, only that nothing was getting delivered and it was at Eldo Dildo Rancho. An ethical developer would be concerned with his lot buyer's treatment after the sale even if he wasn't getting to do the vertical.

Butler lied to me twice about the airpark in his master plan. But......you can't con a guy who's in biz in a con prevelant industry like land development!!

when i previewed the property i was treated disrespectfully by one of their sales scums, a real effing pearl bedraped b-tch interested only in her commission - when i called her on her lack of style and obviously pushy high pressure tactics she stormed off indignantly.

anyone who's dumb enough to blindly trust developers deserves what they get. Caveat Emptor rules all things.

sorry - but that place is sadly underwhelming. i would be peeed if i owned a finished product there , wanted to dump it and had to take a beating since they are over priced to start.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 09:43 AM

At El Dorado I would think the split is about 50-50 among the property owners. Those who trust the developer and those who feel they got scammed. There are those that fall to the ground and kiss the ground that the developer walks on and then the others who would love to hire a hit man. If I knew back several years ago when I bought there, compared to what I know now, I would be living elsewhere. At the present time the south camps is where you want to be. But, the way San Felipe is growing it's hard to say where the next best place will be.
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2007 at 11:25 AM

The Biggest problem with buildimg elsewhere is Security!
I am in the 50 whose trust is not the greatest as yes,P. Butler has promised many things to happen here that have not happened! The other 50 seems to be the newest people who belive it will come sooner than many of us old timers believe it will. The newer people have not YET had the "waiting" that many of us have, but they will learn. Plus always a problem with most sales people, they tell you what you want to hear & don't mention what you really want to know! We have many doubts that we would ever build in EDR again knowing the things we know now.
One of the best things tho is the security we have here and few others do have it!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.